Where's everyone gone?

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:14 am

I, also, am a Wii fanatic.

I second Wario Ware: Smooth Moves as a must-have. Especially if you like to play games during parties.

I registered for the Wii Fit for my wedding (and have yet to get it).

I'm a BIG fan of both the Trauma Center games. This is where you get to perform operations using the Wiimote and nunchuck

SMASH is a must, as is Zelda of course.

My Most Wanted list:

Conduit -- I'm hoping this game is everything I'm expecting it to be. Check the trailers on IGN if you aren't familiar with it.

The Beatles Guitar Hero/Rock Band -- I've heard rumors of this, and frankly, I've been waiting to invest in the band game setup until this comes out. I want the special edition guitar that inevitably comes with this game.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

DougallStrange

Other Ganes

Post by DougallStrange » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 am

Wow My opinion of Drabblecast listeners Already Extremely High has just gone even Higher. I love My Wii! here are some of the ones I like.

Bully Scholarship edition: Grand Theft Auto in private School
House of the Dead Overkill: Pure Zombie Killing Goodness
Punch Out!: Little Mac is Back takin down the suckers
Mega Man 11: Old School Greatness
Unnamable Cthuloid horrors, crumble rock, rusts scissors and inscribes paper with blasphemous secrets that cause your eyeballs to explode while your tongue catches fire from the unholy hymns your crazed mind forces you to scream out.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:10 am

The Conduit comes out June 23rd. I am buying. Who wants to pwn me?
Advertise in this space!

clutron

Let's get WiiTarded

Post by clutron » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:55 pm

So I'm one of those freaks who doesn't have broadband at home...what? Yeah, it's embarrassing...Anyway, I should be remedying that situation soon...and I have a Wii...so as soon as I get this mug set up, I'm wanting to play some of you fools in the most ancient and honorable form of competition known as Mario Kart racing...plus, I'll send you some Mii's...
Take off you hoser

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:38 am

:(

I traded Mario Kart for Halo 3. I hadn't played it in months.
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote::(

I traded Mario Kart for Halo 3. I hadn't played it in months.
Get it back, you... Tweed! Mario Kart is the most awesomest game!
Also super: Super Smash Bros, I can kick some ass in that game. Although I'm a bit out of practice. I guess I know what to do this weekend. w00t!
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

future is bright

Post by StalinSays » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Two roommates assure me a healthy helping of Smash Brothers play. One of my favorite games. I also greatly enjoyed Mario Kart, but similarly, have not played it in months. Of all things a Pokemon fascination has arisen in me. Blame it on a bite from a were-12-year-old.

The E3 games expo showed off some choice titles in the Wii's future:
  • Mario Galaxy 2: http://kotaku.com/5276946/super-mario-g ... nd-trailer - A direct sequel to one of the best games going on Wii. Usually true Mario franchise installments are staggered by console releases, something like 6 years. Nintendo has changed tact and I couldn't be more excited.
  • Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles: http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14328873.html - I played the first 'rail shooter' Resident Evil on the Wii. It's the best around if you want to point the remote at your TV and make some zombies deader. Plus they're claiming the best graphics yet seen on the console.
  • Silent Hill: Shattered Memories: http://kotaku.com/5277799/silent-hill-s ... es-a-light - a 'ground up' remake of the original and best Silent Hill (a psychological horror franchise, for those who are new). It boasts some really interesting hooks, chiefly no actual monster combat, just cowering, the remote used as a flash light exploring the frightening abyss, and gameplay that actually responds to your habits. Your style informs the events of the story, and the twisted visages of the madness monsters. The now famous example is if you dwell on a pin-up girl calendar on the wall, your monsters take on a more salacious edge, hounding you as the pervert you are.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

I just preordered 2 copies of The Conduit: One for me and one for a buddy.

Come on, people! The Conduit is where it's at (I hope)!
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

hopefuly

Post by StalinSays » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Come on, people! The Conduit is where it's at (I hope)!
I'm waiting on reviews. Pre-release buzz has been good, but that's a lot to do with Wii owners being shooter starved. SEGA is a fickle, schizophrenic developer/publisher. You can't make judgements until you got the game in hand.

I'm here with you though, I'm saying a prayer and wishing for great things. Only reason it wasn't on the list is that it's release is imminent.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Copied verbatim from my post on The Wiire forum:

Well, I've spent about on hour with the single player mode and I have the following first impressions:

1.) This game has the best controls of any game ever, period. PC purists may still claim that nothing will ever beat the keys and mouse, but I think this does. The aiming/turning uses a unique system that's really great. While your reticle is within the dead zone, the camera will turn in the direction you are pointing without turning the character, just like if you were looking with your eyes. Move the reticle outside the dead zone, and the whole character turns. This system is totally intuitive because it's just how you look and move in real life. It takes a second to bet used to, but after a few minutes you forget you're holding a controller at all and just think where you want to be shooting.

The controller customization is great. The default scheme is quite good, but you can mix it up any way you like. For instance, I've got a friend who always said he wished a Wii FPS would let him turn with the thumbstick (like in the N64 days) and use the pointer only to aim. Well, his wish is granted.

