MB4 R2 - Lamb Chops vs. Big Boris vs. The Meth Worm

Which of the three Mega-Beasts are you voting for?

Lamb Chops
35%
Big Boris
25%
The Birmingham Meth Worm
40%

Total votes: 20

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Re: MB4 R2 - Lamb Chops vs. Big Boris vs. The Meth Worm

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm concerned about Lamb Chops size from the defensive angle. Can he take a hit? If he's limping after Boris or the Worm land a lucky blow, his agility is lessened and he's likely to get hit again. Lamb Chops essentially has to have a perfect round evading every single attack.

Before he's taken out though, who does he do the most damage to? I say it's the Worm. Lamb Chops can't sit idly by breathing in the second-hand fumes BMW is spitting at Boris.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:55 pm

Non-Euclidean Geo. wrote:I'm concerned about Lamb Chops size from the defensive angle. Can he take a hit? If he's limping after Boris or the Worm land a lucky blow, his agility is lessened and he's likely to get hit again. Lamb Chops essentially has to have a perfect round evading every single attack.

Before he's taken out though, who does he do the most damage to? I say it's the Worm. Lamb Chops can't sit idly by breathing in the second-hand fumes BMW is spitting at Boris.

But if he's fast and hidden by smoke bombs and smarts, he won't need to worry about taking a hit or standing 'idly by'
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 pm

I've been using Street Fighter as an analogy too. Boris is definitely Zangeif. And Zangeif never won.

I think people are forgetting that Lamb Chop has built in padding with his fleece. Sheep are much skinnier that they look.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:38 pm

How many big, giant ninjas have you ever seen depicted?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:14 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:I've been using Street Fighter as an analogy too. Boris is definitely Zangeif. And Zangeif never won.

Tom, do not make me get in to an ultra-geeky dissection of the Street Fighter tier structure. Suffice to say Zangief gets high level play, and depending on the generation, is one of the most effective characters in the game (the most effective in the case of Alpha 3, and early reports suggest SSF4:Arcade). I will not let you besmirch his bearded glory! ((Can you guess the character I use in Street Fighter games?))

To best 'Gief you need to keep him at bay with a mix of ranged attacks and resets. So ultimate SF2 efficacy notwithstanding, he is still a smart comparison point for Big Boris.

------

Two things about the Meth Worm people seem to be glossing over:

1) he has no eyes. Hard to blind / deceive that way. I would imagine a thermal view, but here I'm just lifting liberally from the Tremors movies. Speaking of which...

2) motha'sucka' can dig. I know it isn't explicit on the card - but that's what worms do. In my crystal ball I see him striking from below and dragging Lamb Chops in to the earth, Sam Raimi style! Death Mole and Sharkitraz's ghosts listen/watch appreciatively, like fallen Jedis, sensing a burrower is finally gonna' make it over the MBDM hump.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Damp_Obsession

Postby Damp_Obsession » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:43 pm

I have to say that I'm going to go for BMW right on the bat here. I mean, all he has to do is breath on 'em. I don't care how many shrukin Lamb Chop has, he's not going to be able to throw them without any lungs.

But, there is also the chance that Meth Worm could see Boris' outfit and automatically think that he's police and try to turn tail and run for it. This could leave him open for an attack from the rear. -shrug- It all depends on how livid he is at the time.

It really depends on how wormlike he is too. I mean, a real life worm can be cut in half and still live through it. Can Meth Worm live through that kind of mangling too?

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:49 am

StalinSays wrote:Tom, do not make me get in to an ultra-geeky dissection of the Street Fighter tier structure. Suffice to say Zangief gets high level play, and depending on the generation, is one of the most effective characters in the game (the most effective in the case of Alpha 3, and early reports suggest SSF4:Arcade). I will not let you besmirch his bearded glory! ((Can you guess the character I use in Street Fighter games?))

Let me rephrase. I have yet to fight a person who plays Zangief well. Whilst I'm best at Chun-li, I find most of her moves cheap, and prefer to win somewhat less with Ken.
Please, please don't make a Vega mega-beast. I HATE Vega. mainly because he/she kicks my ass.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:56 am

I was thinking Zangeif when I first saw the pic and description. It was always the talk at my school 'Yeah, but Zangeif has the most powerful attack in the game!'. Fair enough, but it's 17 years later and I still haven't met anyone who could pull off the spinning pile driver even in practice. All the strength in the world doens't help if you can't bring it to bear (ha!).
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

jonathancg

Postby jonathancg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:02 am

Tommy just called. They almost had him near the AL/GA border, but he burrowed underground and got away. When they sent the dogs into the tunnel, the dogs didn't come back.

