Hellaphant vs. Squid Vicious vs. Lucifoul vs. Evisceraptor

StalinSays
Beast-Master

mid round

Post by StalinSays » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 am

Halfway home folks, checking in with the current numbers. These are totals as of Midnight on the West coast, and do not count the all-important phone vote.

Unadjusted Site Total:

(1) Lucifoul

(2) Hellaphant

(3) Evisceraptor

(4) Squid Vicious

Adjusted Total:

(1) Lucifoul
160*
*4 forum votes

(2) Squid Vicious
132*
*3 forum votes

(3) Hellaphant
121*
*2 forum votes

(4) Evisceraptor
118*
*2 forum votes

ruddog

Post by ruddog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:42 am

Seriously people? A psychic owl? What good is a psychic third eye when all three are glazed over like a deer in headlights 'cause a flying elephant with a chainsaw on his nose is coming after you? Lucifoul is going down harder than an Alakazam tackled by Gyarados.

And what is up with Hellaphant's only real competition, Evisceraptor, being in last place? Are you all retarded?

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:44 am

Ouch.
This is starting to feel like the last time the owl came up. Nobody could explain to me the appeal, yet he walked away with the win. I beginning to think Bo's voting block is hard to compete with.

Speaking of which, I was trying to cheat "legitimately" by having co-workers vote, and the voting will only allow one computer at work to vote per day. They're all Mac's running safari. Is this intentional, cause I don't see how that's worse than having tons of browsers on one system, which does work.

If it did work, we'd have another 5 votes a day.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

AynSavoy

My vote

Post by AynSavoy » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:43 am

LUCIFOUL

Despite what some may say about the last night Night Owl was in the ring, one thing that I felt was pretty fairly agreed upon during that round was that psychic powers made for formidable opponents. Yes, the tanuki mech had its strengths, and it's too bad more of them aren't present in Lucifoul, but considering how hot the debate was during that round, I gotta figure that an amalgamation of that round's participants is going to be badass.

[vote switched to Squid Vicious, ignore this post]
"she says 'I like long walks and sci-fi movies'"
http://amillionwordstogo.blogspot.com

ruddog

Post by ruddog » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:35 pm

Speaking of which, I was trying to cheat "legitimately" by having co-workers vote, and the voting will only allow one computer at work to vote per day. They're all Mac's running safari. Is this intentional, cause I don't see how that's worse than having tons of browsers on one system, which does work.
You get one vote per browser version per IP address. So if you all have the exact same browser version and are all behind the same IP address, then it will only give you one vote. Have your coworkers vote from home and you should be all set.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm

Or have them all download 3 more browsers. :-)
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: My vote

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:31 pm

AynSavoy wrote: Despite what some may say about the last night Night Owl was in the ring, one thing that I felt was pretty fairly agreed upon during that round was that psychic powers made for formidable opponents. Yes, the tanuki mech had its strengths, and it's too bad more of them aren't present in Lucifoul, but considering how hot the debate was during that round, I gotta figure that an amalgamation of that round's participants is going to be badass.
I'd argue the the amalgamation (spell that 10 times fast) of the most widely disparate opponents is Lucifoul's greatest weakness, not his strength.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

stuffs

Post by StalinSays » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:01 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:I'm beginning to think Bo's voting block is hard to compete with.
As it turns out, after setting the Lucifoul machine in motion and propagandized it with zealous fervor at the dawn of the round, I haven't given it many of my site votes. Ghost bird fever has caught on with such ferocity I really haven't needed to. The last time I cast one for the witching owl was Tuesday the 16th. I've been bolstering the competition since then, sprinkling democracy candies on Hellaphant and Squid Vicious in alternating fashion.
AynSavoy wrote:Despite what some may say about the last night Night Owl was in the ring, one thing that I felt was pretty fairly agreed upon during that round was that psychic powers made for formidable opponents. Yes, the tanuki mech had its strengths, and it's too bad more of them aren't present in Lucifoul..
I was considering fleshy vestigial tanukis within the Lucifoul bulk, but figured the psychic confounding entities concept was more elegant. I think with the art I could have done a better 'roboting' him up, to show the hybridized mech piece, but I was busy drawing all those feathers. If it aids the thought process in any way, I'd say he's about 30% steely cyborg. Not really enough to be a showstopper: didn't want him encroaching on Evisceraptor's 'bit'
ruddog wrote:And what is up with Hellaphant's only real competition, Evisceraptor, being in last place? Are you all retarded?
Ruddy, you have all that is needed to steal this whole competition away. Get five people on the phone voting for Hellaphant and that's a cool 150 votes to the adjusted total. Short of Norm spilling the details on the forums, we all have no way of knowing that number, and counter-voting. It's a real cloak and dagger 'thief in the night' kinda bastard tactic, I'm surprised someone hasn't tried it yet.

