MBDM 2012 - Fanged Heat

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Combat
28%
Oczealot
5%
Cheatah
16%
Chaoyote
7%
Siaflease
44%

Total votes: 43

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Fanged Heat

Postby StalinSays » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:21 am

WINNER: SIAFLEASE

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Combat
Nature: Wombat
Size: 4' (Long) 4'5" (Tall, standing)
Weight: 270 lbs
An ultra-agile wombat, where all 4 of his limbs just happen to be regenerating ninja turtle weapons. Able to balance on the Bo staff leg and kick ass with the other 3, or just hurl himself like a throwing star. A really confusing throwing star.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Oczealot
Nature: Ocelot wild cat
Size: 3' (Long) 3' (Tall)
Weight: 250 lbs
Holy ocelot, sent to teach man its folly. Defense is turning and running while a tail-end beam bursts with divine light, turning enemies into pillars of salt. Excellent feline attacks when not in retreat. Can lull one to sleep with philosophical religious discussions.

Beast 3:
Cheatah
Nature: Cheetah
Size: 6' (Long) 4' (Tall)
Weight: 400 lbs
This notorious gamer is a great big Cheater. While fast and agile, his biggest strength is his ability to find any hole in the rules and exploit it to great dismay of the other participants. The fight suppose to happen at sea? He chooses a sea of sand. The fight supposed to last 5 minutes? He chooses Martian minutes instead of Earth minutes, just to be a dick. Can create a localized distortion field in which things can behave how he describes them. Major weakness is lack of social skills.

Beast 4:
Chaoyote
Nature: Coyote
Size: 4' (Long) 3'2" (Tall) (can alter shape)
Weight: 300 lbs (can alter weight)
This shape-shifting trickster of Native American lore. Can take any form, and adopt the powers of others (though not quite as potently). Enjoys sowing chaos, revels in irony and the undoing of headstrong foes.

Beast 5:
Siaflease
Nature: Siamese Cat / Fleas
Size: 4' (Long) 4' (Tall) (x5 - five to a pack)
Weight: 300 lbs (x5)
Calculating and vindictive, this pack of 5 siamese cat-fleas, the size of Labrador retrievers, pounce unobserved to deliver deadly bites via sawlike, serrated mandibles. Leaping bounds allow for hasty, silent traversal of battlefield. Covered in bony sclerites. Can attach to and remain hidden on larger enemies. Heat vision. Though the Siaflease can easily breach enemy lines, they are easily distracted by the sound of jingling keys. Pack behavior of questionable precision.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: MBDM 2012 - Fanged Heat

Postby StalinSays » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 pm

For anyone perplexed by the Fist'Em System for voting, it's (hopefully) simple. An individual can cast a maximum of 4 votes on 1 beast per heat, during the week that the heat runs.

We're trying to cast a wider net this year, get more people voting, get more internet citizens puzzled and investigating the beast phenomenon! So for MBDM 2012 we're allowing for voting across multiple social networks, not just the homegrown stuff in the forums/megabeasts.com. No more daily, slavish, task voting and furrowed brows people!

A maximized vote of +4 would be: vote on the poll here, comment on the facebook page, tweet with the hash tag #MBDM2012 twitter, and comment on Bo's (my) Deviant Art post. Of course, an individual can stick with their preference (maximized voting is encouraged, but isn't mandatory - votes all count the same).

I'll have the total here on Wednesday January 25th, at which point the topic will be locked. All votes will be public, so you can check my math. Happy beasting - feel free to influence peers by commenting on this topic.

Links:

Votes using the twitter hash tag: https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23MBDM2012

The MegaBeast facebook page, including votes shown there: http://www.facebook.com/MegaBeasts

The DeviantArt post on which to comment, and votes contained there on: http://bokaier.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Beast-Death-Match-2012-Heats-1-2-3-280056850
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:45 pm

Cheetah sorta looks like the girl with the Dragon Tattoo, am I right?

Gonna be a close vote. Ocelot appears to be suffering by the split kitty vote.

Uncle Norm is pulling hard for Combat, but tell me people, how is he beating a trickster god, or a pack of tough shelled, blood thirsty flea monsters?
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:21 am

bo_puppet wrote:Cheetah sorta looks like the girl with the Dragon Tattoo, am I right?

spot on
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:29 am

Combat... is pretty damned awesome
Oczealot... turning beasts into pillars of salt is a pretty damn impressive power
Cheatah... everyone knows hackers have weirdo superpowers incomprehensible to the average person
Chaoyote... impressive skills, chaos may distract/chase off the others
Siaflease... honestly, pretty damned scary IMO!

Alright, I've decided... the phrase "serrated mandibles" does it. I vote for Siaflease.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 am

Combat is too awesome for me to resist.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:51 am

Awesome drawings, dude. I love Cheetah's look. (BTW, don't think you meant January 15 deadline.)

