Where's everyone gone?

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:06 pm

Yeah, sadly, Wii is currently lacking in the window-shattering-explosion action games department. I seriously hope they work on that.

But, on the other hand, did you just play Wii Sports? Wii Sports is really just a bunch of tech demos; there's a reason it's free in the box. I currently own Metriod Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 and Mercury Meltdown Revolution. Good games. On my "to buy eventually" list are Smash Brothers, Battalion Wars 2 and Zack and Wiki. And there's a couple on horizon that might be cool...

In other words, if all you've played is Wii Sports, then you haven't really played the Wii.
Advertise in this space!

Philippa

Post by Philippa » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:43 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I've been telling my wife for some time that video games are a bona fide art form, to which she would always reply with something to the effect that video games are a childish vice that I should have outgrown.
Lies!!! As someone who works in games I refuse to accept that my chosen career is just an attempt to prolong my childhood as far as possible...

I for one haven't been on the forum as much because I've been a slave to the PS3 Orange Box for a few weeks shooting head crabs in Half-Life 2. I tried Wii for the first time a couple of months ago at a friends: Warioware - seriously whacked, seriously fun. Those kooky Japanese! The only other thing I've tried is Wii Play.

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Well, I started this thread but observant readers might have noticed that I too have been missing of late.

A week or so ago we moved house. That meant I had to pack up the computer and get the ADSL connection moved to the new place. I was advised that the process would take a minimum of three weeks.

Aargh. But what can you do?

Anyway, we got over here and I've experienced odd things --- there are small human like creatures I've noticed that my wife calls 'children.' Apparently I contributed to their DNA. They seemed to be pretty cool to have around.

I also discovered these things called 'books.' They're sort of like podcasts, but the stories are all written on this papery stuff (like what comes out of your printer) and you don't have to wait for the download.

I finally got the computer working again, but the telephone company stuffed up and we didn't have a phone for several days, so the wife also found herself at a loose end. We actually talked, which is also a bit like listening to a podcast, but get this, it's interactive! (Or does Norm just ignore me when I talk back to him?)

The phone was finally connected, and I discovered a day or two later that the 'net connection was already up. (I could have found out earlier, but the ISP emailled me to tell me it was ready. These guys have always seemed intelligent in the past.)

Everything was hooked up in a matter of minutes, but then I find out (after a lot of trial and error) that my network card's had the fritz. I had another one handy, but it's only just doing the job.

So to cut a long story... well, to make it even longer, I'm back. Yeah baby!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:09 am

Well, I thought it was time to bump this thread. Like most people, I've got nothing to say, but I can't stand the sound of silence. So please consider this post profound and enlightening.

That is all.

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:55 am

Yep. It's not quite like Will Smith coming back to a deserted New York kind of eerie. More like Will Smith coming back to a deserted Climax, Georgia kind of eerie.
I was wondering if in all the format/rss excitement, all the forum members just peeled off in an MP4 plane of existence.
If you want Tinkerbell to live, clap your hands, boys and girls!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Chivalrybean

Post by Chivalrybean » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:59 am

A lighting technician who was missing for a week was discovered to have been accidentally locked into a closet. The electrical firm that he worked for was struggling without him because he was their best expert. When he was found, the company newsletter announced "enlightening pro found"

Please consider this post more of the same.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm

Kids, loud. Friends, insane.
Flash makes PhotoShop seem easy.
Awake at two. Zzz.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Whack haiku, Tweeds.
At least 4 of us remain.
It's always darkest right before the DC(awn)

Spoiler:

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:17 pm

WootWoot!

A perfect post to introduce myself, because I also possess a Wii [mustmustmust buy Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart] and I also hate silence.
Love to jabber, listen to the drabbles and sometimes just annoy the hell out of people. Though I do that with a big smile, so no-one really gets the annoying part ;P

Ah well... Here I am!!! Hey all of you! :]
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:32 pm

zZzacha wrote:WootWoot!

A perfect post to introduce myself, because I also possess a Wii [mustmustmust buy Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart] and I also hate silence.
Love to jabber, listen to the drabbles and sometimes just annoy the hell out of people. Though I do that with a big smile, so no-one really gets the annoying part ;P

Ah well... Here I am!!! Hey all of you! :]
Hey, zZzacha! Wilkommen Nederlands! Near as I can figure, your quote translates "He can make butter out of many things in my head". Can that be true?

