Sackoon vs. Sanitee vs. Night Owl vs. Chronocerous

delfedd

Post by delfedd » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:35 am

Very true. However, I've gotta say I can't see any holes for the sanitee to see into.

However, this may have been unintentional. I highly doubt that anyone would intentionally entirely negate one of the mega-beast's powers against one particular opponent. In the last fight, for example, Hornaztee could still damage Indomitable, even if it wasn't as effective.

Assuming that there are portholes of some kind, then sanitee's potential goes up dramatically from my point of view. He can singlehandedly take out the Sackoon (by making it swallow it's molten lead, as suggested earlier).

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:35 am

Well, what's the duration of the mind jacking? Because I see this all happening very quickly. One tanuki start screaming as he tries to fight off the psi attack. Then Sanitee gets hits with a barrage of fire from the other two. If the mind control is long lasting without active control, well, the Sanitee wins just about any battle. If the attack needs concentration, then the Sanitee would need to be out of Sackoon's attacking range and withing mind control range for several uninterrupted seconds before enough mayhem could occur to immobilize Sackoon.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Possibly, but remember that Sanitee can mind-jack Chronoceros (and possibly Night Owl; I don't think so, but its debatable) to attack Sackoon in his stead. Remember also that Sanitee has telekinetic powers and could probably turn bullets aside, especially a long-distance barrage.

Hmmm... It's a long shot, but I thought of a way Sackoon could win, if those tanuki are clever and a little lucky. It all depends on their recon: Do they know what the others' powers are? If they do, then they can do the following:

It's been stated the Sackoon could shoot Chronoceros because his slipstream powers are limited. I disagree. In order to dodge bullets, Chronoceros does not to use his slipstream continuously, only when he foresees that a bullet will hit him. He can charge in a crescent movement, avoid most of the bullets by simple movement and only "slipping" when necessary. His horn, being, after all, a mega-beast horn, will puncture Sackoon's nether region and kill the pilots inside. Sackoon cannot beat Chronoceros one on one.

However, Sackoon's ranged weapons are great for keeping the opponents at a distance, even if their potential for causing damage is low. Sackoon needs to be defensive and keep out of things until Night Owl and Sanitee take out Chronoceros.

What happens next depends on luck. If Sanitee attacks Sackoon first, the tanuki are doomed, but if Night Owl attacks them... My idea of Night Owl's attack is that he swoops in, latches onto Sackoon's back and uses his razor talons like a can opener. He makes a small hole in the armor and then goes inside, where he will devour the tanuki like an Alien® eating space marines... Except that the tanuki, anticipating this maneuver, have abandoned ship. Night Owl releases an bitter howl of disappointment at finding the mech empty, and that is his last act before the now mech-less tanuki hit the self-destruct button, sending the mech up in a ball of flame, taking Night Owl with it.

The three tanuki now advance on Sanitee. They know he will try to mind jack them, and they have agreed in advance what to do about it. They rush forward, and suddenly one stumbles and screams as his mind is invaded. His grim-faced comrades immediately kill him with their side-arms. Sanitee is stunned by this and takes a moment to regroup, then attacks again. Bang! A second tanuki is killed by his friend. Again Sanitee is stunned, but this time it's too late for him to try again: The last tanuki soldier is on him, unloading his sidearm into the bloated brain, then jumping on it and carving out brainy chunks with his Rambo knife.

The last tanuki buries his sacrificed comrades, placing their coon-tags on their graves, then sings a samurai ballad in their honor.

I've been voting for Night Owl, but today I'm voting for Sackoon. Their victory certainly makes for the best story.
Advertise in this space!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Exactly. A tanuki's greatest strength is trickery.

For example, who's to say that all three tanuki's are inside to begin with? One may be dressed up as a boulder, waiting to scrape Chronocerouses eye's out. Inside the mech are two tanuki's and a straw-man tanuki, complete with drawn-on smile.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

nice.

Post by StalinSays » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Haha - awesome concepts all.

As for recon - all Mega-Beasts hit the field sight unseen. Think Secret Wars, with Norm as the Beyonder. What they know of each combatant must be learned amidst battle. This is where the intelligence of a Sanitee becomes a huge advantage, assessing tactics etc. Same for the boldness of the now twice deceased Skullverine: inhibition spells defeat.

As for Sanitee's mind control - all he needs is eye contact, and its "near-instant." He can sustain it as long as he makes his puppet his primary focus. Getting shot or clawed in the brain would break his hold.

