R0 - Listener/Forums Mega-Beast Suggestions

strawman

Re: R0 - Listener/Forums Mega-Beast Suggestions

Postby strawman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 am

In addition to which, when he engages an opponent, their mighty roars turn into munchkinland, causing humiliating embasculation.
Like Mike Tyson.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

themorg

Postby themorg » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:29 pm

Scattercat wrote:Can you wrap your mind around... FLATYPUS

Sure, he looks cuddly and innocent, with his duck-billed face and his beaver tail, but in addition to hidden poison spines, the Flatypus conceals an even subtler threat: mastery over the dimensions. Able to fold and bend them at will, Flatypus need fear no attack, for all he has to do is turn sideways and it passes right by his two-dimensional form. The dangers of a literally infinitely sharp edge are no laughing matter, either. At long last, platypi escape from the shadow of what they are not and claim their birthright for what they are: effing DANGEROUS.

I must say i like saying Flatypus and will say it until my GF demands me to stop. A Flatypus has grown up being able to run at any dangerous things at every turn so i say he is a scared little marsupial. His shadow he runs away, His Mother telling him to clean his room he runs away, The flying spaghetti monster telling him to stop running he runs anyway.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:12 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:How about a sheep/plasmoid hybrid. Amoebahhhh. Fission and absorption/digestion. two powerful possible talents there to consider.

HAHAHA! I love you guys just ran with it.

Please scattercat, there is no holding back with MEGA BEASTS!
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Mikes wrote:DROP-BEAR
If that weren't enough, it's a goddamn giant bear, what more do you want?

How about the Hoop Snake?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:02 am

moonowl wrote:How about the Hoop Snake?

Had to look that one up: http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl= ... CBgQ9QEwAA

Mmh, definately has potential. Would it need to begin the fight up a hill, though?
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:35 pm

These posts need "like" buttons...
Advertise in this space!

boot

Postby boot » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:These posts need "like" buttons...

Huzzah!
That was a typographical error--it should have been a blank space.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Trilo-BITE

Well meaning paleontologists find a stash of DNA from the Cambrian period. They decide to try to bring back the harmless pill-bug like creatures called trilobites. When the first one hatched they knew they got the sequencing terribly wrong. It was 6 feet long, powerful mandibles and a taste for meat. It's able to curl itself up pillbug style for defense.

Just a little bite
from Trio-BITE

Hatching Phoenix

Postby Hatching Phoenix » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:00 pm

MULTI-BISON

An American Buffalo with razor sharp horns, an thick, impenetrable hide, and the ability to generate a bloodthirsty, stampeding herd of doppelgangers.
“You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.” -- F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Way of the Buffalo: a podcast for literature, stuff, and nonsense http://wayofthebuffalopodcast.blogspot.com/

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:44 pm

Octodolphpig! Superior brain power.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

Scattercat

Postby Scattercat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 am

Right click and save, but it won't do you any good... against LOLCAT!

Visiting our time from the far future, this kitty is tuned in and turned on, jacking the matrix and on a cyberhacking neuromancing joyride with his ultimate deck. With the Internet of the Future behind him, he has the omniscience of Ceiling Cat, the dark strength of Basement Cat, the unending stamina of Loooooongcat, and the fabled jumping powers of Maru himself. He's got a flash outfit and more net-savvy than a legion of butterfly collectors. He's got a retro-futuristic raygun and an iPhone XVIII. He might not be big or strong or made of metal, but he's got the tools and the talent and, most importantly, the ability to travel through time. (How do you think he got here from the future?) How can you defeat someone who already knows how the fight will end?

Laugh Out Loud? More like Lights Out, Losers! LOLCAT will pwn all of you pussies!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:38 am

Scattercat wrote:Right click and save, but it won't do you any good... against LOLCAT!

A tempting choice indeed - you've worked out the whole script. Also would make for an excuse to post Maru vids on the forums. But then how could it be anything other than a photo for the art? I''m loath to put my full backing behind LOLCAT, since I'd be rendering myself irrelevant. I am beast-master!

--

Keep em' comin' everyone, lot of great entries so far - It'll be tough narrowing things down without a few tears along the way. Listener suggested beast round with start September 26th. I'm thinking Norm, the editors, and I (henceforth referred to as the death panel) will be closing submissions and selecting the competing threesome the week before (so I have time to get the art did).
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

babydyke

Postby babydyke » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm still new, so sorry if this is redundant, but what about...

