MB4 R3 - UDC vs. War Mer'chine vs. Mongoose vs. F Narwhal

Who are you voting for in Round 3 (Author Beasts)?

The Friendly Narwhal
22%
Mongoose
78%
The Unspeakable Duck Creature
No votes
War Mer'chine
No votes

Total votes: 18

normsherman
Site Admin

Re: MB4 R3 - ??? vs. ??? vs. ???

Post by normsherman » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:58 am

Phenopath wrote:I like the war machines of the merfolk. Those look like a tasty bit of kit, and you know what bastards the merfolk can be.

I like the War Merchine alot too. Mongoose is in my top 3 as well but the 3rd slot is a tough one... can't decide between Snuffles, Smarmy or Duck.
Ducks are bastards, we all know that. Sure, some ducks rape the corpses of other ducks, and that's pretty hardcore-- but that truth only exists by revealing that other ducks are not only getting killed, but then necro-raped afterword. Balances out.
I love the idea of an evil clown in the fight, but truth be told, Smarmy would probably get his ass handed to him if we are to take any evidence from Lake's original story.
Which leaves Snuffles.
So yah, I guess I just found my third.
"Give us all some Jelly"

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:02 am

I'm going with Mongoose and Tark. Tark can run ya over with his bike, and then you know, just get hungry. maybe he even has a gun and a car...
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:44 am

But Tark does not have the aggression, if he has had lunch then he will probably be a no-show.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:12 pm

I going for Mongoose, Duck and Tark.

I've voting for duck, because I want to see how the hell we're going to turn a duck into a mega-beast. Unspeakable horror is all fine and dandy, but mega-beast demands speaking.

Unless, like the Cthulhu RPG, the other beast must pass sanity checks else they go insane.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

angagaur

Post by angagaur » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Quick question.
How many points are forum poll votes worth and how many points is a call in vote worth?

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 pm

angagaur wrote:Quick question.
How many points are forum poll votes worth and how many points is a call in vote worth?
At the moment nothing: only megabeasts.com votes are being totaled, the others are for fun. We will be doing the multi-tiered voting again once the finals have begun.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:33 pm

People, Mongoose is coming fourth in the vote! how did we let this happen! Get your voting hats on and show us what a phase-shifting engineered killing machine can do!
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 pm

normsherman wrote:Sure, some ducks rape the corpses of other ducks, and that's pretty hardcore-- but that truth only exists by revealing that other ducks are not only getting killed, but then necro-raped afterword.
Duck also rapes other live ducks too though, and live rape is a worse offense than necro-rape. Legally speaking. Not that I have cause to know. Ignore that. My point is that Duck obviously cares naught for "rules" and "laws" and silly things like "live or dead" - his badassery has no limits! :twisted: Duck's motto: "I will rip out your eyes with my bill and skull fuck you with my twisted duckcock of RAGE!!"

Go Duck!
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

angagaur

Post by angagaur » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:52 pm

Well Unspeakable Duck is widely believed to be none other than the notorious Fuck Duck, Rape Ape's partner in crime during the infamous 1978 Sodomy Spree which plagued many of our nations zoo's and private menageries. Between them, they are responsible for an estimated 260 bizare births, 619 "traumatic experiences", 156 deaths through "suspicious circumstances", and not a small number of violated corpses.
Though Rape Ape was eventually caught, he never revealed the identity of his accomplice, who is believed to still be at large.
If we can vote Unspeakable Duck into the 3rd Round, perhaps justice can finally be served! I implore you to ask yourselves, would you rather see the Unspeakable Duck bloodied and beaten on the killing fields, or listen to the vicious quacks of Fuck Duck as he rape's your house cat again and again, knowing he is still safe from the law?

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Mikes wrote:People, Mongoose is coming fourth in the vote! how did we let this happen! Get your voting hats on and show us what a phase-shifting engineered killing machine can do!
Seriously people. Seriously. I think we're all just assuming Mongoose is a shoe-in here and slacking on the OCD voting.
When I vote at megabeasts.com and see that damn friendly Narwhol ahead of Mongoose, I tell ya, it just breaks my heart.
You folks know you can vote again from your smart phones right? Get on it!
"Give us all some Jelly"

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm

:lol: I've been kind of distracted. Painted shoes I made for my brother's birthday have turned into a bit of an opportunity to do more ... for money. The pay wouldn't be enough to live on, but it would be a huge help and one day might turn into something I could do full time. :D

Anyway, I do know about the smartphone trick. My top three are Mongoose, Unspeakable Duck, and Tark. Yes, Tark. DINOSAURS OMG U GUISE. I'm totally fangirl for dinosaurs. Under the "you should contact me if" section in my dating profile, it says "if you think your velociraptor impression can beat mine." Not that mine is especially awesome, but having a velociraptor impression contest is an awesome way to spend an evening.