---

Oh hey everybody, as of last night we got another beast podcast in the can. Not sure if the editors are saving the chunks for the results podcast or if its coming in the first half of the week. However it plays out, some actual in depth round breakdowns took place, in between halibut cooking and dad jokes.

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:32 pm

What a disappointment that Squid Viscous was a typo. He lost my vote for being wishy washy.
As for Lucy, someone please to tell me how you can lose if you can see into the future?
Evisceraptor going to ambush you in the swamp at 3? Arrange for Hellaphant to be in the swamp at 3.
Ruddog just thinks we're retarded because that's what Lucy wants him to think. She will deal with him as soon as she finishes playing with the economy.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

My Vote

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:54 am

Epiphany! I now know why Evisceraptor will lose! He's way too normal.
So I am jumping ship. Who could vote for such a normal beast? This is the drabblecast here people!

So whilst I really doubt I can take back my forum vote, I want to emphasize that
Hellaphant
Now gets my vote.

I've always liked Hellaphant. I was just taken in by the younger face of Evisceraptor. But after first blush, I now see that I really loved Hellaphant all along.

Now, let's all go take down that sparrow Lucifoul.

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:34 am

tbaker2500 wrote: I've always liked Hellaphant. I was just taken in by the younger face of Evisceraptor. But after first blush, I now see that I really loved Hellaphant all along.

Now, let's all go take down that sparrow Lucifoul.[/b]
Seems to me Lucifoul's already taken you in. He doesn't need you to vote for him. He just needs to sow mistrust and confusion amongst his enemies. Share those votes around all you like: there can only be one winner.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:44 am

After a long time deliberation I can finally cast my vote. My vote has been influenced by
(a) The awesome videos! Boy, do they put votes into perspective. The beasts are a feast to my eyes. I lovelovelove the tiny wings of Hellaphant and was very impressed by the extra crazy laugh of Evisceraptor.
(b) tbaker2500 for scoring dubbly extra humor points and thus making me lol. I love to lol, hence I love people who make me lol
(c) The weather. Grmbl, I hate rain, so that's a point off for Evisceraptor, sorry man.

Not enough reason? Well, hey! I'm a woman, I am very much allowed to let my voting be influenced by the reasons mentioned above. Especially This Time Of The Month! Anyone who does not accept, will die.

Still love you all, you know that, don't you? Lovelovelove :]

So listen very carefully, I will scream this only once.

HELLAPHANT
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:24 pm

Yeooow. Hellaphant is nothing more than a dumb beast, but he does have some real momentum once he gets going, like any elephant with a chainsaw for a trunk. I believe he just scooted into first, or at the very least a very close fight with Lucifoul, aka our dark lord of secrets, our harvester of fear, our dark magnate incarnate.

I am now announcing the official cult of Lucifoul. If you wish to join, smear some blood on the monitor. It's not easy, but being spared from the shadow master's inevitable wrath upon his victory is vital.

I hear you, midnight watcher. I hear, and I obey.
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

StalinSays
Beast-Master

notes

Post by StalinSays » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Sea changes... this is fast becoming a two beast race. I can't help but see an elephant as an emissary of the GOP. A sudden surge of votes for the beleaguered conservative veteran to top the favored, charismatic young challenger? Not on my watch.

Tbaker, what are you going to say to Evisceraptor now that you've switched allegiances? You've changed the landscape in a provocative way, but at the same time angered a multi-ton limb shredding doom machine. My suggestion: "clever girl."

Hope everyone likes the podcast. We went a bit blue with this one. Errr... bluer.