As for Sackoon's sight - the testicular pilots view the battlefield via screens in the front of their compartment cab. Left ball gets the larger mech's left 'eye' camera, right gets the right. The main gunner, who handles the saki attacks, and aiming, sits behind the toothy grimace, peering through the semi transparent teeth. Gun control can be overridden by the testicles, if he is lost or ejected, but aiming loses all semblance of precision, where the whole body would need to spin and to rotate fire.

As for all scenarios requiring team work or leaving the mech - fair game, and highly entertaining. Any tanuki left to scout might well just get drunk in the shade. The gunner is more judicious and critical, but not immune to his whimsical nature. Also, a departed testicular pilot would give the larger mech the equivalent of a stroke - only aiming and flying from one side of its body. Tanukis can switch places, and lock their cabs, in emergencies.

Oh, and Sanitee could could control a screen viewer - he is that strong. It wouldn't be as tenacious a link though. Being as smart as he is, he'd most likely go after the tanuki's brain first.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: nice.

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:51 pm

StalinSays wrote: Oh, and Sanitee could could control a screen viewer - he is that strong. It wouldn't be as tenacious a link though. Being as smart as he is, he'd most likely go after the tanuki's brain first.
Is Sanitee's attack a control attack, or a damage attack?

Okay- important question here. Can Sanitee control a drunk tanuki? :-)

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Oh geez... Well, if only Sanitee will really understand what he's up against, maybe he does have chance.

Tomorrow I'll think of a scenario where Sanitee wins.
Advertise in this space!

auf_weiderzen

Post by auf_weiderzen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:50 am

Quick one: how long is a "prolonged stare" for Sanitee? If he can literally stare-down Night Owl before Night Owl is in range then that definitely takes care of the dark horse. Owl. Whatever.

That doesn't mean that he isn't torn to shreds by Sackoon fire in the mean time.

However, if he happens to try dominating the mind of Chronocerus first, he can also gain tactical insight beyond what he may infer himself.

I still think Sanitee is the closest thing to a fleshy pinata in the competition, though.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

mind powers

Post by StalinSays » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:54 am

auf_weiderzen wrote:Quick one: how long is a "prolonged stare" for Sanitee?
I would say about 10 - 15 seconds is fair. This is of course if he wills an aneurysm; you can be a mind slave for far longer, and be just peachy (assuming Sanitee sees further use in your existence).

delfedd

Post by delfedd » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:38 am

Only one of the sackoon pilots is a gunner.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:38 pm

Today I voted for Sanitee.

If all of the contenders are meeting for the first time, then Sanitee has a huge advantage going in. His mental powers will allow him to scrutinize the others and learn their weaknesses within the first 5 seconds. Within the first 55 seconds, he will be victorious.

He will instantly recognize that he cannot fight Night Owl directly, owing to the psychic poison of the shadow-beast's evil nature, so he will make eliminating him a priority. He will analyze Sackon and realize that the mech gives him an ideal means of doing so. He mind-jacks the Sackoon gunner and forces him to turn his guns on Night Owl. (The other tanuki do not realize that their comrade is being controlled, since he is not behaving strangely.) Night Owl, pissed at the annoying but ineffectual gunfire, swoops down and performs the maneuver I had previously mentioned, cutting his way into the armor to attack the tanuki inside. As soon as Night Owl is inside, Sanitee makes the puppet gunner pour his molten saki into the hole, killing everything within.

Night Owl and Sackoon down with one blow.

Now all that's left is poor Chronoceros. Sanitee has been levitating just above his reach while he dealt with Sackoon and Night Owl, and Chronoceros has just been running around in frustrated circles, leaping and lunging at Sanitee's tail, but to no avail. Sanitee mind jacks him, usurps his powers, and makes him rewind time so that he appears in his own path and impales himself on his horn.

Sanitee shakes his head and sighs. He pities the fools. He really does.

Or... Sanitee mind jacks Chronoceros and keeps him as a pet, taking him along for the next round...
Advertise in this space!

bearclaws

Post by bearclaws » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:00 pm

Man, everytime I red one of these posts I change my mind about this round. I started with Night Owl and have been behind all of them so far. I'm somewhere between Chronocerous and Sakoon now.
I hope some of you bitches will call in and leave rants, I'm pretty impressed with the logic goin on here.

auf_weiderzen

Post by auf_weiderzen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:20 pm

All of this assumes that they will immediately start trying to kill each other on sight. <imafag>I think that they will see that each of them is unique in their own special way. They will recognize and respect their differences and accept the others' existences. Then they will have a tea party with cake.</imafag>

Of course, the tea will be brought by Night Owl from the depth of fiendish hell dimension, which only he immune to. The Tanukis will then surreptitiously poison the brew with iocane powder (which they have been building a tolerance to). Sanitee will use his telekinesis to superheat the tea to flesh-boiling temperatures in the mouths of the other competitors, while neutralizing the poison in his mind-altered physiology. Chronocerous will simply go back in time three seconds and not drink, instead choosing to throw the toxic brew into the face of Sanitee and, leaping onto the table, land on top of Sanitee, crushing him.