...The Octophant! An enormous, bloated amphibian creature with four stomping legs and eight trunks of clutching sucker doom. Its polyphonal trumpeting is bone-shattering and brain-melting! It belches poisonous, blinding ink! On land or in sea, you don't want to encounter the Octophant.
A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head. ~C.S. Lewis

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 pm

babydyke wrote:I'm still new, so sorry if this is redundant, but what about... The Octophant!

I like it conceptually: strong set of powers, though its inclusion is unlikely - elephants have been well mined in the MB-DM. Telephant, a teleporting, steel-tusked mastodon, was our very first winner. But this redundancy shouldn't at all be a source of shame - it just shows you're of the same mind as the founders. Our kinda people!

So I figure things get confusing with our beast littered past, and new fans are a top priority! So to dispel any underlying paranoia of overlap, check this link:

http://bokaier.deviantart.com/gallery/#Mega-Beasts

Every MBDM competitor from seasons 1,2 & 3, right there.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:55 pm

THIS IS AWESOME.
GIVE ME A CALENDAR. INCLUDE EPISODE ART TO MARK FAKE HOLIDAYS, LIKE NATIONAL SQUID DAY, AND TAKE YOUR SPAWN TO WORK DAY
GIVE ME A DRABBLECAST MAGAZINE WITH A CENTERFOLD. DRABBLECAST MOVIE POSTERS. TWEEDY'S BANNER ADS, UPDATED.

I wonder if you couldn't find a way to get a connection to a marketing person at Pixar and see if there is any underemployed talent there that would take on DC as a personal project.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

PureChance

Postby PureChance » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 am

Wait, National Squid Day is a fake holiday!?
"Everything tricks, and everything cheats, and everything, everything, everything eats."

Drabblecast 146- Teddy Bears and Tea Parties by S. Boyd Taylor

themorg

Postby themorg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:13 am

i was going to say 30 lb gold fish but he got taken by a simple human...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... dfish.html

Also i am sorry but us Mendalians take Squid Day very seriously.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:20 pm

I'd like to nominate Uzicorn

Uzicorn is not just a unicorn with the barrel of an uzi for a horn. Uzicorn also sports hooves that plant horseshoe shaped claymore mines with every step. Or, the claymores can be launched with a kick from Uzicorn's hind legs. In addition, Uzicorn's tail lashes out rainbows of mind-numbing psychedelia straight from the unwitting, faerie-soaked daydreams of one Missy Krenzel, a second-grader at Red Oak Elementary in Poughkeepsie, New York. This little princess' mid-day meanderings can leave the most ferocious beasts docile and drooling while Uzicorn finishes them off with a spray of bullets or a well-aimed claymore.

Uzicorn's weaknesses are friendship bracelets and Trapper Keepers.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Scattercat wrote:Right click and save, but it won't do you any good... against LOLCAT!

Visiting our time from the far future, this kitty is tuned in and turned on, jacking the matrix and on a cyberhacking neuromancing joyride with his ultimate deck. With the Internet of the Future behind him, he has the omniscience of Ceiling Cat, the dark strength of Basement Cat, the unending stamina of Loooooongcat, and the fabled jumping powers of Maru himself. He's got a flash outfit and more net-savvy than a legion of butterfly collectors. He's got a retro-futuristic raygun and an iPhone XVIII. He might not be big or strong or made of metal, but he's got the tools and the talent and, most importantly, the ability to travel through time. (How do you think he got here from the future?) How can you defeat someone who already knows how the fight will end?

Laugh Out Loud? More like Lights Out, Losers! LOLCAT will pwn all of you pussies!

Don't get me started on feline megabeasts. Never Again!!!!!!11111112
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Scattercat

Postby Scattercat » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Flee! Flee! Flee from the FLEA CIRCUS!

Sure, they're individually small, but they're the biggest show on Earth. The FLYING TRAP-FLEAS ARTISTS are gods of the air, tumbling in impossible arcs and curves. The BOUNCING CLOWN will make you laugh, and then make you cry... for mercy! The ANT-LION TAMER has whips and burning hoops and complete command over his vicious minions. The STRONGBUG is the mightiest mite of them all. The FLEEK wraps himself in flea collars just for kicks and bites the heads off of aphids. And lurking in the background, ever hidden in the shadows, the nefarious RINGMASTER commands them all; his goals are uncertain, his allegiance always temporary, and his methods brutal.

This ain't the Ringling Brothers. This ain't Barnum OR Bailey. This circus is out for BLOOD.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 4 (Fall 2010)”