Where's everyone gone?

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
cammoblammo

Where's everyone gone?

Post by cammoblammo » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:02 am

Crikey it's quiet around here.

I started coming to this forum a month or two ago and there seemed to be plenty of action. Okay, not a lot, but enough to keep me away from the housework. I sign up, post a couple of times... and everything goes dead.

It's like queues. I can get on the end of a really long line at the bank/restaurant/whateverelseIdooffline and half an hour later the queue will be much shorter but I'll still be on the end of it. Whatever it is we're all waiting for seems really interesting until I come along.

Or is everyone trying (or not) to tell me something? I mean, I thought it was BO, but that doesn't work as well over the internet. Hmm, there might be a story in that. Interested, Norm?

Now if you move the forum you will tell me, won't you guys? Guys? Hey, guys? GUYS!!!

Eh, I'm going to see if you're hiding over at Escape Artists.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Yah, I'm not sure whats up with the lull the last couple weeks. Everyone must be doing taxes....

Maybe we need a good controversy- (hey cammo, I heard GELee was talkin smack about bolddeciever...)

Or we could go over to EP forums and say "Hurry, everyone's trashing science fiction over at the Drabblecast forums!"
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Science fiction is lame! Steve Eley is a goober!

There, that'll get 'em coming.

It did go dead all of a sudden. :cry: Makes me sad. I was (am) hoping for some deeper discussion about some of the topics that have come up (because of the stories or otherwise).

I feel hesitant to start a lot of things myself because I fear making the forum in Mr. Tweedy's blog... That and my opinions tend to piss a lot of people off and I figure it's not good for the nominal peacekeeper to be starting fights... Or maybe I'm just chicken.
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:54 am

Looks like you can't win, Mr Tweedy. I haven't seen the Mr Tweedy of old for a while, and people are flocking to Escape Artists. Yet you come here and be all nice and caring and nobody cares.

It just ain't right.

If you think we need a forum curmudgeon, feel free to ping me.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:57 am

Yah, actually I never really got why people were all over Tweedy's case over there. I guess amoral leftwing psycho-liberals will be amoral leftwing psycho-liberals...

*stirring pot*
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:25 am

normsherman wrote:Yah, actually I never really got why people were all over Tweedy's case over there. I guess amoral leftwing psycho-liberals will be amoral leftwing psycho-liberals...

*stirring pot*
So you've heard this week's EP too?

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 am

LOL!

Yeah. A few months ago I would have been all in there stirring things up, but I got tired of it being me vs. everybody all the time. This is not a complaint that I was unfairly picked on, but being the sole voice of–um–that stuff I think just isn't as fun at it used to be.

That, and Mr. Tweedy vs. everybody can use up a lot of Mr. Tweedy's time. :(
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:02 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:LOL!

Yeah. A few months ago I would have been all in there stirring things up, but I got tired of it being me vs. everybody all the time.
Yeah, I used to have the same problem. Then my wife said to one day "You know Cammoblammo, have you ever thought you might just be wrong?"

Talk about missing the point!

A recent xkcd sums up our relationship nicely: http://xkcd.com/386/

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:55 am

Your wife calls you Cammoblammo?
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:13 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Your wife calls you Cammoblammo?

HAHAHA
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:30 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Your wife calls you Cammoblammo?
When she's in a good mood.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:41 am

Hmmm... My wife usually calls me "hey you."
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:49 am

well, some good news behind the scenes that may brighten the forums up from just the "Norm, Cammoblammo, Mr Tweedy Show"...not that you guys aren't super cool or anything.

But now we might not have to go with the Drabblecast Free Xbox Incentive program at least (with completion of 12 online offers fine print).

I'll just be cryptic about it for now...muwahaha
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 am

normsherman wrote:well, some good news behind the scenes that may brighten the forums up from just the "Norm, Cammoblammo, Mr Tweedy Show"...not that you guys aren't super cool or anything.
Can't talk for the Tweedster, but you sure got that bit right. And don''t worry about the Xbox. I'm more of a Wii man myself.
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Hmmm... My wife usually calls me "hey you."
I did say 'in a good mood.' I don't normally get that sort of attention.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:40 pm

Yes! A fellow Wii man! The Wii is the best thing since smallpox vaccine. Ever time I play games on my buddy's X Box 360 or PS3, I think "This would be so much better on the Wii." Gears of War is just begging, begging on its knees to use Wii controls. The number of kills I've missed trying to shove the reticle around with a clumsy analog stick. Grr! Anyway...

What games do you have? The only online game I've got at the moment is Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, but I figure I'll be getting Smash Brothers sometime this year. What's yer console number?

I've been telling my wife for some time that video games are a bona fide art form, to which she would always reply with something to the effect that video games are a childish vice that I should have outgrown. But after watching me play Super Mario Galaxy, she conceded "Well, maybe this game is art." Score for the Wii!
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:16 pm

When I say 'I'm a Wii man' I mean that if I were to purchase a current gen console, it would probably be the Wii. I do have an original PlayStation, but none of the controllers work, so that doesn't get much love any more.

Of course, if we were to go buying a console now I would probably be outvoted by the rest of the family. It's not like I'd actually get to play the thing.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm

Aw... Well, go buy one then. (That goes for everybody else too! Buy a Wii. They rule!)

Seriously, it's worth the $300 just to experience Mario Galaxy.
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm

Tweedy, if you or anyone else out there play Smash Bros- Luke, Kendall and Bo are all organizing online gaming. I'm not sure how it works or what's goin on but I'll try to get Luke to fill in.

I suck at video games (with the exception of Joust for Atari, which I am the master off) so I play banjo instead.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:57 pm

My buddy Jeremie is getting Smash Brothers. We usually play games on Sunday nights. I'd get it but my fun money is low at the moment (a very, very long moment). I don't think I'll be getting any new games until my birthday rolls around in June.

What're y'all's Wii numbers? I'll add them to Jeremie's friend list when I next get over to his house.
Advertise in this space!

AugustLeo

Post by AugustLeo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:12 pm

[quote="Mr. Tweedy"]Aw... Well, go buy one then. (That goes for everybody else too! Buy a Wii. They rule!) quote]

Hey guys. Yeah, my roomie bought a Wii last fall and wouldn't stop playing it for the longest time. We used to go at it, but I always beat him at golf, which is funny since he's an avid golfer and I've never even been on a golf course in real life.

Well the Wii is now neglected and sitting sad and idle in the corner since he bought an Xbox 360. Now sometimes I can't sleep at night because of all the house shaking explotions from Timeshift at 1 am.