MBDM 2012 - Beast Suggestions [take 1]

jannypie

Re: MBDM 2012 - Feed Us Your Beast Suggestions

Postby jannypie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:18 pm

I really like CarpyBarra
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

strawman

Postby strawman » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 pm

This suggestion concerns a proposed improvement in the method of determining MBDM winners.
After watching the 14th Republican presidential "debate" last night, I have concluded that there is no more ridiculous way of determining winners than voting. And here DC is, determining who the most bad-ass fictional beast would be in a frikkin DEATH MATCH by.... voting?

The irony is more than Strawman can bear.

So I propose that we ditch the voting, with its hanging chads and pregnant dimples, and instead actually assume the characters we favor, and have an actual death match throwdown. While in the short run, I realize that we would probably lose Adam and Bo, that loss would be offset by the possibility that the idea could spread to the party nominating contests, and we'd get to see Ron Paul chow down on George Stephanopoulos.

Tell me that wouldn't send a tingle down your leg.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Excellent suggestion, but until someone (hint, hint) desecrates the laws of God and Nature enough to enable such a delightful scenario, we need a practical solution.

Voting only works well when there is a financial incentive. Therefor, everyone pony up $500 for each of their creature proposals. I'll hold the dough until the winners are determined -- my vig is quite competitive.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 pm

strawman wrote:that loss would be offset by the possibility that the idea could spread to the party nominating contests, and we'd get to see Ron Paul chow down on George Stephanopoulos.

mmmmm Stephanopoulos... Do they serve that at the Greek sandwich shop at the mall food court?
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

themorg

Postby themorg » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:28 am

strawman wrote:The irony is more than Strawman can bear.

StrawBear - dweller in the Fox News building slowly eating random interns as they delve deep in to the caves.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 am

PANDYLION

It will stalk you. It will catch you. And it thinks everything tastes like bamboo.
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:29 am

Dr. Ew wrote:PANDYLION

It will stalk you. It will catch you. And it thinks everything tastes like bamboo.

I like it, but Pandemic had his run in season 2, we try not to double up on critters, lest the squid win every year. Now call it Red Pandylion, we're talking.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:57 am

Nuclear Mole Rat
A naked mole rat, irradiated, swelled to the size of a hippo. Hairless, nearly blind (though makes up for this keen nose). A loathsome, rat creature. Burrows beneath the ground. Releases pheromones, robbing opponents will to fight. Huge incisors. Vomits forth toxic waste, emits waves of radiation.

Onsloth
Long hidden in the heart of the amazon, thought to be only a legend, Onsloth, the fearsome, terrestrial ancestor of the tree sloth. This 25 foot tall behemoth is nearly impervious to pain, possessing tremendous, swiping claws on lengthy forelimbs, swung with elephantine strength. Covered in a symbiotic bacteria, which tints fur green. Bacteria heals wounds over time, but is conversely caustic to opponents. Weakness? Well.. it's a sloth.

Necromander
The familiar of ancient warlock, breed for sinister purposes. A black and red, alligator-sized salamander, whose patterning resembles runes. A practitioner of the dark arts itself, utilizes curses and spell-casting more than physical purposes. Able to raise and subjugate the recent dead.

Camelflage
A product of the boundless opulence of Dubai, from deep within an Oil prince's private lab emerges a beast made with all the best. A spitting camel, with reserves of napalm in its twin humps. Cutting edge synthetic camo serves as its skin, allowing for near invisibility, when stationary. Reinforced with a bullet stopping mesh, making the creature deceptively tough.

T-Wreck
A t-rex cloned from fossilized DNA. Monstrous in size and ferocity. Stunningly intelligent, in way dinosaurs were never thought to be. But therein the problem - T-wreck carries an ancestral memory of extinction, of its species, and tits mate. He's not taking it all that well..

Pig Iron
The remains of Hogzilla, melded in to a homunculus of iron, returned to life with dark magic. This golem of gore swings its metallic appendages with bone-crushing force. Corpse inside shell is sole point of vulnerability. Movement cause grinding of metal, which flakes of and surrounds the creature in a choking smoke.

Chaoyote
This shape-shifting trickster of Native American lore. Can take any form, and adopt the powers of others (though not quite as potently). Enjoys sowing chaos, revels in irony and the undoing of headstrong foes.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:09 am

Pig Iron and T-Wreck have +1 Pun Power.

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm

StalinSays wrote:
Dr. Ew wrote:PANDYLION

I like it, but Pandemic had his run in season 2, we try not to double up on critters, lest the squid win every year. Now call it Red Pandylion, we're talking.

I'm thinking I may have to pick up some trading cards and bone up on my beasts. Research, that is.

ps I heart Necromander
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Dr. Ew wrote:I'm thinking I may have to pick up some trading cards and bone up on my beasts. Research, that is.

No worries - I don't want it to seem like this is a qualified discussion, and erect barriers based on past participation. Newbies are highly desired! Start spit-balling, all are welcome!

I merely note because I like the idea, but would be leaving it out of heats competition, for the aforementioned redundancy. Don't feel scolded; my intent is prevent any hurt feelings when Pandylion is left off those lists. It's a completely usable Mega-Beast in a vacuum!

(Do buy cards, we love them, and they're neat stuff!) So you know, the full list of critters from season 1-4 can be seen here: http://bokaier.deviantart.com/gallery/26512339.