So, in the event of a tea party, Chronocerous wins!

EDIT: Yes, I am insane. And sadly this is 68 words to long for Drabble.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

proclaims

Post by StalinSays » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:21 pm

auf_weiderzen wrote:So, in the event of a tea party, Chronocerous wins!
And then immediately proclaims: "never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

---
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Or... Sanitee mind jacks Chronoceros and keeps him as a pet, taking him along for the next round...
Or just flexes a single mental muscle and pops dozens of blood vessels in Chronocerous's brain, like a toddler with bubble wrap. Either way, our horned friend is without a paddle.

strawman

Post by strawman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:17 pm

:?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Re: proclaims

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:57 pm

StalinSays wrote:
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Or... Sanitee mind jacks Chronoceros and keeps him as a pet, taking him along for the next round...
Or just flexes a single mental muscle and pops dozens of blood vessels in Chronocerous's brain, like a toddler with bubble wrap. Either way, our horned friend is without a paddle.
My thought was that, by taking the enslaved Chronoceros with him into the next round, he would be able to perceive his opponents before the round starts. This would multiply his perceptual advantage. He could then kill Chronoceros with an aneurism or exploit him as a weapon.

I don't know if the rules allow for that sort of thing, though...

Tell you what, though. If Sanitee won and added Chronoceros's ability to see the future to his own powers... Wow. He could project his telekinesis into future to deflect attacks before they are launched. I think that might be getting pretty close to "Ultimate" status.
Advertise in this space!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:12 pm

To keep any fight with Sanitee interesting, I think there needs to be a range limit. For example, have Sanitee be slightly myopic. :-)

Otherwise it's too close to an ultimate power.

My other point, is that Sanitee knows he's smarter than everybody else. So therefore, he is sure to underestimate them.

So on the Sackoon. Nobody seems to be mentioning a tanuki's great tactic: Not being afraid to run away. While tanuki's aren't very intelligent, they are very clever. So while using ranged attacks, Sackoon keeps some great distance between himself the melee.

About the owl clawing into the mech: Um, the mech does have hands, and can swat the owl away. I mean, even with a plasma torch it'd take a few minutes to cut through the armor.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

notes

Post by StalinSays » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:My thought was that, by taking the enslaved Chronoceros with him into the next round, he would be able to perceive his opponents before the round starts.
He'd have to go Old Yeller on his new pet, sadly. To win a round, you must kill all competitors, not effectively disable them.
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Tell you what, though. If Sanitee won and added Chronoceros's ability to see the future to his own powers... Wow. He could project his telekinesis into future to deflect attacks before they are launched. I think that might be getting pretty close to "Ultimate" status.
Yeah, we'd be getting in to comic book land with that, where a guy gets so powerful, its almost stupid (reality altering powers and what not, see the Marvel cosmos, X-Man, the Spectre, Franklin Richards, Super Boy Prime, etc.). A victorious Sanitee would absorb the slipstream and foresight on a certain level, this is certain. My plan to offset this god like strength was in absorbed weaknesses. An ultra-Sanitee was (is?) going to absorb the minds of his felled components, lapsing in to schizophrenia / dissacociative personality disorder (commonly called multiple personality disorder), as well as a little bit of the ole' alcoholism (thanks Sackoon).
tbaker2500 wrote:For example, have Sanitee be slightly myopic.
He does have those tiny little eyes after all.
tbaker2500 wrote:Sanitee knows he's smarter than everybody else. So therefore, he is sure to underestimate them.
He is a "megalomaniac" - ego is an Achilles's heel to be sure.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:22 am

bearclaws wrote:Man, everytime I red one of these posts I change my mind about this round. I started with Night Owl and have been behind all of them so far. I'm somewhere between Chronocerous and Sakoon now.
I hope some of you bitches will call in and leave rants, I'm pretty impressed with the logic goin on here.
Well this bitch just called in. Sackoon all the way!!

delfedd

Post by delfedd » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:52 am

Whoa.... how'd sackoon pull into first!