What exactly is a Mega-Beast? And why are they fighting?

The beast fights have returned - vote to determine which will survive!
Forum rules
[pointless/optional/hopefully fun] [warning: explicit language and subject matter prevails]
--------------------------------------------------
The MBDM is an annual tradition around Drabble'land. It represents an open discussion of bi-weekly match-ups between imaginary 'Mega-Beast' monsters, argued over on a bi-weekly, drunken podcast by bi-curious, weepy hosts Norm, Bo, Kendall, Luke, and Adam.
--------------------------------------------------
A gallery of veteran beasts, seasons 1 - 4, can be seen here. Most are dead now. Don't be sad though; they were never really alive.
StalinSays
Beast-Master

What exactly is a Mega-Beast? And why are they fighting?

Postby StalinSays » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:39 am

The Drabblecast community has grown tremendously over the last year, so many of you out there might not be familiar with the Mega-Beast Death-Match (henceforth refereed to as MBDM) at all. Rather than trying to make sense of the dense topics right away, peep these quickie details:

- The MBDM is a pointless discussion of made-up monsters fighting each other. There is a voting site located at mega-beasts.com, where (soon) you'll pick a favorite critter from a weekly set of 3, and then blab about it here on the DC Forums. The MBDM is just for fun, and not directly tied to the Drabblecast Podcast.

- The original season was discussed in DC episode intros and outros, when episodes numbered in the teens.

- This is the fifth year it has been held, and it will last approximately 3 months

- We have a podcast, Norm is on it and everything. It is though explicit and not really recommended for people with ears and the ability to hear. Definitely not for kids (though it is supremely childish). Subscribe here.

- We have a facebook page at facebook.com/MegaBeasts

- There exists a collectible set of trading cards for seasons 1 - 3. Preview it here.

More detailed information can be found at the MBDM About page / FAQ.

I hope that helps :mrgreen:
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

moonowl

Re: What exactly is a Mega-Beast? And why are they fighting?

Postby moonowl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:47 am

Don't forget that "pointless discussion" goes quickly into the realms of "creative slap talk". Novices to MBDM should not be taken aback by the love affairs of people's parents, callousness towards those who suffer from iron deficiencies, or the lack of sympathy towards certain sore losers from last year. ;)
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 am

Semper Fi, PAINGUIN!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:20 am

The biggest coup that Painguin ever pulled was making moonowl think he was dead.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 am

tbaker2500 wrote:The biggest coup that Painguin ever pulled was making moonowl think he was dead.

HA! I just spit up Bud Light. And not just because it was Bud Light, but because that made me laugh.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Return to “2012 (season V)”