StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: MBDM 2012 - Feed Us Your Beast Suggestions

Postby StalinSays » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:46 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
StalinSays wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:He said "loins."

Focus people, focus.

Didn't like the Kowalrus Bear, eh... Back to the genetic drawing board, I guess...

It's a good thread, but needs a tad more zest. Being a Koala Walrus is fine, but when Norm's wombat is shooting you full of bullets, well, you're sunk - needs another wrinkle to be fielded as a proper competitor. Layers of super-concentrated blubber makes it the wearer of a biological bullet proof vest perhaps?

Feel free to refine and tinker, on a beast thread. Generally 3 wrinkles good. Too much story as means of explanation bad (not that a story is an instant detraction). 'Elephant that teleports, can't see well. Mad scientists made it.' Just because I'm not instantly latching on doesn't mean scrap everything. The picture isn't complete. Also, spitball many ideas, half-baked or otherwise - don't put too many eggs in one radioactive kangaroo rat.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:57 am

Snaketopus.

Using the spare room behind the aquatic and reptile exhibits in the local zoo for your matter teleportation experiments may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but the resulting cephalopod/serpent hybrid suggests otherwise.

Sadly, the scientist got mixed in with the blend, so we now have a creature with 8 highly venomous snaketicles, with a genius (albeit twisted by madness) brain in the central body-mass.

Primary Strength: High intelligence + Multiple venomous attacks
Due to the latent effects of the matter transmission ray, Snaketopus is somewhat out of phase with the material plane and is an exceedingly slippery target.

(As documented on the Drabblecast FB page Snaketopus, like all cephalopods, moves around just fine out of the water...)

(Also, it goes without saying that he has the advantage of being something that the Beastmaster will have great trouble staying away from, artistically speaking... C'mon, Bo. Tell me you DON'T want to draw an octopus with 8 snake tentacles and an oversized brain-bulging cranium...)

themorg

Postby themorg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:27 am

strawman wrote:If your voice is deepening, and you're armpits are getting hairy, this is normal, Morg. It's called Puberty.

You know i have been wondering because at 32 i started feeling different and Girls were no longer the same as women were to me. There is also a loss of ability to self edit is that part of mid 30-s Puberty?

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Snaketopus.

Using the spare room behind the aquatic and reptile exhibits in the local zoo for your matter teleportation experiments may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but the resulting cephalopod/serpent hybrid suggests otherwise.

Sadly, the scientist got mixed in with the blend, so we now have a creature with 8 highly venomous snaketicles, with a genius (albeit twisted by madness) brain in the central body-mass.

Primary Strength: High intelligence + Multiple venomous attacks
Due to the latent effects of the matter transmission ray, Snaketopus is somewhat out of phase with the material plane and is an exceedingly slippery target.

(As documented on the Drabblecast FB page Snaketopus, like all cephalopods, moves around just fine out of the water...)

(Also, it goes without saying that he has the advantage of being something that the Beastmaster will have great trouble staying away from, artistically speaking... C'mon, Bo. Tell me you DON'T want to draw an octopus with 8 snake tentacles and an oversized brain-bulging cranium...)

Nice. Not only that, it can predict the outcome of the Super Bowl. (This is an American Snaketopus, not a Spanish one.)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

strawman

Postby strawman » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:20 am

King of teh Beasts :?:

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:55 am

strawman wrote:

King of teh Beasts :?:

No, Knig fo teh baests...

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 am

Sabre-tooth Veloci-Rhino.

themorg

Postby themorg » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:21 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Sabre-tooth Veloci-Rhino.

Sounds like an ex of mine...

Thick Skinned
Avid predator
Ostentatious and ready for an argument...

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:33 pm

themorg wrote:So sadly all my mind could think of was this
snake/cobra Penis

Both you and Kendall's mom.

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Siaflease

Calculating and vindictive, the siamese cat-flea can pounce unobserved to deliver it's deadly disease-ridden bite. Though the Siaflease can easily breach enemy lines, it is sadly easily distracted by the sound of jingling keys.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:26 am

Cheatah

This notorious gamer is a great big Cheater. While fast and agile, his biggest strength is his ability to find any hole in the rules and exploit it to great dismay of the other participants. The fight suppose to happen at sea? He chooses a sea of sand. The fight supposed to last 5 minutes? He chooses Martian minutes instead of Earth minutes, just to be a dick.
Major weakness is lack of social skills.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Snaketopus / Cheatah / Siaflease - all good.

Some feedback for each candidate, to get them ready for game-time. Creators, let me know how you find these developments, lend thoughts. Peanut gallery, feel free to befoul the air with brain farts as well.

Cheatah is close, needs a couple more wrinkles to make him a real threat. I'm feeling a hacker vibe, want to expound on that. Maybe he realizes we're living in a simulation, and with a slightly Matrix'y tinge, can alter reality in advantageous way? Has a little computer wrist panel sort of deal. Otherwise very fast, very smart, metal claws.

Siaflease - been waiting to use the 'multiples' aspect since Sackoon back in season 2. Maybe there are 5 Siafleas (subtly altering the name to accommodate), each the size of a Labrador (still small in mega-beastian terms). Similar powers. Maybe ditch the poison/disease angle - I'm dead set on Kimono Dragon, and Snaketopus, so we have no shortage of bad bites going this year. Alternatively, play up the toughness of exoskeleton (' covered in bony sclerites '), deadly mandibles (' sawlike bite'), and stealthy ability to remain hidden or penetrate defenses. Same weakness. Also lack of cohesion in pack mentality.

