41%
Terrorpin
24%

Total votes: 17

normsherman
Site Admin

MB3 - R2 - Beelzebounce vs Lionic vs Terrorpin

Post by normsherman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:18 pm

The first 'normal' round began today. 3 beasts enter, 1 leaves. The top vote-getter on mega-beasts.com after Sunday October 25th (Midnight, Pacific) will become a semi-finalist 'meta-beast,' mutating to gain the powers of his felled rivals (yup, just like last year).

Talk amongst yourselves.
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: MB3 - R2 - Beelzebounce vs Lionic vs Terrorpin

Post by StalinSays » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 pm

Oh, yeh, as a side note, I'm going to be debuting some new (more awesomer) full color art for each round's semi-finalists (the 9 who made the Skirmish cut, the others, they're dead). Look for 'Bounce/Lionic/Terrorpin on the site within the work week (soonish).
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Can someone fill me in on Lionic's nuclear breath blast? I want to know if it has the firepower, otherwise I am a Terrorpin supporter balancing endurance and a rocket powered attack.

I think that beelzebounce will have to pull something special out of its pouch to make an impact in this bout - it may have stood a chance against yipping dog.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:45 pm

Pheno, just don't question Lionic. His breath will melt your frakkin face, and if it doesn't you'll die from a very painful cancer. Vote for him early and often.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Yah, Lionic has some sort of fission powered flamethrower breath right? Godzilla-esque, as it says on megabeasts.com.
I really want to back up Terrorpin in this round, but Lionic's art is so terrifying and awesome it's hard not be swayed.
"He Who Boxes Angels" is definitely the ??? wild card here.
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Lionic - 149
Beelzebounce - 140
Terrorpin - 136

He's starting to pull away...
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

HPHovercraft

Post by HPHovercraft » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:19 pm

Steaming jets of water vs. nuclear fire breath.

It's terrorpin for me; even if he DOES get cancer. Maybe the tumours will grow into extra (nuclear) rocket launchers/engines. He could end up doing a sort of Last Starfighter-esque nuclear rocket Death Blossom.

Mmmmmmm... nuclear rocket Death Blossom.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:28 am

Hee hee... Beelzebounce it 6'6" and weight 666 lbs. Nice touch. That said, I don't think Beelzebounce has enough offense to really hurt the other two. I see an epic battle between Gamara and.. oh sorry, I mean Terrorpin and Lionic. But at the end of the day, I see Lionic cooking Torrorpin alive in his own shell as he tries to hide.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:57 am

Terrorpin all the way.
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

onehoopyfrood

Post by onehoopyfrood » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:02 am

Terrorpin is definitely my favorite, he's got tons of style. However, I'm concerned that the fire-based attacks of the other two will steam him inside his shell in no time at all.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 pm

It looks as though the satanist are voting in force, Beelzebounce has hoped into the lead. He clearly has a large demonic fanbase.

And just as I was switching allegence from Terrorpin to Lionic. I had been concerned about Lionic's weak defences, but nuclear breath blast sounds like it will fry anything in range. The demonic antipodean fleabag will roast in hell.

BTW, welcome to the forums onehoopyfrood. You sound like a really amazingly together guy, however I predict that terrorpin will be mock turtle soup.

BTW, BTW, I just found this delicious recipie for mock turtle soup...

"Take a large calf's head. Scald off the hair. Boil it until the horn is tender, then cut it into slices about the size of your finger, with as little lean as possible. Have ready three pints of good mutton or veal broth, put in it half a pint of Madeira wine, half a teaspoonful of thyme, pepper, a large onion, and the peel of a lemon chop't very small. A ¼ of a pint of oysters chop't very small, and their liquor; a little salt, the juice of two large onions, some sweet herbs, and the brains chop't. Stand all these together for about an hour, and send it up to the table with the forcemeat balls made small and the yolks of hard eggs."

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:13 pm

As a member of the order of the Beelzebounce (a splinter faction of the cult of Lucifoul) I have to rep for my boy.

One, portal to hell in his pouch. Can you imagine the unearthly cries? The piteous wailing of the damned? It has to do something to the resolve of these beasts. Lionic must realize that St. Peter has already written him off. Who is to say that some hideous fiend isn't beckoning 'Bounce's competitors to the pit by name. Or is it that Grandma? What, she never forgave me for misplacing her medicine? Takes you out of the zone real quick.

Second, fly swarm. How does Terrorpin aim with teaming beasties cluttering his vision? Putting gross little mouth parts down and sucking up ocular fluid?

