MB4 R2 - Lamb Chops vs. Big Boris vs. The Meth Worm

Which of the three Mega-Beasts are you voting for?

Lamb Chops
35%
Big Boris
25%
The Birmingham Meth Worm
40%

Total votes: 20

jannypie

Re: MB4 R2 - Lamb Chops vs. Big Boris vs. The Meth Worm

Post by jannypie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:23 pm

Good point, Bo!
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:01 pm

I am thrilled that BMW is in this round. Being a resident of GA, I am very familiar with our neighboring state, only I never cross the line because there is nothing out there. Nothing!

First of all, don't call him BMW. He hates that. He drives an 87' Chevy with a faded "No Fear" and peeing Calvin on it. His hound dogs Scoot and Ugly hang out in the back. The liftgate stays on complements of duct tape and an old coax cable. He doesn't even want the BMW abbreviation near him.

Don't underestimate natural Alabama determination. I have extended family from Alabama. Some of them will never eat Chinese food, for example. This because they have never eaten Chinese food. I'm not kidding -- that's the kind of logic. Ponder that for a second. Your rules already don't apply here. Tommy is going to make up his own. And spice them with Meth. He is utterly unreachable and cannot be intimidated. Unless you're with the DEA. If that's the case, he won't be there and none of his friends have seen him in weeks. But that is his stash in their houses.

You ever lose your virginity in a truck stop bathroom? Tommy didn't. He lost his in a truck stop parking lot. In front of a busy highway. In broad daylight.

I could give you more anecdotes, but I trust I've made my point. Whatever it is.

Has anyone seen my wallet?
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:55 am

StalinSays wrote:To my mind, the real-time fighting in this round has to begin Boris versus BMW. What ninja worth his throwing knife would reveal himself at the onset of a three beast tussle? It is all about maximizing his advantage.
This is a good point.

Between Boris and BMW I can see Boris using his charge to get close in, swipe with those claws at BWM and carrying on before the fumes get to him. Rinse and repeat. Much as I like the idea of the BMW, and I think he has some cracking powers, to me he's just not fighting material. He offensive capability is countered by his weaknesses. The upshot of it is being fodder for Boris, who wouldn't come away from that fight unharmed. Old, tired and half cut by BMW's noxious cloud....
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 am

I'm leaning this way three. Lamp chop would hide until he kills.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Post by Non-Euclidean Geo. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 am

Mikes wrote: OK, but let's look at something:

Georgia - population 4,200,000

Russia - population 150,000,000

Georgia - GNI - $2,400

Russia - GNI $9,600
All true. I was just dusting off an ol' Music Man sales tactic. Y'know, poolhall starts with P and that rhymes with T and that spells trouble.

Okay, so Lamb Chops is sitting out until it's only Boris or the Worm. Makes perfect sense. So my next question is can Lamb Chops get far enough away so that he's not breathing in the noxious miasma the Worm is spewing at Boris? If not, Lamb Chops may not be in the best shape either when it's his turn to fight.

I don't think Lamb Chops can win this thing, but if he's forced into three way combat, he might be the key to the Worm winning it.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:02 am

Wait what? The Ninja exposing himself? Dude, we have had invisible creatures that have 'shown themselves' outside the ring right?

The Sheep is going to hop all around the competition. Maneuverability and sneak attacks will go over a hallucinogenic worm and a big TIRED bear with little enthusiasm.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:44 am

jannypie wrote: I have no doubt that Lamb Chops can be quick and maybe cut a tendon on Boris, bringing him down, but I just don't see how he can get through the massive size of either of the others in order to do vital damage.
Katana length averages 60-78cm. Kodiak bear skull thickness - 1cm (thank you to al the gun nuts asking about killing stuff on Yahoo Questions for that).

It's all about pressure to a point.

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Y'all have heard of David and Goliath, right? No? Then how about Rocky vs. Drago?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Post by Non-Euclidean Geo. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:31 pm

strawman wrote:Y'all have heard of David and Goliath, right? No? Then how about Rocky vs. Drago?
Yeah, but I haven't heard of David vs. Goliath vs. Leviathan.

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Mikes wrote:
Katana length averages 60-78cm. Kodiak bear skull thickness - 1cm (thank you to al the gun nuts asking about killing stuff on Yahoo Questions for that).

It's all about pressure to a point.
Yeah but would Chops scrawny lamb arms have enough strength to exert the force to get the katana through the skull?
----

jonathancg

Post by jonathancg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:50 pm

What about through the eye socket?

Not that it matters. I mean, with Tommy being around.
Author of "On Dasher", "Old Clara's Favorites", and a host of other tales available online and in print. Check out my site at http://jonathancg.net

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Non-Euclidean Geo. wrote:
strawman wrote:Y'all have heard of David and Goliath, right? No? Then how about Rocky vs. Drago?
Yeah, but I haven't heard of David vs. Goliath vs. Leviathan.
That's the real problem, isn't it? Triangulation, I mean. It's more like a spaghetti western: The good , the bad, and the zombie.

Hey, there you go, Kevin. Courtesy of the Drabblecast.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:23 pm

strawman wrote: The good , the bad, and the zombie.
I would see this film.

angagaur

Post by angagaur » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:46 am

The Meth must flow!

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 am

I think I'm leaning towards Boris with this one, guys. hm
----

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:56 am

Pinko.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:10 am

Look, we have slow and strong, fast and hallucinating vs smart and fast with an array of weapons.

Why would any ninja try to drive it through a skull when there is HUGE array of soft parts available? He doesn't really have armor or anything, right?? Some speedy evasive moves and a few well placed swipes with his sword on tendons and knees, and bang. No bear. How would he even get close to the ninja with no ranged weapons and just a bull charge?

The Meth worm has the range weapons. But all the ninja sheep has to do is blind him with smoke bombs and employ a poison knife. Perhaps jump on his back with climbing gear if he needs to get close.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 am

I'm afraid to say I'm in agreement with Moonowl with regards to Boris. But what's a clear method of attack for BMW? Can Lamp Chop use his mask to filter out the lung-melting attack?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:10 am

tbaker2500 wrote:I'm afraid to say I'm in agreement with Moonowl with regards to Boris. But what's a clear method of attack for BMW? Can Lamp Chop use his mask to filter out the lung-melting attack?
I don't think it's so much of BMW having a noxious attack, more so that regardless of how much he's distracted or out it, which I think he would be most of the time, that it's persistent.

In my mind the only way boris and Chops can take out BMW is by fast, hit and run attacks. Which I think both have the ability to do. wear him down over time.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:35 am

I too am concerned with Tommy's offensive capacity. This will be a tough one-- the sheep is my immediate leaning, but not sure all that training and weaponry will dent either opponent. At the same time, Chun lee could sure beat the hell out of Zangief and Blanka in SSII, if you catch my analogy.

There's been good analysis of this batttle on the surface level so far, but what about Lambchops poinsin-tipped knives? This is a huge sleeper factor, depending on the poison.

I don't think he'll sit back and wait-- Tommy will win in a war of attrition because of his fumes. Boris will go for whoever is easiest to charge at (probably the Meth Worm)-- so the question is how will the Lambergini take advantage of this window? He's got almost no bulk to back up his bite.
"Give us all some Jelly"