MB3 - R5 - The Finals

Which Meta-Beast finalist are you voting for?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Hellcat
20%
P.A.I.N.G.U.I.N.
60%
Gatorage
20%

Total votes: 10

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: MB3 - R5 - The Finals

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:12 pm

That is why he is such a weapons expert, to hold off the jealous husbands!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:50 pm

moonowl wrote: Cheating asshole penguins!
Flattery will get you, (and Hellcat) nowhere. :-)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:41 pm

PAINGUIN is not like Woods at all. Did he crash his unicorn into a fire hydrant? Is his wife Danish? Is he a pampered, egotistical mixed-race Hawaiian? No, and he's not like the president either.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 pm

strawman wrote:PAINGUIN is not like Woods at all. Did he crash his unicorn into a fire hydrant? Is his wife Danish? Is he a pampered, egotistical mixed-race Hawaiian? No, and he's not like the president either.
Agreed, what PAINGUIN is, is BADASS. Lookup BADASS in the dictionary. You'll find his picture there.

Watch yer posterier there Strawman, This Frackin Roger Rabbit is 10 posts behind ya... :D

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 pm

Bebeep
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:27 am

strawman wrote:Bebeep
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius... I like the sound of that... Wile E. Coyotay... Suuuuper Geennniusss.

Might finally catch that darn road-runner, this time.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:36 am

strawman wrote:No, and he's not like the president either.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:55 am

strawman wrote:PAINGUIN is not like Woods at all. Did he crash his unicorn into a fire hydrant? Is his wife Danish? Is he a pampered, egotistical mixed-race Hawaiian? No, and he's not like the president either.
You are right. Not like the President at all. More like this, doncha know.

Or maybe he'll shoot his own horsefreakthing pal by accident like this guy:

You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:58 am

moonowl wrote:
You are right. Not like the President at all. More like this, doncha know.

What, you've given up and come over to TEAM PAINGUIN? A picture like this is almost sure to get Tweedy's vote. (If he's not already on the PAINGUIN's side that is. While I'm pretty sure where he stands politically, I haven't seen his declaration of allegiance in this years MBDM..)

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:01 am

GAH... Hellcat has pulled within 4 votes of PAINGUIN. Don't let them win the ballot-stuffing contest. C'mon PAINGUIN Peeps.. REPRESENT!!!

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 am

ROU Killing Time wrote: What, you've given up and come over to TEAM PAINGUIN? A picture like this is almost sure to get Tweedy's vote. (If he's not already on the PAINGUIN's side that is. While I'm pretty sure where he stands politically, I haven't seen his declaration of allegiance in this years MBDM..)
Well if he likes chicks with guns I'm sure I must have some of me shooting skeet someplace....that has to be worth a Hellcat vote.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:13 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:GAH... Hellcat has pulled within 4 votes of PAINGUIN. Don't let them win the ballot-stuffing contest. C'mon PAINGUIN Peeps.. REPRESENT!!!
Just for the record, I'm only voting with the regularly allowed amount of cheating! there must be lots of Hellcat lovers out there! GO HELLCATS!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:24 pm

A very festive Beast-Mas to you all! Make sure to smear some lamb's blood on your door, the sidewalk, the crossroads, and your spouse.

Today is the final day of voting so if you're going to make that final beach storm a reality, you have precious few hours.

PS: We're reversing course - closing bell is midnight EASTERN. I'm not actually going to be around for shut down, so I figured why punish server man Chris by keeping him up until 3.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Since this is my first MBC, so I have some Newb questions.

Why does the podcast come out after all the polls close? Then the slap talk and call ins have no effect on the Undecided voters? I mean by the time you put out that cast we know who wins, right? Making who loves Kendall's Dad the most kinda a pointless exercise.

From what I've seen the winner is kind of anti-climatic. I'm wondering if you ever though of doing a play by play summary of the winner? Like Hellcat deflecting sprays of bullets from PAINGUIN with his shell then giving him radioactive posioning? We all argue how the other beast will win, so how does it actually go down?

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:02 pm

((blame Norm))

I mean, I have no idea, lolz.

Hard to rag on the guy who slaves over a steamy Macintosh all day au gratis. It's just a bear getting all the peeps together and drunk on one conference call. Well, together, not drunk. By the time we record one NS has like a day to post.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:15 pm

The more busy he is, the later it comes out.
My fundraising suggestion would be, the more we donate, the quicker it comes out. :-)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:54 pm

StalinSays wrote: Hard to rag on the guy who slaves over a steamy Macintosh all day au gratis. It's just a bear getting all the peeps together and drunk on one conference call. Well, together, not drunk. By the time we record one NS has like a day to post.
Ah, OK. I wasn't ragging on anyone, if having time to get it put out is just the factor. I thought it was the way MB was supposed to be, since it was 'in the can' a few days ago. I ass-umed that it was ready to go, post production and all, and it was being sat (shat?) upon for after the voting.

Maybe it would be less stressful if the podcast was done first as people had time to get sloshed and recover from the hangover. Then the polls were opened when it was showtime? Just an idear for my dears.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:48 am

ha, yah, sorry. tried my best. Found out that being on vacation/holiday makes it EVEN HARDER to get content out (go figure.) Friends and family are all like "God, get those damn headphones off loser!"

We recorded late Sunday night and I shoved editing that and recording/producing this week's DC in every crevice I had between then and today. Figured the cast doesn't sway too many people anyways. Occasional really good points, but at this point we're all blind and wrapped up in our beast ideologies
"Give us all some Jelly"

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:54 am

No problem, of course. Thanks to you, and Bo and everyone else for making things go.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:59 pm

Yeh, I'm thinking Season 4 we take weeks off in between rounds, do the casts then, prattle on before names are even announced. Also themed alcohol.

Lots of things learnt this time out, we'll come back stronger, summer 10. Barring boating accidents and space cancer.