But I think my favorite out of this lot is Combat. The name is funny, but the weapons are lethal. I perceive Cheetah stating that his clothes are actually completely impenetrable. But Combat just smashes his computer. (Oh, I didn't think of that!)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:34 am

I have to get behind the antipodean animal. Doesn't hurt that it's the most awesome.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:33 pm

bo_puppet wrote:Uncle Norm is pulling hard for Combat, but tell me people, how is he beating a trickster god, or a pack of tough shelled, blood thirsty flea monsters?

cant resist this guy (plus, his Norm's creation...how can he not win??!)

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Combat all the way. i chose him before i realized i was sucking up to the boss, so its a win/win.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:42 pm

Fleas? Really, people? A little dab of Frontline, and poof, they're history!
Chiggers I could respect. Regurgitating flesh-dissolving stomach acid is awesome, plus they're invisible.
Bedbugs I could fear. Causes old friends and relatives to deny they ever knew you.
Fleas are just miniature circus animals.
Attachments
Flea-Circus.jpg
Flea-Circus.jpg (30.06 KiB) Viewed 7102 times
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 pm

strawman wrote:Fleas? Really, people? A little dab of Frontline, and poof, they're history!

They're Labrador sized, so it's more 'Dog and Pony Show' than circus.

I'm still repping for my girl* Cheatah in this dark hour! She sets the rules, so ninja stars might weigh a ton and fall out of the sky once they get within field range. Or Combat goes in for the close range kill, but suddenly his weapons become ingrown and pierce his brain!

And that's math and programming, we also got shaman magic and the light of the lord up in this fight. He might be a ninja wombat, but damnit, Combat is too pedestrian to take this fight!

*Yes, I arbitrarily decided Cheatah is a girl. The 'ah is feminine sounding.

Candiboy

Postby Candiboy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Christi wrote:
cant resist this guy (plus, his Norm's creation...how can he not win??!)

*Brown noser* ;-P

Tho I agree, it has to Combat, he's got ninja powers, so the other fighters wouldn't see him coming. As none of the other fighters are pirates, he's got nothing to fear.
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:03 pm

strawman wrote:Fleas? Really, people? A little dab of Frontline, and poof, they're history!

If these suckers can jump 200x their height of 4', you will need 800' worth of Frontline in order for it to be a problem, where bringing 800' of the stuff to a battlefield would be more of one.

It is true, I am a Combat fan, and if Siaflease were in a different category, I'd be voting different.
But alas... with great many pardons to Mr. Sherman, I will boldly declare my vote to the blood-sucking-insane-jumping-sclerite-armoured-fiendish-feline-flea-terror.

I'm adding Imaginary Hybrid Beast Lobbyist to my C.V. as well.

P.S. - the picture of the flea circus is amazeballs.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

Dr. Ew wrote:If these suckers can jump 200x their height of 4', you will need 800' worth of Frontline in order for it to be a problem, where bringing 800' of the stuff to a battlefield would be more of one.

Given the physics of a 2mm flea being able to jump 90cm. If it were the size of a human that would equate to 2.8km (thank you Oxford University Press). Now, given that the force of the jump has to happen at the very beginning of a jump, because the flea receives no additioal help through the arc, that kick would shatter concrete and punch through steel and, more importantly, break everybone in its legs. Additionally, when it landed every other bone would also shatter.

I short, giant fleas suck. Combat's where it's at. Or it would be, if it weren't a ninja, and not where you think it is.

munsi

Postby munsi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Ninja wombat? WANT! I just want that as a pet/sidekick! I vote Combat

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:52 am

i might be inclined to agree, if it weren't for the sclerites that shield and absorb Siaflease's take off and re-entry. There will be no broken appendages. They are pressure withstanders, and the only thing they are breaking is their competitors.

ps (Go Combat go!)

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:09 am

They can withstand a landind at flea size because they're that; flea sized. INcrease their mass and the force exerted on them expands exponentailly.

Yes we're talking about fights to the death between made up beasties, but let's not forget physics, eh? :wink:

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:34 am

Mikes wrote:they're that; flea sized. INcrease their mass and the force exerted on them expands exponentailly.

Size: 4' (Long) 4' (Tall) (x5 - five to a pack)
Weight: 300 lbs (x5)

They're bigger than fleas. Flea sized compared to a big un' like the Spicy Tuna, but in (imaginary) actuality, the pack is 5 times the size of Combat, the current frontrunner.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 am

My point is you can't increase the size and keep the same jumping power. The bones of larger creatures cannot stand the stress that the exoskeletons of tiny ones can take at that size. Both the kick off (which would be uncontrolled anyway, due to the ground beneath their feet collapsing under the force of the push) would break their legs, and the landing would doe likewise for the rest of the bones while their insides are turned into the consistancy of soup. That there's five of them just means five bowls of soup.

Meanwhile Combat's sat back, drinking green tea and wondering who he'll fight next.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”