Drabble Nomination!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Drabble Nomination!

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 am

Edited my top 5. There was one I really felt needed to be on the list.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 am

You bumped Yarn, which is near and dear to my heart.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:27 am

moonowl wrote:You bumped Yarn, which is near and dear to my heart.

I know, and thank you for that. You and Hellcat are now da bomb in my heart.

At first I thought it was a consolation vote for the loss of my avian friend.

Until I saw your work on the MDW Plushie, and I knew that the vote was most sincere. You do really love your yarn.

If it is truly worthy, the electorate will send it to round too.

And it's not just that voting for my own piece was cheezy (which it was) I just really thought that absent-minded professor deserves to go to round two.

but again, thank you for the comment, and the vote.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 am

I feel like the drabble noms are for the true afficionados; I know I've heard every story on the list but lord knows I can't recall their content just by title. Would some truly giving individual with a velcro covered brain provide single line descriptions? AKA: Pest Proportions by Ashley Nerbovig (the one with the tiger-sized rat), etc.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:49 am

Drabblecast 147- Time Machine by Christopher K. Monroe- man builds time machine out of junk despite his wife's nagging.

Drabblecast 146 Homeostasis by Phenopath- an unexpected winter storm halts undead horde, temporarily freezing zombie apocalypse. A man un-sheaths his cricket bat.

Drabblecast 145 Pest Proportions by Ashley Nerbovig- A tiger-sized rat is is living in this girl's walls.

Drabblecast 144- Brush with Greatness by Rish Outfield- a man, taking a break from crack cocaine, has a conversation with James Dean

Drabblecast 141 The Tower by Bryan J. Jacop-- A mysterious warrior ascends a dark tower. And then sits in his cubicle on the top floor for another boring day.

Drabblecast 138- Absent Minded Professor by Peter Recore-- Grandpa may be losing his mind, but he's still saving mankind from hostile alien take-over.

Drabblecast 137- Yarn by Steve Lidster-- A man pulls a loose strand poking from sweater. Pulling it loose eventually unravels the universe.

Drabblecast 136- And Then the Whole Town Gets Their Brains Eaten by Ayn Sauer-- Nobody believe you when you warn them that zombie hordes are on their way. Not even the narrator of this story.

Drabblecast 135-- Eat the Dog by Reverend John Sleestaxx-- Peer pressure at band camp= cultish ritual eating of a dog

Drabblecast 134- Squid Ink by Abbie Hilton-- Tattoo made from squid ink changes dude into a land-squid/human hybrid.

Drabblecast 131- Hanging by Doug McIntire-- Western, a new sheriff tries to assert his authority in a lawless town.

Drabblecast 129- Tell-Tale Signs by Ralph Gamelli-- a man gains physical attributes of those he kills.

Drabblecast 128- The Story by Michael Young-- Cosmic Drabble. History of Universe in 100 words.

Drabblecast 127- The Place Where Dogs Go When They Die by John Medaille-- description of dog-Heaven. Poor puppy (or human?) gets placed in wrong one by accident.

Drabblecast 125- Prayer to Human by Christopher Perria--Robot descendants of humans worship and pray to ancestors in primitive fashion.

Drabblecast 124- Drabble- Navy Wife by A.S. Lowe-- circular Drabble, a woman gets a letter from her "dead" husband and also a letter saying that he is dead from Navy chaplain.

Drabblecast 122- The Most Wonderful Dream by Tim “ShoEboX” Crist-- man has a wonderful dream but wakes up in a box of cat litter.

Drabblecast 120- The First Swim by Richard Asbury-- bodies of water are scary/sacred to these natives, until a child cannonballs into a stream without thinking twice.

Drabblecast 118- Coiffuture Conundrum by Jake Webb-- man runs into himself from the future who has come back in time to not tell him to get a hair cut, no matter what.

Drabblecast 117- The Entertainer by Brett Reynolds-- an alien tries to control humanity's mind.... and by that I mean, a children's party entertainer tries to win over a room full of bratty kids.

Drabblecast 116- Tax Form Zero-G by Sonny Traylor-- a man gets out of being audited by the IRS by being sucked up into space.

Drabblecast 115- Drabble- The Absurdly Connected Machine by J. Alan Pierce-- Cosmic Drabble. Life and the Universe as we know it is all just part of a hugely complex Rube Goldberg machine, eventually simply spitting a silver ball into a small paper cup.

Drabblecast 114- Drabble- Happy Ending by Michael Young-- boy meets girl, girl plays hard to get, boy gets blown up and his body parts sprinkle around her. She ends up holding his hand.

Drabblecast 113- The Good Doctor by Jake Webb-- A mad scientist makes new friends, Frankenstein style, despite his mother saying he'd never be able to.

Drabblecast 112- 3:52 to Oblivion by J.D. Riso-- A girl contemplates stepping in front of a train.

Drabblecast 108- The Moth by Zac Alexander-- A giant alien space moth is attracted to our Sun.

Drabblecast 107- Hide and Seek by Liz Mierzejewski-- a young girl plays Hide and Seek with a Tyrannosaur.

Drabblecast 106- Deep in Flemming by David Steele-- a man reads a spy thriller while waiting in the closet to finish "a job."

Drabblecast 104- To Market by Carson Beker-- Deities shop for souls in a mist-shrouded marketplace.

Drabblecast 103- Sammy Has a Good Day by Josh Hugo-- a boy discovers "he can fly" just as a scientist across the globe discovers how to reverse gravity.

Drabblecast 102- Rain in the Wind by Jake Freivald-- a clairvoyant man and his lover grow sick during a plague.

Drabblecast 101- A Gentleman Caller by Rodney Elliot-- stalker/desperate housewife poison-darts her way to suburban happiness.
"Give us all some Jelly"

strawman

Postby strawman » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:12 pm

The synopsis was very helpful!
104 To Market Carson Beker
114 Happy Ending Michael Young
115 Absurdly Connected Machine J Alan Pierce
138 Absent Minded Professor Peter Recore
147 Time Machine Christopher Monroe
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Awesome. As the international man of straw said: muchas gracias para sus descripciónes.

125 - Prayer to Human by Christopher Perria
128 - The Story by Michael Young
114 - Happy Ending by Michael Young
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Richmazzer

Postby Richmazzer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:09 am

Ya, nice list, thanks.
Drabblecast 138- Absent Minded Professor by Peter Recore
Drabblecast 120- The First Swim by Richard Asbury
Drabblecast 146 Homeostasis by Phenopath
Drabblecast 115- The Absurdly Connected Machine by J. Alan Pierce
Drabblecast 114- Happy Ending by Michael Young

Return to “2009 Drabblecast People's Choice Awards”