Snaketopus - generally wouldn't change much. Having a smart beast is always good for the mix (he, Sanitee and Chimpanfreak can get beers). Out of phase gets tough to explain. Maybe further the snake and octopus trates instead? IE good at altering shape and mass - can squeeze through a hole the size of a coke can despite being 7 feet tall. Snake heads combine spitting cobra venom and octopus ink for a deadly 1-2 punch. Can lay flat and alter coloration pattern of everything but eyes.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:49 pm

Forum originated beasts are quickly overwhelming the roster of 9 slots. Good concepts this year people! Like Norm with his combat wombat, I feel I should share my originals here and let them face the same pre-selection scrutiny. I'll be back with 3 or 4 of those tonight/tomorrow.

Multiplicity of sources appears to be the theme - I'll keep creators names tied to their critter in the card designs.

Resolve to keep on beastin' - happy dooms'year (2012)!

PS: haven't forgot about the snipes and nautiluses of the world, or any of the other concepts I'm not talking out as much - thinking of balance for the individual rounds of 3. Proposed match-ups flavor my outward showing of favoritism.

PPS: Can anyone further the Rock Lobster concept? I coincidentally drew up a visual for that in my sketchbook for season 3, clearly he's in the zeitgeist. It'll give Norm a great music drop! Sound wave powers? Channels an inner god of rock? Fires water jets (aka the motion of the ocean)?

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Clearing up a few questions Bo raise, re: Snaketopus.

Regarding his teleportific origins, this shouldn't be construed as being Telephant like. Rather, assume the physics behind the Displacer Beast or Blink Dog from your dusty monster manual. Also, due to this effect, or perhaps because of the addled mad-scientist brain's love for the works of Ray Harryhausen, Snaketopus moves in the stop-action style familiar from many of your more lurid 1950's era B-Movie monster flicks.

Regarding his comments on his offensive capabilities, indeed Snaketopus packs both a ranged threat with his Venomously Spewing Cobra-Mamba-Coral snake appendages, stinging ink will be make his adversaries think that they were occupying wall street instead of participating in the MBDM5.

Coming in close, his Pythonacondacles will ensure a love-grip of death, as he draws his enemies into a squeezy mass, sucked dry by the octo-beak to feed the mad-scientist-brain's ravenous hunger.

I dunno. My money's on the beastie...

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 am

Siaflease - been waiting to use the 'multiples' aspect since Sackoon back in season 2. Maybe there are 5 Siafleas (subtly altering the name to accommodate), each the size of a Labrador (still small in mega-beastian terms). Similar powers. Maybe ditch the poison/disease angle - I'm dead set on Kimono Dragon, and Snaketopus, so we have no shortage of bad bites going this year. Alternatively, play up the toughness of exoskeleton (' covered in bony sclerites '), deadly mandibles (' sawlike bite'), and stealthy ability to remain hidden or penetrate defenses. Same weakness. Also lack of cohesion in pack mentality.

I enjoy the sclerites *excellent scrabble word* - the main exoskeleton is a flexible accordian of polished armour which makes traversing, or burrowing in, new rides, a breeze. It all makes for one hell of a pressure-withstander (Have you ever tried to crush one? It can't be done!) The Siafleas hone in on their prey by sensing changes in carbon dioxide, heat and vibrations and then can jump 200x their body height to snuggle up tight to their new host. Once a Siaflea feels threatened or is in full-on-attack mode, it's tail bristles, causing a closing zipper effect of sclerites *there it is again* all the way up to it's swaying, sharpened tip of a tail.
Screw the disease laden bite. All those serrating teeth should be for one purpose only... blood. Blood is what they want and it's the 1st thing they go searching for after they reach their imago adult life cycle. Because after they get blood - they get to reproduce. So you better kill these babies off quick or they'll be making daycares out of the battlefields.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:52 am

The whole swarm issue has come up in recent MBDM's. Just 'cause the beast is small, is it entitled to multiple entries?

Can I have a swarm of Snaketopussies too?

What was the ruling in Hive/Swarm beasts, oh wise and wicked beastmaster?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:49 am

Racoontaur

Half Racoon, half man, half bull.
This beast is very skilled at mesmerizing its victims with interesting stories, narrated skillfully with a well produced soundtrack.
But it's a load of bull in the end, when the Racoontaur washes the victim's corpse in a stream.

Racoontaur young (called "brackets" (derived from brat+cow+kit)) can be a real nuisance when they come in through the cat door to get the cat food (or the cat).

Adults tend to get especially dangerous when confronted with irregular fencing patterns or Greeks with strings attached.

Dan'l Boone wore a coonskin cap. Only Chuck Norris has managed any Racoontaur-pelt haberdashery.

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Only Chuck Norris has managed any Racoontaur-pelt haberdashery.

How awesome.
I bought my dad a Chuck norris calander as one of his gifts for Christmas, and on the back June said If Chuck Norris wants a glass of orange juice, he squeezes Florida.This must be on there too.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Racoontaur

That "new math" is so confusing...

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Racoontaur

That "new math" is so confusing...

Hey, you do advanced demonic recombination your way...

Sometimes more is more or less.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”