R0 - Listener/Forums Mega-Beast Suggestions

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: R0 - Listener/Forums Mega-Beast Suggestions

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:16 am

Non-Euclidean Geo. wrote:I'd like to nominate Uzicorn

Uzicorn is not just a unicorn with the barrel of an uzi for a horn. Uzicorn also sports hooves that plant horseshoe shaped claymore mines with every step. Or, the claymores can be launched with a kick from Uzicorn's hind legs. ...
Uzicorn's weaknesses are friendship bracelets and Trapper Keepers.

Hee hee, I like this one!
Welcome to the forums, N-EG.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:37 am

These are some good beasts, I have to say.

The best prize is having them rendered and Bo-ified! Even if they don't make it past the Death Panel (squeee on the name).
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:47 pm

OMG Bo, you are my hero
http://bokaier.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2b5hsf
Those illustrations are AMAZING
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Am I still banned from participating? I have an idea. It isn't cute, I promise.
----

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:18 pm

HELLMINTH

A fire-breathing, segmented combination of intestinal parasite and dragon. It has a fanged and horned scolex, narrow tape-like body, and mighty reptilian wings. It has hooks of bone and a scaled belly. It primarily attacks by wrapping around it's victims and hooking into them, followed by torching them with dragonfire. But It's special death move is impaling victims with it's whiplike tail and ripping out their guts with it. If any segment of it's body gets cut off, it can grow into a new one. Other strengths include high agility when flying and snakelike speed when coiling itself around opponents. It also collects valuables from it's dead victims and stores them protectively in it's cave.
----

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:29 pm

*HELLMINTH is entirely unrelated to the Mongolian Death Worm, and would roast the MDWs mother and eat her for lunch.
----

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:24 am

All are welcome. I think you being banned had more to do with me toggling some dumb option on the admin side and everyone being unable to comment than some personalized attack.

Unrelated though similar. Since the MDW itself seems a shoe in for inclusion in author' created round, Hellminth has some fearful redundancy to compensate for in the segmented worm department. Could you maybe switch him to a ferret?
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 am

StalinSays wrote:Unrelated though similar. Since the MDW itself seems a shoe in for inclusion in author' created round, Hellminth has some fearful redundancy to compensate for in the segmented worm department. Could you maybe switch him to a ferret?

LOL!!!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

deflective

Postby deflective » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:19 am

giving a bump to a couple previous contenders:

beaver engineer (remote turrets!)

pavlov's shreddinger

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:41 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:
Non-Euclidean Geo. wrote:Welcome to the forums, N-EG.

Thanks, glad to be here. I suggested Uzicorn before reading the rest of the thread. Not to disrespect my own beast, but Birmingham Meth Worm and Flatypus are kick ass.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:10 pm

I second the welcome. Non-Eudclidean Geo makes me think of documentary style nature programming, a la Nat Geo, but Lovecraftian sanity destroying monstrosities, instead of grizzlies, penguins, humpbacks, and condors. AKA high entertainment.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:55 pm

I was banned a second time by Norm himself at lunch for saying Tristegotops looked cute in his onesie.

The Birmingham Meth Worm is closer to MDW than Hellminth, yes? :) I think intestinal parasites would make awesome MegaBeasts.
----

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:17 am

Jump the Shark

What's more frightening than a white pointer? A white pointer who can breath air, that's what. And what's more frightening than a white pointer who can breath air? And air breathing white pointer ninja.

Like you needed to ask.

Jump was left as a, er, pup (is that right? pup?) on the steps of a shoalin temple was literally born into the martial arts.Nothing pwns harder than a roundhouse kick from a 7 metre deep water beast only to have them devour your still dazed body afterwards.

Lamb Shanks

Why do people commit crime? Some say it's genetic. Some out of boredom. Although some were pushed to it from losing their job because of that bloody Nytol stuff. But there's a problem when you put the meanest sheep in the paddock into The System. Between woodwork and printing number plates, Lamb learned truly the quickest way to man's heart is through his stomach... and then up past the lungs. This sheep is more ingenious than Mr T when to comes to making weapons. Razor sharp rhino horn? Pah, useless when it's turned around so the charging rhino pierces its own head on charging contact.

What? What do you mean lambs aren't ferocious? You ever had one come at you at head height?
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:31 am

jannypie wrote:The Birmingham Meth Worm is closer to MDW than Hellminth, yes?

That is true, and I fear for the BMW's chances as well. I was thinking, with the drug references, why not a toad? Anyone want to take a swing at that?

