Page 6 of 8

ain't nobody

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 am
by StalinSays
Round ends all official like at 11:59.99 PM Sunday. Unless you want to call it now, and in that circumstance getting to know the Southern hemisphere shall prove an exciting and enlightening adventure - Pandemic rules the school!

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:22 pm
by strawman
The sun'll come out... tomorrow

Will someone PLEASE turn off that dreadful Andrea McCartle song in my head?!!!

Guess this proves purgatory exists. Every day you wake up, and it's 24 more damn hours in Canada. Adam, didn't you get the word? The dems are all going to Canada if McCain wins. R’s are going to Costa Rica if Obama wins. If Obama wins and you go to Canada, you'll be the only one there, you, and Celine Dion, and Alex Trebek, plus the Japanese soldier living there in a cave because he didn't hear the war was over. (He moved to Ottawa in '41, instead of Okinawa, slight mix-up, very similar to the one you're contemplating. Travelocity Beta ’41 was buggy.)

Anyway, trust me, your $700 life savings will last a lot longer in Costa Rica. Even hurricanes are smart enough to stay away from Canada.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:24 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
Ah, I see why I was confused. The site says it ends Sunday, September 6. Sunday is today, but September 6 was yesterday.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:25 pm
by strawman
Which means that it ends next year, right?

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:48 pm
by normsherman
For God's sake people- not Pandemic. All you Scraptor fans should just jump ship to the dillo before it's too late.
Video podcast is up by the way

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:01 pm
by tbaker2500
normsherman wrote:Video podcast is up by the way
Sweet! Where?

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm
by normsherman
on the podcast feed- should show up in your itunes if your subscribed or you can watch from the website

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:48 pm
by tbaker2500
normsherman wrote:on the podcast feed- should show up in your itunes if your subscribed or you can watch from the website
I don't see it yet, either in the feed or on your site. I'll check back again later.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 pm
by strawman
Norm's pulling a head fake.
While were looking around for the video, he and an army of astromonkeys are voting for Scraptor.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:18 pm
by zZzacha
I have a tendency to only post when I'm very enthusiastic about something. So I may not have to say this, but I just can't help myself.

I love the video podcast!!!! Great great fun to see the Big Guys from the Drabblecast walking around in person, talking and breathing and... well, I never realized there were real people behind the Drabblecast! That would just be too weird for me to grasp. So I think I need some time to let this new strangeness sink in.

As for the Match... I don't believe Sharkitraz is going to win. I started mobilizing the Netherlandz to vote for him, but the strict supervision by Master StalinSays and the warnings cammoblammo gave me about the possibility of sinking Holland in case of over-mobilization, made me sit still. Which is, as you may understand, VERY HARD for someone like me.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:43 pm
by tbaker2500
Aha!! It's under the deathmatch podcast... my bad. I feel silly now.
Time to watch!

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:45 pm
by Mr. Tweedy
The ugliness of politics.

As I said before, I was point for either Scraptor or Armourdillo, whoever was behind, but now the threat of Pandemic has me voting Scraptor every time. Instead of voting my principles, I'm voting for a less evil, loathe to let Pandemic win.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:16 pm
by tbaker2500
zZzacha wrote:I love the video podcast!!!! Great great fun to see the Big Guys from the Drabblecast walking around in person, talking and breathing and... well, I never realized there were real people behind the Drabblecast!
Real people behind the drabblecast? Where do you get that? :wink:

Cool video, guys. I bet you that zZacha just put the picture of Norm sleeping as her desktop wallpaper. :-)

Luke doesn't look at all like I expected, but Kendall did.

The best part of the video was at the end, everybody standing in line, and the look of absolute discomfort on the people surrounding the DC crew. Man, if those people could've moved a couple of spots back, they would've. :-)

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:17 pm
by tbaker2500
Mr. Tweedy wrote:The ugliness of politics.

As I said before, I was point for either Scraptor or Armourdillo, whoever was behind, but now the threat of Pandemic has me voting Scraptor every time. Instead of voting my principles, I'm voting for a less evil, loathe to let Pandemic win.
Yup.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 pm
by strawman
Awright, listen up, people.
Norm gets 50,000 potential voters at Dragoncon, and his pitch goes something like this: "If an armadillo fought a velociraptor to the death, who would win?" Or a landshark fought an armadillo? And every 12th person he'd say something about a Pandablight, whatever the hell that is. It's like freakin watching Fox News or MSNBC. (Now I know what Ron Paul must feel like.)

You coulda made great posters from Bo's illustrations. But then again, I guess you also coulda gotten better than a stairwell to sleep in.

As I recall my misspent youth, it very much recalls to my mind the audio here. About 12 years of it. Which is why my end of the conversation these days is mostly, "What's that? Wuhdya say?"

Still, when you ask, "Between these two, which of the four do you vote for?" you deserve to be sent back to the stairwell.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:38 pm
by adam
i love how norms hat wearing, scruffy unshavenness makes it so remanicent of a michael moore documentary. except i'd actually take michael moore MORE seriously if he were asking questions about hypothetical combat between mega-beasts.

yuh

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 pm
by StalinSays
Mr. Tweedy wrote:Ah, I see why I was confused. The site says it ends Sunday, September 6. Sunday is today, but September 6 was yesterday.
Man my ability to look at a calendar and read what it says just sucks. Sorry for the confusion, it was all so clear in my mind. For what it's worth, I fixed it just now.

Mmmmm... compromise those ideals - it's what Pandemic is all about. He knows that when the chips are down, these uh... civilized animals, they'll eat each other. You see, he's not a monster. He's just ahead of the curve.

----

Pandemic is beating his bloated belly like a despicable war drum - he once again snatches the lead. Scraptor is far closer than he appears in the rear view mirror, and Armourdillo is far from out of it.

Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:16 pm
by jonathancg
I have a confession -- I hate Pandemic. And what's up with the last-second rush against Armourdillo? I call it death throes, personally.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:55 am
by tbaker2500
strawman wrote:Awright, listen up, people.
Norm gets 50,000 potential voters at Dragoncon, and his pitch goes something like this: "If an armadillo fought a velociraptor to the death, who would win?" Or a landshark fought an armadillo? And every 12th person he'd say something about a Pandablight, whatever the hell that is. It's like freakin watching Fox News or MSNBC. (Now I know what Ron Paul must feel like.)

You coulda made great posters from Bo's illustrations. But then again, I guess you also coulda gotten better than a stairwell to sleep in.

As I recall my misspent youth, it very much recalls to my mind the audio here. About 12 years of it. Which is why my end of the conversation these days is mostly, "What's that? Wuhdya say?"

Still, when you ask, "Between these two, which of the four do you vote for?" you deserve to be sent back to the stairwell.
Hah ha ha ha!! That's very funny, and very true. Faux News meets Mega-Beasts.

Norm

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 am
by StalinSays
Norm is the Bill O'Reilly of the beast world, except less drunk.

I'm adding votes from the video podcast to official tally. In case someone can hear the audio a bit better, and wants to correct my count, it will be:

Celebrities:

3 Scraptor
1 Armourdillo (bless you Zorak)

Random Con Folks:

4 Armourdillo
3 Scraptor
2 Sharkitraz
0 Pandemic (none shall be spared!)