Spoiler:

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Greetings Wii owner, fellow partaker in the bliss of the Mushroom Kingdom!

I'm thinking Blast Works looks pretty awesome. A strange game that lets strange people share their strange creations.
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:38 am

strawman wrote:Hey, zZzacha! Wilkommen Nederlands! Near as I can figure, your quote translates "He can make butter out of many things in my head". Can that be true?
Hallo strawman! Thanks for the warme ontvangst :]
You're thinking in the right direction with my quote. We Dutch girls love to churn the butter in our heads. What else is there to do!?!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:42 am

[sorry for posting twice in a row, couldn't let this one go.
And that rhymes. Yeah, I'm on a roll here!]
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Greetings Wii owner, fellow partaker in the bliss of the Mushroom Kingdom!

I'm thinking Blast Works looks pretty awesome. A strange game that lets strange people share their strange creations.
Sounds great! I love the part about "..let your imagination take over and produce an utterly baffling opus that will sicken people who don't understand your twisted take on reality."
And so my shopping list grows and grows...

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:40 am

FYI for anyone who's got a Wii!

My Wii console # is 7096-8945-8605-2260. Send me some Miis!
My Friend Code for Mario Kart is 4210-4654-1184. Race me!
I play Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 as "Mr2weedy". Shoot me in the face!
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:49 am

YAAAWWWNN......

Nothing else seems to be happening, so I thought I'd wake the thread up again. Still don't have a Wii (although the wife's thinking about it---we get two thousand dollars of Government stimulus $$$ on Wednesday). I have a faster net connection and a functioning network card. Umm... I don't personally know any Dutch chicks under 60.

I think that sums my response to the thread so far. Could somebody chime in before I resort to the unthinkable?
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:55 am

cammoblammo wrote:YAAAWWWNN......

Nothing else seems to be happening, so I thought I'd wake the thread up again. Still don't have a Wii (although the wife's thinking about it---we get two thousand dollars of Government stimulus $$$ on Wednesday). I have a faster net connection and a functioning network card. Umm... I don't personally know any Dutch chicks under 60.

I think that sums my response to the thread so far. Could somebody chime in before I resort to the unthinkable?
Dutch chicks are still hot when they're sixty. (Pats self on back for nice save.)

Australia is handing out stimulus checks too? Good grief! Has no one heard of inflation? Our leaders have evidently found the legendary Fountain of Credit.
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:20 am

Ughhhh... I'm using my impending stimulus check to buy a nice little basement apartment below the local carnival. Oh, and a mallet...a big heavy mallet.
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:
Dutch chicks are still hot when they're sixty. (Pats self on back for nice save.)

Australia is handing out stimulus checks too? Good grief! Has no one heard of inflation? Our leaders have evidently found the legendary Fountain of Credit.
My mother-in-law is Dutch, so I will not comment. She's just bought a computer and got connected to the internet, so I now have to treat anything I say as guaranteed to be read by her. She has a knack for finding these things out.

And yeah, Australia is handing out stimulus checks. Inflation isn't currently a problem, and the way fuel has gone down in the last couple of months, it isn't likely to be. Also, the stimulus is paid for by money the Government already had in the bank, so there's no problem there. The timing was interesting---those eligible for the stimulus (more about that another time) received it last week or they will this week. It's almost guaranteed to be spent on Christmas shopping, so the retailers and manufacturers are happy too.
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:09 pm

:?: :?: :?:

Your government has money in the bank?

:shock:

I'm speechless. What an alien concept. My federal, state and local government all run huge deficits, and, as it turns out, lots of our private companies do too. :( Our government's wise solution is to print off trillions and trillions of dollars to fill in the gaps... And sell debt to other countries. Probably Australia. :twisted:

If you're worried aobut your Dutch mother-in-law reading your posts, just change your handle. Go by something totally different, like, say, camoblamo. She'll never guess that cammoblammo and camoblamo are the same person.

Forget in Norm. You don't have momentum.
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi, Dutch Chick here - below 60 yet still hot!

I feel a bit left out. Not because I'm the only chick nor because of the language barrier (when will you ever understand "Op Koninginnedag zijn alle dijken oranje"...) but because my government isn't spending any money on me! They are buying banks, closing coffee shops (that's the Dutch coffee shops, where you cannot buy any coffee) and banishing magic mushrooms. I don't think I want to be Dutch anymore.

Norm, I may have to use that mallet you just bought!