And, besides, any woman who would be interested in doing that is totally up my alley.[/RAMBLE]

C'mon, Mongoose! Narwhal? Seriously? It'd totally be a marine mammal out of water in a MBDM! Know why a kryptonite-plated whale could never beat Superman? Because a whale isn't adapted for land. It's not even adapted for shallowish water.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Perhaps in future seasons there should be an marine mega-beasts, there are too many aquatic mega-beasts who can't compete (hence my slightly desperate Octonaut suggestion)... But that is not to say that the warmachine of the merfolk cannot kick ass in this round.
Phenopath's Story Archive

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:03 pm

The inexplicable rise of the Friendly Narwhal is inexplicable. Twasn't me people - I'm a Smarmy/Snuffles combo voter. FN is third from last in my vote. Dreamrock has accurately identified the reasoning - sea beasts never do well, I'm saving FN the embarrassment (he's such a nice guy).

I continue to vote Mongoose last - she's a shoe-in, whatever false panic might arise here. Look at that poll at the top of the page - it is a mighty spire of Mongoose love. Spires don't lie.

Should I start voting the duck down to avoid an onslaught of blue humor (or bloomer)? It got uncomfortable with Scattercat's honorable defense of special needs individuals - wait until we trip over a forum'ite who is an actual victim of sexual violence. Yeesh. For the record, there is no info on the UDC (unspeakable duck creature) 's proclivities on the card, or examples of salacious materials of the sort being disseminated by the family minded folks at the Death Match corporate offices. That is regular ducks that do those terrible things - the Creatures in Disguise? - they're a totally different species. This is what happens when you take the bible out of schools.

Don't forget, tomorrow (Tuesday) at midnight is the voting cut-off. It's a short round.

Also a short round.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:16 pm

StalinSays wrote: It's a short round.

That was so bad I'm embarrassed for you.

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Phenopath wrote:But that is not to say that the warmachine of the merfolk cannot kick ass in this round.
Yeah, I'm down with War Merchine (though obviously not Top Three Places down :lol: ). I'm not opposed to aquatic combatants if I think they have a chance in hell of being a competitor on land instead of sea food. It's a freakin' steam powered mech! Plus, I'm afraid of fish. Totally serious about that. The full confession is about a year back in the comments of a Dunesteef episode. :oops:
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 pm

StalinSays wrote:I continue to vote Mongoose last - she's a shoe-in, whatever false panic might arise here. Look at that poll at the top of the page - it is a mighty spire of Mongoose love. Spires don't lie.
Bo. You kill me. *ahem* Have you not followed the past two rounds of upsets?!?!?
dreamrock wrote: Under the "you should contact me if" section in my dating profile, it says "if you think your velociraptor impression can beat mine."
GTFO. Galactic fuckin velociraptor impersonation throw down, boi!! IT'S ON!!
I am *well* known for my drunken velociraptor impersonation, which is far more than an impersonation when I hit a certain point, due to the fact that I actually AM a velociraptor.
----

jannypie

Post by jannypie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 pm

I vote twice from my laptop, three times from my desktop, once on my phone and twice on my ipod, when I'm not being lazy. :D
----

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:10 pm

Wow... this round has really brought out the potty mouths on people. The tensions are high and it's not even a 'proper' round. I got in work early this morning to do some voting from other people's computers only to find they lock them all.

It's like they do't trust me or something.

SEELE_01

Post by SEELE_01 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Friendly Narwhal is growing on me. I have no idea why. I think it has something to do with the last sentence being nothing more than "Magical."

angagaur

Post by angagaur » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:54 pm

SEELE_01 wrote:Friendly Narwhal is growing on me. I have no idea why. I think it has something to do with the last sentence being nothing more than "Magical."
He's just so personable!