Velasquez
46%
Unicorpse
15%

Total votes: 13

Mr. Tweedy

Re: MB3 - R3 - Gargantula vs Velasquez vs Unicorpse

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Of course we can't expect the communist tyrant to know about firearms himself: He delegates.
Advertise in this space!

suxshadows

Post by suxshadows » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Actually, I think it's safe to say the our flightless mercenary is holding a custom weapon. You can see distinct elements of an M-16 in it (sites, scope mount), with equal amounts of AK (banana clip, oversized bolt), but also a bit of combat shotgun in the foregrip and lack of any stock. Obviously, the most deadly penguin has taken the best each weapon has to offer and combined them into one gun to rule them all, with the accuracy of the M-16, the rugged durability of the AK and the brutal punch of the shotty.

It only makes sense that a mutant beast would use a mutant weapon, now that you mention it...

I'm still firmly in Gargantua's corner though.
easy now, fuzzy little man-peach...

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am

Okay -- so let me ask a particular -- exactly how long does it take Uni to reform? If it's a decent time, then the Penguin will just set napalm and toss the horn into it until it disintegrates.

One thing to think about: I see Gargantula taking out Velasquez and getting badly wounded, but then netting Unicorpse to the point it can't move and simply walking away, winning by default.

All this brings up the whole Paendemic factor from last year: Do you have to be totally killed to lose? Or is incapacitated enough?
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Apt questions as always.

Unicorpse's renewal isn't immediate, this is not T-1000 kind of stuff. Basically you blow it to bits, walk away, and it snakes back together in, oh half an hour or so. It isn't daunting, the impression that damage is being done is there, but the Unicorpse has a "cat came back" quality that gets under your skin and robs you of your will over time.

There is no winning by default my man - incapacitated is not dead. Dead is dead. Even for the undead / tainted. So Velasquez either blow torches the horn down to powder then snorts it, or Gargantula eats Unicorpses head and the enzymes reduce it to nutrition paste. Otherwise Unicorpse is victor, spearing them through the back of the skull during the victory celebration.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

loser018

Post by loser018 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:14 am

Question: Unicorpse can reanimate because of his horn. But when he reanimates he comes out incomplete. So if how long can he reanimate before he is just a torso and a horn. So an ongoing attack from Gargantula and Velasquez should render him to nothing.

deflective

Post by deflective » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:50 am

dr. McNinja's latest issue introduces Sparklelord.
i never miss a chance to mention dr. McNinja.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:17 pm

I don't see how a horse could realistically scale a rock structure like that. airlifted I guess.
"Give us all some Jelly"

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:40 pm

deflective wrote:dr. McNinja's latest issue introduces Sparklelord.
Oooo!!! I like Sparklelord! Awesome name too, though it does taste a bit goofy, which makes it extra awesome to me.

And yes, I can taste names. So what?!
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:43 pm

loser018 wrote:Question: Unicorpse can reanimate because of his horn. But when he reanimates he comes out incomplete. So if how long can he reanimate before he is just a torso and a horn. So an ongoing attack from Gargantula and Velasquez should render him to nothing.
I think Unicorpse reanimates as incomplete as before. He started out incomplete and he will reanimate to that stage each time. At least, that's what I thought.
If I'm wrong, then yeah, I don't understand why I keep voting for the corpse...

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Yeh, I never thought about the 'fully reforming question.' I want to say he'd never reach the point of majestic stallion, but sensibly he would. Unicorpse is loathsome and vile, and should appear as such. Let's say this - he will fully reconstitute to a trapper-keeper worthy symbol of idyllic equine beauty given 4 hours. His skeleton and organs reemerge first (the 30 minute point), followed by his exterior, which fills in along a sloping curve, aka the surface takes the longest. For a beast on the go that's far too long. As soon as Unicorpse has eyeballs and knees, he makes a run for it.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:26 pm

If Unicorpse was cursed after his corpse has already reached a given state of decay, then it only makes sense that he would regenerated to that state only.

Whatever dark wizard created Unicorpse would surely have killed the majestic animal first. The damage we see is what was inflicted on him in his final battle. He was then reanimated with dark magic, meaning that his "whole" state would therefore have chunks missing.
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Whatever dark wizard created Unicorpse would surely have killed the majestic animal first. The damage we see is what was inflicted on him in his final battle. He was then reanimated with dark magic, meaning that his "whole" state would therefore have chunks missing.
I like that better - go with that.

loser018

Post by loser018 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Thanks guy. I really need to know.

deflective

Post by deflective » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 am

normsherman wrote:I don't see how a horse could realistically scale a rock structure like that. airlifted I guess.
the monster manual says unicorns are able to teleport.

what? what?! pshhh, all y'all are just jealous of my d&d knowledge.
don't make me get my d20.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:19 am

Don't forget to call in and leave a message on the megabeast hotline! 443-552-0807
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Man, teleporting carried Telephant all the way to victory two years running. If only I'd followed the unicorn manual, poor Unicorpse wouldn't be a hundred votes out of the running.

Speaking of 'the running' - Gargantula pulled within ten. Velasquez is running scared. Err... waddling scared.

loser018

Post by loser018 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:31 am

Wait Wait. Although I have no doubt that unicorns can teleport but what about zombe unicorns? Zombe unicorns should probably shoulden't teleport because it would probably use all it's endurance.

Oh and P.S. HOW IN FRACKS NAME IS GARGANTULA. HE'S A BIG SPIDER WITH AVERAGE STATS. VELAQUEZ COULD KICK HIS EQUEVELENT OF NADS.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:39 am

loser018 wrote:Oh and P.S. HOW IN FRACKS NAME IS GARGANTULA. HE'S A BIG SPIDER WITH AVERAGE STATS. VELAQUEZ COULD KICK HIS EQUEVELENT OF NADS.
Word.

Actually, that sentence could use a few more, now that I mention it.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:29 pm

Tom, you keep making me LOL! I just spat my coffee all over my laptop so uhm... thanks.

Speaking of...something completely on topic... how is my friend Unicorpse doing? I still dig. But I guess not many share my opinion. Maybe I should use less words to express myself.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:29 pm

zZzacha, you are having the same problem I had last year. Always picking the wrong beast to back. 'Tis frustrating. So far I've been lucky this year.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.