MB4 R1 - Scarho'tep vs. Tristegotops vs. Minotaurd

Which Mega-Beast finalist are you voting for?

Scarho'tep
30%
Tristegotops
30%
Minotaurd
41%

Total votes: 27

normsherman
Site Admin

MB4 R1 - Scarho'tep vs. Tristegotops vs. Minotaurd

Postby normsherman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 am

That day has finally arrived! The magical mega beast morning, you rush to the tree, pajamas on, hair tussled, butt-flap perhaps open, and find 3 pristine presents. Presents of blood! Check it out: the top vote-getter on mega-beasts.com after Sunday September 26th (Midnight, Eastern) will advance to the finals, and become a horrifying Meta-Beast! Vote early, vote often, because you know these other rotten bastards will. :twisted:

Need a refresher on who or what is a Minotaurd (etc), check out the round 1 / Dragon*Con video podcast! An audio podcast featuring the ever-lovin' death panel should hit sometime next week. Prattle on brave soldiers!
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: MB4 R1 - Scarho'tep vs. Tristegotops vs. Minotaurd

Postby StalinSays » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:47 am

Howdy everyone, just to let you know the site / beasts are just a tad skeletal to start. I need to go to sleep, pathetic man creature that I am. But yeh, the art will go from pastels to full color within a couple days. Full powers / weaknesses info will be there below the voting options like usual tomorrow (today). And will toss on a couple new pages to the site, and a means of sharing beasts with friends.

And whatever to all that, remember, all votes count, this is official baby! Please, tell a friend. Then smack that friend too hard for it to be casual and funny, and let them know who you're voting for - rivalries are important!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:00 am

Quickie powers summations:

Minotaurd: a creation of the Greek gods, pooling the last of their powers for one final push towards ruling the cosmos. Sadly, as is too often the case with late births, the product is a bit... slow. Minotaurd has the strength of Hercules, the helm of Hades, granting invisibility, the sandals of Hermes for fleetness of foot, the golden fleece and aegis shield for protection, the sword of damocles, and the brain of a dairy cow.

Scarho'tep: with a plea for immortality granted by the deities of the underworld, a long forgotten pharaoh became the horror known as Scarho'tep. Terrible claws, a tough shell, and effortless flight with wing strength enough to twist up and direct dust devils. All this, topped off by the ability to absorb the life force of opponents, allowing Scarho'tep to grow in strength.

Tristegotops: a petri dish of dino DNA catch-all spawned a mangled, yet surprisingly able prehistoric punisher. Augmented with military grade ballistics and metallic armor plating, Tristegotops is as comfortable on the attack as on the defensive. It can tuck its head inside it's mouth neck cowl thinger, fire off its horns, and swing a mighty, spiked tail for close combat. Though plodding, its surefooted approach is hard to overrate.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:31 pm

Great artwork Bo!

First impressions; I am leaning towards Minotaurd. He has the power and the speed (and a fleece?), who needs brains? Otherwise it has to be the tooled up dino (missile weapons system, duh).

I am not sure about the dung beetle, Minotaurd will swat that bug no problem.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm

normsherman wrote: Vote early, vote often, because you know these other rotten bastards will. :twisted:

Yes, yes we will! :D

Totally kick ass beasts Bo. Which one is supposed to have on a onesie!? IS that why the post has a little heart marked on it?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:56 pm

I believe this assertion was made of Tristegotops, with the Triceratops head being the collar of a suit the stegosaurus is wearing. The original sketch of him that people saw at Dragon*Con, linked below, was a bit more pajamas'esque.

http://www.mega-beasts.com/images/megabeast_s4_tristegotops.jpg

boot

Postby boot » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:25 am

Am I reading these ranking results right? People are voting for the dung beetle? Srsly?
Berserker raging man-cow with the Damaclene sword and invisibility! Think about it!

Minotaur gets confused by all the screeching and cheering and goes into invisible mode as a natural defense. The undexterous dino-sour steps on Minotaurd's foot and SWISH! Dinoghetti! The Scarab sees the commotion and buzzes in to take clip Minotaurd and consume some of his power. Stunned by the unexpected jolt of stupid roiling through his system, the beatlebeetle crashes to the ground, only to have his wings swatted off by a freaking-out 'taurd with a huge sword. Now a face-to-face ground battle, it is bloody and gory and short.

Give the 'Taurd his wings and dinosaur missiles and let's move along.
That was a typographical error--it should have been a blank space.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:57 am

StalinSays wrote: The original sketch of him that people saw at Dragon*Con, linked below, was a bit more pajamas'esque.

Ah, yes. I see the lines on his ankles have become armor plates... they looked like sleeves at first.