One thing I'd like to point out is rednecks know how to handle farm animals. So I think lamb chop is hosed. Plus he's a little twerp that's going to get annihilated early on any way. Then there's Boris...

Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 am

Lamb chop is Baaaaaaaaaa-d ass! Vote for him or else!

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 am

Damp_Obsession wrote:It really depends on how wormlike he is too. I mean, a real life worm can be cut in half and still live through it. Can Meth Worm live through that kind of mangling too?

I wouldn't have thought so. Mainly because he's quite clearly got a head... front.... thing, with a larger upper ...body.... thing? Copped in two I think he's just flop around until he leaks to death. I don't think Chops has the ability to do that. Boris yeah, but it wouldn't be so quick, so the fumes would be an issue.

I'm still leaning to Chops. Yes yes, I know, favouritism etc etc, but it's true. Outright I'd say BMW has the best possibilities, but like I said, he has too many downsides.

Plus ninjas are cool. The only way he could be cooler would be if he was a pirate as well, but then the world would collapse in the awesome.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:14 am

Big Barn Lovin 17
starring, Redneck Tommy and Lamb Chops
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:43 am

Damp_Obsession wrote:It really depends on how wormlike he is too. I mean, a real life worm can be cut in half and still live through it. Can Meth Worm live through that kind of mangling too?

Good question. If that's the case, then that in conjunction with what Bo has pointed out (no eyes to poke out, and he's a tunneler), I'm now strongly leaning towards Tommy.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 am

Welcome to the MBDM chatter Damp_Obsession! And a belated welcome to SEELE_01!

----

Mikes wrote:it's 17 years later and I still haven't met anyone who could pull off the spinning pile driver even in practice.

Obviously no one amongst the DC community has has a chance to play me. S'a'shame. I showed the kids in the digital gaming hall at Dragon*Con what a fully-functioning Zangief can do.

----

jannypie wrote:Big Barn Lovin 17
starring, Redneck Tommy and Lamb Chops

Save the bestiality jokes for the professionals. By that I mean stop or you'll spoil Kendall or Norm's whole podcast riff. Or maybe it's better to get it out of the way now.. like a shot.

----

Supposing that death worms and earth worms share a similar biology, I submit:

All the important stuff is in the first (oh, I'm guessing..) sixth of the worm. In Tommy's case then I'd think all vitals exist above the collar of his jean jacket. He may well survive a be-heading! And don't forget, he doesn't feel pain.

Just in case this is in the back of someone's mind: when you split a meth worm you don't multiply, you divide. They aren't like flat worms. That'd have made the back of the card.

----

Non-Euclidean Geo. wrote:I'm concerned about Lamb Chops size from the defensive angle. Can he take a hit?

Not from one of these two. He'll have to have flawless execution. As I noted before, to my mind he'd wait out Boris versus Tommy before trying anything. And with that time pick apart their technique.

----

Mikes wrote:I'm still leaning to Chops. Yes yes, I know, favouritism etc etc, but it's true. Outright I'd say BMW has the best possibilities, but like I said, he has too many downsides.

If Lamb Chops didn't have some strong chances, I would be working so hard to bolster the Meth Worm's rep. An extended dissertation on Boris is soon to follow.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:21 am

StalinSays wrote:I showed the kids in the digital gaming hall at Dragon*Con what a fully-functioning Zangief can do.

On the video game, right? Otherwise that's just mean.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:30 am

Mikes wrote:On the video game, right? Otherwise that's just mean.

This one 12 year old I have to have thrown a good 8 feet..

jonathancg

Postby jonathancg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 pm

I honestly don't understand the lamb chops angle people are taking. Strong chances?

Let me ask you this: which one of these death match critters in this round has never been used as the basis for a kids' daytime puppet-show mascot?
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, our Lamb Chops is more about pun than riffing on what's-her-face's puppet. That said, I think everyone is drastically underestimating Boris's ability to withstand any kind of attack thrown at him. If Tristen was in this battle, Boris might have a problem withstanding the attacks (though, frankly, I doubt it), but neither Lamb Chops nor BMW offer any sort of serious danger to Boris.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:14 pm

jonathancg wrote:
Let me ask you this: which one of these death match critters in this round has never been used as the basis for a kids' daytime puppet-show mascot?

Whoops, try again.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:59 am

LOL!!

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 4 (Fall 2010)”