41%
Terrorpin
24%

Total votes: 17

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: MB3 - R2 - Beelzebounce vs Lionic vs Terrorpin

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:16 pm

Ok, so what I'm getting here is that cheating is not only allowed but encouraged?

Cooool.

What about multiple PC's, does that get around the polling security?

SDL
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Yah, we don't really see it as cheating. If you bust your balls with browsers/multiple PC's sure you should be able to make a bigger impact than a casual here and there voter. I dunno about this firefox browser imitator thing Tom's talkin about though, that sounds shady.

Also, Round 2 podcast is up!
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:10 pm

So at some point I need to write a detailed treatise on Mega-Beast voting. But I have a Halloween party to prep for. Suffice to say my opinion has galling fuzzy borders and it'd be difficult to elaborate without a page or more of text. I'm not sure anyone cares THAT much. Let me assuage any fears - the competition voting is more fair than not, and we have a means of tracking blatant attempts at rigging it (insert ACORN joke of some sort, Tweedy smiles, Bo continues). This is why there's a slight delay from end of polls to declaration of winner - we rejigger the final tally in case we run in to some forty vote block all from Allegheny.

We have experimented with a more anal automated poll sniffing mechanism, but I didn't like how it handled. Tom identifies some of the pratfalls, and personally I don't mind sacrificing some control (read the browser loophole) for a more loose and inviting set-up. I don't like people seeing that Uh-Oh screen. Also, I like multi-browser voting, not because I work for Browser'co, but because it encourages a fevered level of participation that would otherwise not exist. Yes, we do have the Zzacha type who have a more human-centric means of vote rigging, and definitely those methods are preferable to me squirreling away 7 browsers on two PC's, but I see no mutual exclusivity. People will find genuine means of spreading the word simultaneously to those of us who have the word burning in our souls obsessing ourselves in to an early grave.

Anyway, bottom line - it's an honors system. I have never voted in such a way that a losing candidate has overtaken a people's champion. I enjoy muddying the waters, but never fixing results. The fact that Thugg and Splatterpus never saw extra rounds should speak to that. I don't vote on final weekends, consider this Bo taint free. Unlike Kendall's dad.

'Bounce 4 Life
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:51 am

For what it's worth, if you run a Mac with Parallels installed, you can vote one all the Mac versions of the browsers, then boot into Parallels and vote on all the PC versions of the browsers.

I prefer to vote just once a day on my main browser, but when I saw Bo was pushing his 12 votes a day towards Beelzebounce, I had to do something about it. Now that I see he's quit for the weekend, I'll stop installing browsers. It was getting QUITE ridiculous. :-)

Hey Bo, how about this as a practical limit. I understand why you are doing it the way you are. Why don't you add a limiter to something like:
1 vote per browser+IP / day
3 votes per IP per day max

Truly do you think we are getting more than 3 voters per IP/day? And this would put a practical cap on how you and I cheat, reducing any one person's influence to no more than 3 times a casual voter?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

gord42

Post by gord42 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:42 am

Jumpin' Jehosaphat! I didn't know I could vote more than ONCE! Now I've discovered I can vote once a DAY!
You know, I guess it just never occurred to me to take the Drabblecast's Super-Sonic-Animal-Mega-Killer- Death-Beast-Competition seriously enough to...y'know, read the rules or anything.

I'm going back to vote. And yes, I'm going to do it in both Safari and Firefox.

Bring the pain.
For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. (Titus 3:3-7)

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:20 am

You need to listen to the megabeast podcast (drabblecast.org), they take it seriously enough to make fun of Luke's dead grandmother. (My condolences.)

loser018

Post by loser018 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:21 am

Ya, This was one of the funnist episodes ever. I can not wait until the next episode.

gord42

Post by gord42 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 am

tbaker2500 wrote:You need to listen to the megabeast podcast (drabblecast.org), they take it seriously enough to make fun of Luke's dead grandmother. (My condolences.)
Done. Luke, sorry to hear about your grandmother. I think. Was that part serious or not? If so, I'm sorry your drunk friends are a**holes.

Well, the podcast gave me a better opinion of Terrorpin, but I'm sticking with Radioactive Aslan.
For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. (Titus 3:3-7)

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:13 am

Tom, I think we can work that fix out, makes sense. I'll see if we can put it in place for round 3, at least most of it.

I'm gonna say the Grandma thing had a bit of Andy Kaufman to it. Could be wrong.

Oh yeh, Norm will fire up a new topic for the new round once I get the vote up. Tomorrow.

Thanks all for participatiin'
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Anybody out there got a good pun for a radioactive lion with a shell form hell?
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:23 pm

normsherman wrote:Anybody out there got a good pun for a radioactive lion with a shell from hell?
Hmmmm...

The King?
Mach-Turtle?
Something with Chimera, Griffon, or the Nemean Lion?

I'm running on pun empty.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Teenage Mutant Ninja Murder Cat from Hell ?!?
Phenopath's Story Archive

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:14 am

Hey! Who won??

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:30 am

LIONIC!!!!!

hmph.

Well played Tom. Well played.
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok. So a cap should newly be in place. In one sitting at one PC you shouldn't be able to register more than 4 votes. Feel free one and all to test this new limit. If you can still game it, let me know how, and I'll see if we can't get it smarter still.

drabblebabbler

Post by drabblebabbler » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:41 pm

p.s. ostriches actually do not bury their heads in the sand...
other than that, I LOVED the commentary on Mega Beast3- r2 <3

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 am

drabblebabbler wrote:p.s. ostriches actually do not bury their heads in the sand...
other than that, I LOVED the commentary on Mega Beast3- r2 <3
What up, girl?
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:07 pm

normsherman wrote:Anybody out there got a good pun for a radioactive lion with a shell form hell?
"Gamera" could get you the radioactive shell part
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"