Third, the potent combo of high mobility and range attacks. He's hopping all over, hurling hellfire. Sticking, moving, sticking, moving. A Lionic death bite to the neck, or a Terrorpin steam belch and decapitating flipper swipe 1-2 is all it'd take, but that requires close combat, and why would Beelzebounce ever allow that?

onehoopyfrood

Post by onehoopyfrood » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

I've gotta say, all good points, but I have to take issue with this one:
StalinSays wrote:A Lionic death bite to the neck, or a Terrorpin steam belch and decapitating flipper swipe 1-2 is all it'd take, but that requires close combat, and why would Beelzebounce ever allow that?
According to the stats, Lionic is MORE agile than Beelzebounce, and nuclear breath and fireballs apparently have equal range... Beelzebounce's ability to jump around might make it complicated for Lionic to keep up, but given the greater agility, I think Lionic really has a chance in this one...

PS: Thanks, Phenopath, I'm always glad to meet more people who know where their towels are!

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:12 am

As a standing member of the Cult of Lucifoul -- may his dark wisdom ever probe the depths of our corrupted souls -- I can tell you that Balfolack didn't choose his host without the kind of careful consideration an eon in the pit could have produced. He'll know how to use the 'roo to do the dew, foo'.

Even so, I don't see flies doing a lot to a rocket-powered giant turtle. I envision so many smears on a space shuttle's windshield as it hurls skyward. Terrorpin can easily corner him or simply fly back and forth until he nails him. And he has keratin eyelids like all turtles, so I don't see the ocular fluid going bye bye.

That leaves Lionic, and here's where I'm going back and forth. I was all Terrorpin going into this fight, but the steamed half-shell argument is an excellent point. I don't know where the boiling point of turtle is, but I'd wager nuclear breath can hit it.

One must also consider the draw scenario: Lionic blasts Terrorpin as the turtle comes inbound at Mach 2 to him -- and is then promptly killed by what is now a dead, but no less deadly shell. In which case, is Beelzebounce plays it smart, he might actually have a chance.

Now see what you jerks did? I'm not sure anymore.
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:13 am

Man, I've been so preoccupied with "real" stuff (so called) that I haven't been able to give this anything like proper and due analysis... Beelzebounce, because he's the most absurd.

Sorry, guys, that's all I've got. :(
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:27 am

OK, so I'm eager to get this drunken debate goin on Thursday (when we will record!) because CMON BEELZEBOUNCE? I'd maybe concede to Lionic, but no way in hell, no pun intended, would that kangaroo win. I haven't seen or heard any debate points to change my mind yet....but somehow he's #1 right now??
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:28 pm

normsherman wrote:CMON BEELZEBOUNCE? I'd maybe concede to Lionic, but no way in hell, no pun intended, would that kangaroo win.
We are legion. :twisted:

Some way in hell Norm. He found some way, in hell. Balfolack, the inhabitant of this Aussie vessel, he's had an eternity to strategize. Yes, he loses some clarity in a supplanted Kangaroo brain, but that wouldn't hinder a plan as old as time. (PS: Intelligence 5, compared to a 2 for Lionic)

Maybe he grabs Terrorpin, shoves his head in to the pouch. And Terrorpin sees... my God he seees. It's like staring in to the Dead Lights (from IT), your hair goes white, and you're a shadow of your former stats.

Man, all this material. I shoulda' inflated the crap out of Beelzebounce's Intangibles rating.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 pm

Stalin, I think that your argument is stretched thinner than than the thin skin of a rather touchy internet troll bait. Having a portal to hell in his pouch does not give beelzebounce any sort of advantage. Personally, I have an angel by my side and a devil on my back, but that does not mean that I would last 5 seconds in a MBDM3 bout.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 am

StalinSays wrote:Maybe he grabs Terrorpin, shoves his head in to the pouch. And Terrorpin sees... my God he seees. It's like staring in to the Dead Lights (from IT), your hair goes white, and you're a shadow of your former stats.
Yea right. Terrorpin would slice him up if he tried to grab him. Lionic would shred him.
The only way I see a portal to Hell doing any good, is if something comes out of it, or it sucks you in. Yea a fireball comes out of it, but that's not really Hell as per se.

You're making me haul out some extra browsers. Beelzebounce is no successor to Hellaphaunt.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 pm

I really like Tom's tag line, the way it becomes an extension of all his posts.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"