I'm the baby!
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:22 pm

@boot - You wish! Immortality tops invisibility! 'Taurd is powerful and all, but the dude's a case of "got the muscle but don't know how to use it". Scarho'tep can just create a dust devil and surround impotent-'Taurd with it...even if 'Taurdo goes invis, the dust will pinpoint his arse no matter where he rampages. Tristegotops can shoot his missiles from long range and not even get close enough for damage. Scarho'tep swoops in and does a cold-blooded snip-snip on that defenseless neck, and no more Minotaurd. Tristegotops loses in a battle with Scarho'tep too, it looks like his missiles are fixed in a frontal attack only and that neck piece is gonna limit his vis behind and above. Scarho'tep can attack in his blind spot, using his carapace to deflect any swishes of the tail, and carve up a nice meaty Stego-steak. Any damage Scarho'tep might even get incidentally can be repaired on the fly by sucking the other's life force, and besides, he's immortal.
----

strawman

Postby strawman » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:40 pm

I think for purposes of competition, Scarho'tep's immortality must be understood in the same sense as it was understood by the only ones who experienced it: Abbott and Costello.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Stupidity is underrated. Pete Rose has got to be one of the dumbest human beings on the planet and yet he's the all-time hit king. A head devoid of thought is an advantage in battle. Minotaurd will just go on muscle memory and not overthink about what pitch is coming.....err, make that flying Tristegotops horn. Doesn't matter. He'll dodge it, divert it, or hit it for a double with the flat of his sword. No thought required.

Minotaurd's stupidity is an asset.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Pete Rose has got to be one of the dumbest human beings on the planet and yet he's the all-time hit king.

You be very careful where you tread with Charlie Hustle or I'll drop a can of rabid Phillies Fan on your ass!

I hear said can is full of tazers, vomit and batteries.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am

what.the.hell.
You guys can't really be thinking that dung beetle would have a shot at this. I mean, seriously.
The dino has ranged weapons. The bull has invisibility (and also a sort of cute 1992 'Life Goes On' charisma.)
Mummify that egyptian arthropod.
Ob-La-di Ob-Lad-Da....
"Give us all some Jelly"

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:42 am

Hey Bo, people keep telling me that we should put the beast descriptions/powers on the MB site as well. Apparently people are lazy or don't want to have to make eye contact with us losers on the forum for their Super Animal Educations.
"Give us all some Jelly"

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:55 am

normsherman wrote:what.the.hell.
You guys can't really be thinking that dung beetle would have a shot at this. I mean, seriously.
The dino has ranged weapons. The bull has invisibility (and also a sort of cute 1992 'Life Goes On' charisma.)
Ob-La-di Ob-Lad-Da....

Yes, but Scarho'tep can fly and do a kick ass tornado attack. If it unleashed a few of those tornadoes, it could easily kick the bull's fanny without even seeing it. Assuming it has any decent speed at all, it can get out of the way of the dinosaur's ranged attacks. Once it dodges all the attacks the dinosaur unleashes, it can just dust devil Tristegotops to death bit by bit.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:13 pm

what he said
----

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:49 pm

dreamrock wrote:
normsherman wrote:what.the.hell.
Ob-La-di Ob-Lad-Da....

Yes, but Scarho'tep can fly and do a kick ass tornado attack. If it unleashed a few of those tornadoes, it could easily kick the bull's fanny without even seeing it. Assuming it has any decent speed at all, it can get out of the way of the dinosaur's ranged attacks. Once it dodges all the attacks the dinosaur unleashes, it can just dust devil Tristegotops to death bit by bit.

You are not convincing me Dreamrock. I don't think think that you are even convincing yourself.

The tornado attack is lame, what sort of tornado could those puny wing generate?
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

themorg

Postby themorg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:00 pm

anything with the word tard always gets my vote regardless my real feelings.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

boot

Postby boot » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Phenopath wrote:...The tornado attack is lame...

That's what I'm talkin about! Apparently it has "wing strength enough [to] twist up and direct dust devils."
Whipping up a stiff breeze with your beetle wings is a far cry from the "kick ass tornado attack" some have taken this to be. I'll see your blustery bug and raise him a SMASH-IN-THE-FACE-WITH-A-SWORD. Or even a missile to the head from the StarWarzilla.
The bug is goin' down, peeps. Way down. Downtown. The MBDM has eaten 'immortal' contestants before and it will do it again.

boot

Postby boot » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:45 pm

themorg wrote:anything with the word tard always gets my vote regardless my real feelings.

Huzzah!

Besides, if the after-school-specials and that very special episode of...[insert 80's sitcom title here] have taught me anything, it's that every inspirationally disabled person (or cowman) has the has hidden ability to overcome any obstacle to becoming an accepted and productive member of society. (Trust me, it's tropy as all heck)

And since this particular society is all about carnal destruction, I fully expect Rain Cow to bust some Gump on their asses.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 4 (Fall 2010)”