13%
The Worm Within- Vincent Eaton
25%

Total votes: 24

normsherman
Site Admin

Round 2!

Postby normsherman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:08 am

Remember to vote on the story, not the production. Happy voting!

Code Brown- Dermot Glennon
"We cannot destroy it- it's too valuable" said Klugscheisser.
"And yet, it would be dangerous to keep it. We must hide it in the last place that anyone would ever think of looking for it..."

Jelly Park- Aliya Whiteley
"I'm not sure I belong here."
"Then where do you belong?"
The others stopped chewing and looked at me expectantly.
What am I...

The Beekeepers- J. Alan Pierce
The Tehtix move so damn fast- scientists can't ever keep up...and populations never know what hit them...

The Worm Within- Vincent Eaton

After so many years, there are few surprises left for me sitting on a toilet. Yet it was there where I first discovered an uninvited entity that wanted to call me home... [/i]
"Give us all some Jelly"

jalan1

Postby jalan1 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:11 am

Wow, glad my story was well recieved! I seem to have forgotten my password for my other username in this forum- I assure everyone I shall only vote once! ...(although the story I would have voted for isn't here!)

cammoblammo

And the winner is... not the thing in my bowel!

Postby cammoblammo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:53 am

Choosing one was hard to do. In the end, I asked myself, Which one has affected my life the most?

I liked Jelly Park, and I did find myself whistling the tune later that day. Funnily enough, I was sitting in my car while I listened to it, and I dozed off soon after. When I awoke I was still parked in the same place, with no jelly or bus drivers to be seen. So no vote.

I really dug The Beekeepers. I even went hunting for some info on a wasp that takes over cockroaches by remote control so I could post a 'cool parasite' thingy on the thread. But I found myself walking past a flower garden full of bees today, and I had absolutely no desire to be stung. So no vote.

Code Brown is probably the only DC story to make me laugh out loud. The people around me didn't get the joke (after all, I was listening through headphones) but that didn't bother me. As others have said, it brings all the best Drabblecast features together in one good story. But no vote, because any colonic rumblings I experience cause me to think of one story, and one story only.

For me, the winner is The Worm Within. Every time I take a dump I think back to this story. Every time I feel anything happen in my bowels --- whether it's my ten o'clock potty call or last night's curry --- my mind wanders over to this story. Every time I get an itch where it can't politely be scratched, my mind heads over to this story. Heck, I was looking for something in the medicine cabinet today when a pack of Combantrin fell out, and they looked tasty. My stomach knotted up quite unexpectedly, and I guess you know where my mind went.

So, by virtue of the fact that this story has affected me deeply, right to my very bowels, it gets my vote. It's going to live with me for the rest of my life.

And if anything else has the same idea, look out. That Combantrin looks so inviting...

Mr. Tweedy

Re: And the winner is... not the thing in my bowel!

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:27 pm

cammoblammo wrote:...Every time I take a dump I think back to this story...

This is indeed the mark of truly great literature.

But seriously, I also think "Jelly Park" effected me. I actually do think about it still because it's a great metaphor for so much in life. We have so much power to create our own happiness simply by choosing to take an appreciative attitude toward things. Like when my little girl flips out because she can't take a certain toy with her to Target, I think "that girl needs some Jolly Jelly." Or when I'm tempted to be grumpy because I drive around in a 1993 Civic, I think "I need to sing the Jelly Song." It's almost (hesitating to use the word) a spiritual lesson.

...Plus the song bugs the crap out of my wife, which makes it fun to hum every so often.
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Re: And the winner is... not the thing in my bowel!

Postby cammoblammo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Or when I'm tempted to be grumpy because I drive around in a 1993 Civic, I think "I need to sing the Jelly Song." It's almost (hesitating to use the word) a spiritual lesson.

...Plus the song bugs the crap out of my wife, which makes it fun to hum every so often.

You're not suggesting your wife juxtapose the two stories are you? :lol:

As for spiritual lessons, I'm sure John Wesley would have appreciated 'The Worm Within.' Right up his alley, so to speak.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:29 pm

Juxtaposition, eh? Well, then it only makes sense to bring in "The Destiny of Man" as well.

We poop out worms that then proceed to enslave us and eat our children, but we choose to appreciate the good in this circumstance and remain optimistic.

:shock: Maybe mixing up the stories isn't such a good idea.
Advertise in this space!

Sharga

Gotta be JP

Postby Sharga » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:39 am

While I enjoyed all of them, I felt that Jelly Park had the most depth and creativity to it. It's a winner in my book, hands down.

Goldenrat

Postby Goldenrat » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Loved the Beekeepers, that's my pick. Jelly Park was just too cinnamon and sugary for me.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:39 pm

Congrats Aliya!! Waitll you people see this chalice...
"Give us all some Jelly"

Return to “2009 Drabblecast People's Choice Awards”