MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwhal

Who are you voting for in Round 3 (Author Beasts)?

The Friendly Narwhal
22%
Mongoose
78%
The Unspeakable Duck Creature
No votes
War Mer'chine
No votes

Total votes: 18

boot

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Postby boot » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:27 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:...do you really feel that Narwhal had any reason to be in the fight, or was it a lark?...I don't see much point of putting him in unless there is a cogent argument to be made for how he could fight a Mongoose or War Mer'chine?

How exactly did the Fail Whale get into this list of six in the first place? Someone must have felt he could stand a legitimate chance on the Match.
That was a typographical error--it should have been a blank space.

SEELE_01

Re: MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwha

Postby SEELE_01 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:42 am

Let me just say that these new pictures are fantastic, I burst out laughing at Friendly Narwhal's pic.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 am

SEELE_01 wrote:Let me just say that these new pictures are fantastic, I burst out laughing at Friendly Narwhal's pic.

I totally agree. I hate the Fail Whale and yet he managed to become my desktop image. I worship at the shrine of Bo Kaier.
"Give us all some Jelly"

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:42 am

Also, might I ad-- never before has "speaks English" been recorded as a fighter's strength. We should all be sure to note that in addition to 'questionable agility,' the %&G!&! narwhal is able to speak english.
"Give us all some Jelly"

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:52 am

normsherman wrote:
SEELE_01 wrote:Let me just say that these new pictures are fantastic, I burst out laughing at Friendly Narwhal's pic.

I totally agree. I hate the Fail Whale and yet he managed to become my desktop image. I worship at the shrine of Bo Kaier.

Crap, Bo!!!!!! How can I not vote for the fail whale with that?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: MB4 R3 - Mongoose vs. The UDC vs. War Mer'chine

Postby StalinSays » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:13 am

Thanks everybody.

I'm confined to the passenger seat of a speeding auto for the next 5 days, with only an internet deficient laptop to keep me company - mega beast 'fancy color' versions should have their speediest turn-around yet.

Had to rush up the card backs (AKA stats, powers, weaknesses), some subtle changes may occur by tomorrow night. Nothing sinister, I just was in a rush. Spelling corrections, and the Mer'chine will become slightly more powerful (he was the only one of the four to not receive a second pass {post skirmish tweaking}).

- - -

boot wrote:How exactly did the Fail Whale get into this list of six in the first place? Someone must have felt he could stand a legitimate chance on the Match.

It certainly stood an illegitimate chance.

Absurdity wins 'round these parts. I wouldn't bet the mortgage on him this round though. Sigh.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 pm

Bo, you just continue to outdo yourself man! The personalities that you give the characters makes this as much fun as the ideas of them :lol: Rock on.

Narwhal can speak english, but Mongoose is stone deaf. Narwhal has no defenses. Mongoose eff tee dubya.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

SEELE_01

Postby SEELE_01 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey, Narwhal stood a fair chance. But it seems he's about to learn that the most dangerous negotiator is man himself.

tastycakes

Postby tastycakes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Hey, I think everyone was creaming over Velasquez's ability to speak English last year. Speaking can be a huge strength on the battlefield. Plus, he can logistically disarm his opponents vitriol through speaking English. Sounds like a pretty nice strength to me.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

angagaur

Postby angagaur » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:24 pm

The Narwhale could probably speak the whalesong-like language of the Merfolk, so maybe he could join forces with his aquatic ally, if only for a short time.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 pm

Bandai's in the Narwhal's corner:

Dunno how a koala got to tha Arctic.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

tastycakes

Postby tastycakes » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:15 pm

That is stinkin' awesome. Why can't my Goodwill have quality items like that?
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

potatohamster

Postby potatohamster » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 am

Mikes wrote:Bandai's in the Narwhal's corner:

Dunno how a koala got to tha Arctic.

I got that for Christmas last year!! There is also the Narwhal V. Unicorn play set :twisted:
Life is like that block of bleu cheese hidden in the back of the fridge: stinky and getting moldier.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 am

Hey, hamsterboobs is back!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:11 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Hey, hamsterboobs is back!

ain't no sunshine when she's gone
"Give us all some Jelly"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Mongoose'egg

Postby StalinSays » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:35 am

The voting hegemony of this round is thoroughly disturbing. Look people, we all love the Mongoose, we want one as a companion, tied around our throats at all times, killing at our command, purring, and being the bestest, cutest hyper intelligent house cat / tentacle monster evers. I cannot deny my personal desire for a Mongoose to cuddle and read stories to. But heck'darn'jeepers likability is not the deciding factor of Death Match!

Mongoose is tiny - squishably so! And these opponents don't have readily apparent baby chutes what with to be trespassed through! Blargh. Vote with your callused, dog fighting hearts, not your soft, dog owning hearts.

- - - - -

http://brainz.org/narwhals-jousting-superiority-over-seas/

Let us not gloss over the violent, combative nature of the narwhal. They are sea bastards!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 am

Bo, did you just use a "don't vote for the cute animal" argument and then back the Friendly Narwhal?? :|

Did you forget the part where Mongoose ninja'd that breeder to disgusting bits? It's not like she just sits there. She took out an alien from another dimension that humans were helpless against and repeated fire power merely annoyed. Mongoose is kinda like "the lady in the street but a freak in the bed" cause she's sweet and all, but when it comes down to it, she gets the job done.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

But the Narwhal has a killer smile!
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

potatohamster

Postby potatohamster » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:49 am

normsherman wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:Hey, hamsterboobs is back!

ain't no sunshine when she's gone

Aw shucks, ya'll make me blush! :oops:

Either way, that darn Narwhal gives me the willies, no matter how much it can impale, whether its a Koala or Mongoose... I'd turn tail and run if I saw that face first thing in the morning!
Life is like that block of bleu cheese hidden in the back of the fridge: stinky and getting moldier.

Non-Euclidean Geo.

Re: Mongoose'egg

Postby Non-Euclidean Geo. » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:06 am

StalinSays wrote:But heck'darn'jeepers likability is not the deciding factor of Death Match!

Mongoose is tiny - squishably so! And these opponents don't have readily apparent baby chutes what with to be trespassed through! Blargh. Vote with your callused, dog fighting hearts, not your soft, dog owning hearts.

Cute's got nothing to do with it. On the defensive side Mongoose has got invisiblity and the ability to phase in and out of other dimensions. Explain to me how someone lands a blow on that? Offensively Mongoose can reshape her body into a sharp object and locate an enemy's weakpoint. A couple slashed hoses on steam powered War Merchine and he's an immobile novelty fish bowl. The ways in which Duck and Narwhal can die are myriad. Even if everyone teams up on Mongoose, what difference does it make? She's the single bullet that bounces all over the presidential Cadillac and shoots Kennedy and the Texas Governor multiple times.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 4 (Fall 2010)”