A couple of those we created as concepts, and I finished them off to be cards, but they never actually were voted on or talked about on the podcast. So the animal would be free. Let me make it simple - the following list is all critters we've done, and are generally off the table:

Official List of Previously Done Critters
hippo elephant crab mole squid owl panda shark manatee rhino hornet wolverine yeti armadillo tanuki alligator penguin unicorn spider kangaroo sea turtle lion chimpanzee minotaur triceratops/stegasaurus lamb brown bear mongolian death worm raptor

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Ursus Oops'us

Also known as Ursus Doofus, is the largest in the bear genus. It stands between 16 - 19 feet when erect, meaning the everage WWE wreslter would be staring into its crotch (just before he had his head taken off by an affronted mega-bear), but prefers all fours where the speed it can generate through its powerful legs truly comes into play.

The Oops'us's lungs are found to be twice as large as would be expected for an animal of its size, with the benefit that even as the beast runs and fights its massive muscles become more oxygenated, so it actually gets more energised as it fights than tires out.

The reason why the mega-predator is not as well known and firmly on the endangered list is due to its size. it's high running speed and razor sharp claws mean its prone to find itself tripping over its own long logs and impailing itself on... itself.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Oyemeba

An oozing mass of living slime, able to split itself into multipuple pools, seeping through permiable surfaces to gather and congeal in unexpected places before launching itself on its prey, covering and dissolving them in acided goo.

Cons: cannot fight on the sabbath and is liable to stop fighting to lament its son not going to medical school.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 am

T-wreck carries an ancestral memory of extinction, of its species, and tits mate. He's not taking it all that well..

I'm be pretty pissed off if my tit's mate went extinct too. Just sayin. :lol:
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:54 am

DragonFly:

Giant 10 foot mutant insect from the Devonian brought back to life by some smarty-ass scientist who never watched movies. The fossil record did not reveal that this dragon-fly breathes napalm-like fire. Highly maneuverable int he air with surprisingly strong reinforced wings. Very aggressive- really likes carrion, but carrion has a bad habit of being alive first.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:05 am

Slammoth

Japanese scientists thought they were being smart, reconstituting mammoth DNA recovered from Siberia... until they cloned one back to life. You see, there was a recent ancient man banded together, ignoring all their tribal differences, to hunt these great beasts to extinction. Mammoth's weren't herbivores, their trunks were designed for grasping prey to pull them into their great mouths, and if the animal in questions was too big to eat in one go then it would charge at it with great speed, splatting against any nearby surface until it resembled crab paste.

The Japanese Slammoth escaped not long after the sceintists discovered this, and the government had to fake an earth, tsunami and nuclear meltdown to hide the destruction the escaping beast left in its wake.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Keep em coming!

I want to see about making heat ready beasts arise out of some of our hanging threads - if anyone has ideas to lend, we can create some worthy monstrosities!

1. RAPtor - I really like a hip-hop competitor, with metal grill teeth and blinding bling - bully idea, just bully. But the Scraptor, a cyborg raptor was a prominent figure of season 2. Could we dredge up another critter to MC this power set?

2. That Crazy Squirrel - he eats paint, he's crazy, we want him. But what is the pun, and what are the powers?

3. Honey Badger - loaded with comedic possibilities, but the name on the table is the name of the creature itself (equivalent to Shockodile being named Crocodile). Can we brainstorm that? Also, I was thinking of him as partially gelatinous, made of actual honey, sort of Sandman from Spiderman style. He can stick opponents to ground, spike their sugar levels, and indirectly wield a swarm of killer bees. Eh, eh?

4. Goreshoe Crab - we got the beast, the name, but what are the powers?

5. Giant Extra-Dimensional Tapeworm - Really like the idea, but it needs one more mega-beasty twist to get it over the top, or at least a pun name. Also, thinking about wrinkles, how about pairing the worm with another beast, playing to the parasite angle. Take something already pretty dangerous, but generally docile, corrupting it's nature and turning it to an insatiable fiend? Maybe an herbivore? A water buffalo /bison maybe? Something we associate with tapeworms?

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:10 pm

1. How about a tiger - Lil Stripe?

2. Nutsy?

3. That's a tough one. Hunny Badger? King Sticky? idunno

4. Partially fossilized with robotic joints and a reanimated brain?

5. Symbiatrocity (Symbiotic / atrocity)
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:19 pm

bo_puppet wrote:1. How about a tiger - Lil Stripe?

2. Nutsy?

3. That's a tough one. Hunny Badger? King Sticky? idunno

4. Partially fossilized with robotic joints and a reanimated brain?

5. Symbiatrocity (Symbiotic / atrocity)

Oh puppet me, you're the best friend I could ever ask for / deserve!

-----------

PS - end of day today, for my own records, I'll be editing posts in this topics, and taking all the heats-bound beasts and turning their names scary red. Keep contributing ideas, and tinkering if your idea is under threat of being excluded. Actual heats start tomorrow night. This topic will be locked at that point. (6 pm West Coast time)

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

StalinSays wrote:1. RAPtor - I really like a hip-hop competitor, with metal grill teeth and blinding bling - bully idea, just bully. But the Scraptor, a cyborg raptor was a prominent figure of season 2. Could we dredge up another critter to MC this power set?

Isn't there a Komodo Dragon in the mix already? Rebrand him RAPtile and give him the bling.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”