My only complaint is that the motion controls can only be mapped to certain functions. I really like flicking the remote to reload, but I can't: Reload has got to be a button press. Small complain, but it still falls short of total customizability. What I can do it set the Z button to shoot, which means this game might actually work with my Wii zapper. For some stupid reason, every other FPS on Wii demanded that you use B to shoot even if you had a zapper, which feels so completely unnatural to anyone who's ever fired a real gun that it makes it unusable.

2.) The graphics are as advertised. This is easily the best-looking Wii game ever, and, yes, I think the game is encroaching on 360 territory. It doesn't look anywhere near as good as AAA PS3/360 games like RE5 or Gears of War, but I'd say it's getting close to average 360 graphics. I.e. if this were a 360 game, I don't think the critics would mark it down for looking crappy, although they certainly wouldn't give it any trophies either.

3.) It's really fun. This is an old-school shoot-em-up like I haven't played in a long time, and I like it. The action is very fast and fluid, with you pulling the trigger pretty much constantly and sprinting around like a maniac to avoid enemy fire. It's nothing like the serious shooters that have been more popular recently. This has no pretensions of being a movie: It's all game.

The enemy AI is actually decent. For instance, enemies will not charge at you down a narrow corridor. I tried that tried and true tactic at one point and got nowhere: Not only would the enemies not charge down the hall, they were actually smart enough to position themselves on either side of the door leading out of it and wait for me to charge them. The AI isn't amazing, but it's certainly competent.

So far I think this is going to get a between an "8" and a "9" from me. It seems like exactly what I was hoping for: A solid, fun old-school shooter with top-notch production and plenty of options for online pwnage. It's not groundbreaking, and it's not a work of art, but it does what it does very well, and it sets a high bar for future Wii production.

This is me --> :D

Oh, and my friend code is 3652-8302-6668.
Advertise in this space!

swamp

Re:

Post by swamp » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:13 pm

cammoblammo wrote:Looks like you can't win, Mr Tweedy. I haven't seen the Mr Tweedy of old for a while, and people are flocking to Escape Artists. Yet you come here and be all nice and caring and nobody cares.
normsherman wrote:Yah, actually I never really got why people were all over Tweedy's case over there. I guess amoral leftwing psycho-liberals will be amoral leftwing psycho-liberals...

*stirring pot*
Mr. Tweedy wrote:LOL!

Yeah. A few months ago I would have been all in there stirring things up, but I got tired of it being me vs. everybody all the time. This is not a complaint that I was unfairly picked on, but being the sole voice of–um–that stuff I think just isn't as fun at it used to be.

That, and Mr. Tweedy vs. everybody can use up a lot of Mr. Tweedy's time. :(
LOL. Oh the memories. I did try to back you up when I could, but a lot of times it seemed you were looking for the fight. Well it seems like you have found a nice home over here, and what a great place to make a home. DC is awesome and seems to be only getting better.

strawman

Re: Where's everyone gone?

Post by strawman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:36 am

Yeahy, you tell all those EP people that over here, Tweedy's a CZAR !!!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

normsherman
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Post by normsherman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:51 am

swamp wrote:
LOL. Oh the memories. I did try to back you up when I could, but a lot of times it seemed you were looking for the fight. Well it seems like you have found a nice home over here, and what a great place to make a home. DC is awesome and seems to be only getting better.
yah, but his experiences over there eventually led to his defeating of the Water Elemental, which gained him the Empathy Shard, boosting his Mod skillz by +7. Only the most leftist of bosses-- including Level 12's-- can shake him now. It's only a matter of time before he acquires the Dagger of Death Panels, then you hippie's better have some +2 Health Potion saved up.

for real though. tweedy practically made controversy butter as much as he stirred up the EP forums. You either gotta boot someone like that or give him his own forum to run. :-)
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah. You tell that pansy Russel Nash that my serfs can take his serfs any day of the week.
Advertise in this space!

swamp

Post by swamp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:36 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Yeah. You tell that pansy Russel Nash that my serfs can take his serfs any day of the week.
:lol: Russell still has many of the EA serfs to fight with on his own. I still poke at him, too, every once in a while.

Seriously, I was gald to see you so busy over here after your disappearance over there.

strawman

Post by strawman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:09 pm

swamp wrote:Seriously, I was gald to see you so busy over here after your disappearance over there.
Spellcheck: I think you meant to say "galled"
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

swamp

Post by swamp » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:30 pm

strawman wrote:
swamp wrote:Seriously, I was gald to see you so busy over here after your disappearance over there.
Spellcheck: I think you meant to say "galled"
:D "Galled" would have been funnier, it's true, but I actually meant "glad", as in: happy, pleased, joyful, etc.

I'll have to watch myself around here.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:52 am

swamp wrote:I'll have to watch myself around here.
Well, we're all watching you, so why not join in the fun?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:41 am

I got a PS3 today, if anyone has one of those...
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:00 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I got a PS3 today, if anyone has one of those...
Mmm Blu-Ray.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.