I hear there is a new cult in town.

::: Smears monitor with blood, touches a hand with outstretched fingers to face in ceremonial show of loyalty. Five fingers to serve five unblinking eyes :::

Mr. Tweedy

Re: notes

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 pm

StalinSays wrote:Hope everyone likes the podcast. We went a bit blue with this one. Errr... bluer.
I give it my thumbs down. It's been getting more lewd with each installment, but this most recent one was way over the top (under the bottom?), especially the later jokes inspired by the word of the day. Actually–aside from my personal distaste–I'd tend to think it's bad business to release a podcast like that in association with The Drabblecast brand. That's why Disney bought Mirimax, if you get my drift.

At any rate, the whole Mega-Beast thing seems less fun to me now that's its associated with... um... ubiquity.

---------------

Fun trick: If, like me, you don't want to join the Cult of the Owl yourself, you can always smear someone else's blood on the monitor. It's more fun than itch powder!
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I give it my thumbs down. It's been getting more lewd with each installment, but this most recent one was way over the top (under the bottom?), especially the later jokes inspired by the word of the day.
Mr. Tweedy wrote:That's why Disney bought Mirimax, if you get my drift.
Hmm. Yeah, we do have the big old red EXPLICIT in the iTunes. I guess there is no shielding those with RSS. Don't know, the candor is raunchy, the slope has been downward and slippery (the alcohols, they do ruin us for classiness). We did keep it a separate feed for a reason (though you are right that the drabble name is involved). At least there wasn't a freestyle...

For those with the fear of god put in to them by this discussion, I'd say the podcast is best heard as from minute 1 to minute 20, pause and skip, finish out minute 36 on with listener feedback.

Since the final podcast is a time-sensitive and a must listen for those desiring adjusted results, and knowledge of 'style' points, I'll see if we can keep it a touch more... appropriate for consumption.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:44 pm

StalinSays wrote:Sea changes... this is fast becoming a two beast race. I can't help but see an elephant as an emissary of the GOP. A sudden surge of votes for the beleaguered conservative veteran to top the favored, charismatic young challenger? Not on my watch.
I you feel the need to justify your Lucifoul brainwashing with claims the Hellaphant represents the GOP, go ahead. Just remember, I have pictoral evidence that you have been mixed up in Hellaphants creation for some time. You wouldn't want the evidence to suddenly appear on a website, do you? Hmm?
Tbaker, what are you going to say to Evisceraptor now that you've switched allegiances? You've changed the landscape in a provocative way, but at the same time angered a multi-ton limb shredding doom machine. My suggestion: "clever girl."
Well, that's exactly what changed my mind. After listening to the podcast, Evisceraptor seemed to get angry at the lack of support for him, and last I saw he was heading towards Baltimore.

Now I am free to voice my real opinion, not the clearly forced testimony you heard earlier.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:52 pm

StalinSays wrote: Hope everyone likes the podcast. We went a bit blue with this one. Errr... bluer.
Pshaw, this was no bluer that the first one! :-)
Yea it's rowdy, but it's kinda how this stuff was thought up in the first place. It was kinda funny how Norm gave up bleeping out the bad words about halfway through.

I think that if a lot more people called in, he wouldn't have to bulls**t so much of the material.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

results

Post by StalinSays » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:21 pm

Well, we now know some phone results via the podcast, and a few more forum all-stars have come forward with their picks. Here are the adjusted totals as of September 24th, 1:15 pm west coast.

Adjusted Total:

(1) Hellaphant
258*
*4 forum votes, 2 phone votes

(2) Lucifoul
217*
*5 forum votes, 0 phone votes

(3) Squid Vicious
208*
*2 forum votes, 2 forum votes

(4) Evisceraptor
167*
*1 forum vote, 1 phone vote

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

StalinSays wrote:Hope everyone likes the podcast. We went a bit blue with this one. Errr... bluer.
Great podcast! Thumbs up from me, it gave me a great bundle of laughters and lolling. You guys absolutely know how to make a funfunfun podcast with some very clever jokes, too!
Do I really have to wait til next year's Mega Death Match to hear another one of those? I suggest you do this more often. Make me lol.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.