Mikes wrote:Jump the Shark/Lamb Shanks

I'm liking the completeness of these concepts, and you have the mindset (its puns that make the beast). Unfortunately the veteran Sharkitraz from season 2 muddies both creatures' potential. He was a land shark, and prison themed. And he got buried in the voting.

I'm digging the ninja/martial artist idea. Any way of reworking it with some other critter? A lamb/sheep related beast works fine.

Sheep can be bad ass, Black Sheep (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/) taught us that lesson.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 am

StalinSays wrote:
Mikes wrote:Jump the Shark/Lamb Shanks

I'm liking the completeness concepts, and you have the mindset (its puns that make the beast). Unfortunately the veteran Sharkitraz from season 2 muddies both creatures' potential. He was a land shark, and prison themed. And he got buried in the voting.

I'm digging the ninja/martial artist idea. Any way of reworking it with some other critter? A lamb/sheep related beast works fine.

Sheep can be bad ass, Black Sheep (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0779982/) taught us that lesson.

Fairynuff, I'll give it a thought. If anyone else has a suggestion along this line, please feel free jump in with them, my creative juices have been depleted this weekend.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:51 am

Stalingsays wrote:I'm digging the ninja/martial artist idea. ... A lamb/sheep related beast works fine.

Ah-ha! Gotit!

Lamb Chops

It has been said that it is fear of the unknown which is the cause of the most base terror, and this veiled assassin makes the most of that fact.

AT first there were mere whispers from the far east: families found dead in their beds, killed in the night, their near neighbours none the wiser. Only two things linked the deaths; the complete lack of noise during the night, the cause of death - blunt trauma to the neck.

It took some time, but eventually a detective with an eye for the big picture saw another pattern: there were no vegetarians among any of the dead.

Soon meat eaters everywhere were passing rumours among themselves. Eschewing meat was the only way be safe. reciting the phrase mint sauce into a mirror three times would summon the small, deceptively cute shadow into your home and that would be the last thing you saw.

And then, one more rumour. No one knew where it came from, nor how accurate it was, but some say, quietly, on some nights of the killings a lone person heard the blood-freezing war cry of the killer......baaa.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am

Hah love lamb chops!
----

themorg

Postby themorg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:42 am

jannypie wrote:I was banned a second time by Norm himself at lunch for saying Tristegotops looked cute in his onesie.

I have been banned for less on other boards. Also i used to be a true troll (i am reformed and i did some steps) about things and would post hurtful meaning less banter.

Now i have the one that i would like to nominate for Mega-beast

ExWifeAsourous Hex- Totally omnipresent about how an opponent is thinking and makes them do meaningless tasks (Via ShameRay) until they die of exhaustion. In practice It makes endless judgments and covers its prey in listlessness to the point of forgetting to breathe. The ExWifeAsourous developed it from being married to a radioactive Wasband (was a husband), and turned evil after years of thank-less labor. The Wasband slowly leeches off negative energy and iradiated her spleen (that is the place where all the love is). Well he aint here no more and he aint getting anymore chicken tetrazzini... She then Studied the black arts from a correspondence course written by the late great Willie Mays. This lead her to be the Coven leader or the girl scouts and everyone knows evil and manipulative they are with their Demonic cookie sales.

Sadly its weakness is PreNupPup and GratifinAmphicoelias.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:35 pm

We were all joking about the onesie thing, really. It's all caught on tape in the MegaBeast video. And I just tease Bo about not having access to the forum at first- I've adminned a few boards, I know it happens. I have this dry humor thing goin on, once you know I'm teasing it's easier to see it. :-P

Mind control on ExWifeAsourous is an interesting power, I like it. To add to the backstory, you can say that she developed it from being married to a radioactive Wasband (was a husband), and turned evil after years of slave labor. ;)
----

themorg

Postby themorg » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:37 pm

jannypie wrote:We were all joking about the onesie thing, really. It's all caught on tape in the MegaBeast video. And I just tease Bo about not having access to the forum at first- I've adminned a few boards, I know it happens. I have this dry humor thing goin on, once you know I'm teasing it's easier to see it. :-P

Mind control on ExWifeAsourous is an interesting power, I like it. To add to the backstory, you can say that she developed it from being married to a radioactive Wasband (was a husband), and turned evil after years of slave labor. ;)

I like WasBand (it sounds like wizz bang and has been)
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 4 (Fall 2010)”