MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Christi wrote:
strawman wrote:Huzzah Huzzah!!
Houston, we've got TENTACLES!


My tentacles, combined with Bo's artistic flair could be used to create a combatant.... we could call him the "Artopus" and it can use its quick sense of humor to create several caricatures of the other competitors at high speed. This will cause them to see all there silly little flaws thereby creating a terrible inferiority complex.
All the ladies watching will fall in love with him (because the ladies dig a tormented artistic soul) and beg him to take them into his tentacle embrace and…..well, that’s enough of that…..
:oops:

There can NEVER be enough of THAT around these here parts.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby StalinSays » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

Morg, wrong circle. I'm a sadist, not a masochist.

Thanks again everyone. But we already had a mega-beast endowed with my powers - Cheatah - lacks social skills.

ROU, put 'tentacle' in a google image search - you'll have enough, for these parts, or any other.

And thanks Christi, if only that type of enthusiasm crackled in the air of southern California. I think it's the smog that dampens it.

Torment they love - the slightest hint of pessimism, might as well be a monk. Sigh.. if it matters any to the rest of the world: pessimists, we don't like us either.

If you ever wonder why the animals all have angry eyes - that's where I channel this stuff.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

User avatar
Christi
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Californian Bimbo's...what do they know!!??? In South Africa, we love pessimism. We live for scoffing in the general direction of optimism, it just what we do.

User avatar
Christi
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:02 pm

to all the lovely Californian gals out there who read these forums....Sorry I didnt mean you, clearly you all have superior intelligence. Please don’t send me hate mail.

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby StalinSays » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Image

You were calling them tasty snack cakes. No need to back off it - totally endearing.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

User avatar
Christi
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:20 pm

yeah, thats totally what I meant. Thanks, that was a nice save.

User avatar
Candiboy
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa, The Very Third World

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Candiboy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:22 pm

StalinSays wrote:Image

You were calling them tasty snack cakes. No need to back off it - totally endearing.


Everybody loves being called tasty! And here in deepest darkest africa, being called food is a really good compliment- as its pretty scarce!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

User avatar
Candiboy
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa, The Very Third World

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Candiboy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:24 pm

Christi wrote:
strawman wrote:Huzzah Huzzah!!
Houston, we've got TENTACLES!


My tentacles, combined with Bo's artistic flair could be used to create a combatant.... we could call him the "Artopus" and it can use its quick sense of humor to create several caricatures of the other competitors at high speed. This will cause them to see all there silly little flaws thereby creating a terrible inferiority complex.
All the ladies watching will fall in love with him (because the ladies dig a tormented artistic soul) and beg him to take them into his tentacle embrace and…..well, that’s enough of that…..
:oops:

And Christi, online I see, googling tentacles! Tsk tsk!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

User avatar
Christi
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Candiboy wrote:
StalinSays wrote:Image

You were calling them tasty snack cakes. No need to back off it - totally endearing.


Everybody loves being called tasty! And here in deepest darkest africa, being called food is a really good compliment- as its pretty scarce!



Oh c'mon its not that bad. We do have food, we just dont have electricity to cook it with.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby strawman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm

OMG!

MBDM - The battlefield is in your head!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Candiboy
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa, The Very Third World

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Candiboy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:38 pm

Christi wrote:
Candiboy wrote:
StalinSays wrote:Image

You were calling them tasty snack cakes. No need to back off it - totally endearing.


Everybody loves being called tasty! And here in deepest darkest africa, being called food is a really good compliment- as its pretty scarce!



Oh c'mon its not that bad. We do have food, we just dont have electricity to cook it with.


But at least we have discovered fire...!

Maybe we should have a squid BBQ, its wonderfully DC!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

User avatar
Candiboy
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa, The Very Third World

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby Candiboy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 pm

strawman wrote:OMG!

MBDM - The battlefield is in your head!


So thats where I put it! I was looking for it everywhere!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby StalinSays » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:16 am

Tidbits:

I'm swapping the Ass Hat Magic Spider for Solar Bear. I had originally thought AHMS to be a cheeky toss away Dunesteef reference - upon clarification/investigation, that is only partially true: it became a running gag, but the AHMS is also a full-on Dunesteef story. To use it, without asking the author specifically, could potentially lead to undesirable misunderstandings. So unless someone has a direct line to Scott Westerfeld, I'm going to avoid even the potential for kerfuffle and swap it out, despite the cool powers, and me liking spiders. Additionally, Solar Bear does wonders for the heat organization - the Ursine Heat is now strictly ursine, and The Snipelouphagus gets moved to Oddballs, which fits, as it is odd.

Next, I'm swapping the AI-ai in for the Turmanchilla. Truthfully, neither creature are pests. The Turmanchilla does seem closer, as it is a rodent and Ai Ai's are lemurs, but the round is heavy with physical attack oriented beasts, so it makes the Turmanchilla samey, and not as fun. Better mix of powers, more lively discussion.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: MBDM 2012 Round 0 - Heats - Explanation

Postby themorg » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:21 am

StalinSays wrote:Tidbits:


What ever tidbits is it seems super powerful and i will bow down to its glory...and even erect a shrine to its glory if it tells me to.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby StalinSays » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 am

Tube-Lipped Meno-Bat - candiboy's creation - we can do better (than that name). I think we can. Idunno.

Anyone got any pun ideas for a moody, hormonal, aggressive and angry bat woman monster, with a firing tongue and leathery wings?

BAT + (something else)

Some brainstormed words:
estrogen
hormone
misogynistic
PMS
hot flashes
projectile
moody
menstrual
wingspan
panic
swoop

Batstrogen is what I got. Anyone? Beuller? .....Beuller?
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

User avatar
Christi
Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 am
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby Christi » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 am

StalinSays wrote:Tube-Lipped Meno-Bat - candiboy's creation - we can do better (than that name). I think we can. Idunno.

Anyone got any pun ideas for a moody, hormonal, aggressive and angry bat woman monster, with a firing tongue and leathery wings?

BAT + (something else)

Some brainstormed words:
estrogen
hormone
misogynistic
PMS
hot flashes
projectile
moody
menstrual
wingspan
panic
swoop

Batstrogen is what I got. Anyone? Beuller? .....Beuller?


How on earth are we (the general drabblers) supposed to come up with something more awesome than the mighty genius of STALINSAYS... Batstrogen is great...

I have teleconferenced with Candiboy though and We came up with Chiropterror? (a play on the latin word for bat)

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3499
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 pm

StalinSays wrote:Anyone got any pun ideas for a moody, hormonal, aggressive and angry bat woman monster, with a firing tongue and leathery wings?


Yeah, "Batstrogen" is good.

"Bat el Ex" (pronounced "Battleaxe") might be fun.

However, "Cindy" is the deadly-accurate term.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
StalinSays wrote:Anyone got any pun ideas for a moody, hormonal, aggressive and angry bat woman monster, with a firing tongue and leathery wings?


Yeah, "Batstrogen" is good.

"Bat el Ex" (pronounced "Battleaxe") might be fun.

However, "Cindy" is the deadly-accurate term.

Bat el Ex. Damn. That's FTW.

The Old bat. That BattleAxe. Crap, gotta deal with the Ex. You went meta with that one, ASID.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby strawman » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Bat LX

Might also have fine Corinthian leather wings.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
StalinSays
Beast-Master
Posts: 1709
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am
Location: West Los Angeles, CA
Contact:

Re: MBDM 2012 - Heats - Overview

Postby StalinSays » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Good work team!

I'm hovering between Bat el Ex and Bat LX now. Neither 100% fit the critter I drew. It's the Cathy* of giant purple bat monsters. El Ex suggests she has a Latin swagger (also, more annoyingly, it's the masculine form, it should be the pun ruining Bat La Ex). LX makes me think of a car model, and luxury, and she's sort of a mess.

*
Image

The Tube Lipped Nectar Bat is from Ecuador, according to Wikipedia. So that's the tie-breaker, unless someone gets hit with one last bolt of inspiration.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com


Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

cron