MBDM 2012 - Aqua Heat

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Rock Lobster
7%
Gobblin' Shark
7%
The Spicy Tuna
14%
Phantom Ray
39%
Stoned Crab
32%

Total votes: 28

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Aqua Heat

Postby StalinSays » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

WINNER: PHANTOM RAY

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Rock Lobster
Nature: Lobster
Size: 12' (Long) 6' (Tall)
Weight: 5 tons
A giant lobster, with granite like shell, imbued with power of rock and roll. Can shake the ground beneath it, via seismic waves which it calls the 'motion of the ocean.' Blasts rock tunes for sonic assault. Terrifically strong and quick; its muscles flexin' its flippers flippin.'

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Gobblin' Shark
Nature: Goblin Shark / Tapeworm
Size: 6' (standing) 13' (Long)
Weight: 500 lbs (dimensions of tapeworm are immeasurable)
An air-breathing, giant goblin shark, with bladed fins for arms and protrusible jaws of dagger like teeth (mouth can extend up to 4 feet from body). Senses foes via electricity. Hacks up the meat of is competitors to feed its insatiable hunger. Why so ravenous? A giant extra-dimensional tapeworm, that gorged it's way from another dimension, now emanates from the bottom of the Gobblin' Shark's guts.

Beast 3:
Spicy Tuna
Nature: Tuna fish
Size: 36' (Long) 12' (Tall)
Weight: 15 tons
Born of the same sludge that once bred the mighty Godzilla, Japanese import the Spicy Tuna presents a more quizzical, but no less lethal threat. An air-breathing, land walking tuna fish, the size (and weight) of a milk truck. It's scales are fine and easily shed, abrasive to the touch en masse, and worse, intensely irritating. Knowing this, the Spicy Tuna will release bellows of the stuff, swirling around it like clouds of mace. Can raise body temperature to a boil, leading to its preferred method of attack: laying atop felled pray until it heat and weight melts the foe to nothing. Spicy Tuna may be served raw, but that hasn't reduced its love of cooking!

Beast 4:
Phantom Ray
Nature: Manta Ray
Size: 25' (across)
Weight: 3 tons
An air-breathing, flight enabled manta ray. Via stealth technology can become 90% invisibility. Able to break sound barrier, fire projectile spikes from its tail, wrap it's "wings" around opponent's head to smother, and drop a pair of concussive missiles.

Beast 5:
Stoned Crab
Nature: Stone crab
Size:6' (wide) 5' (tall)
Weight: 2 tons
A huge, air breathing stone crab. It regenerates its limbs if detached. Primary means of attack: intoxicates enemy by sacrificing a delicious claw, and clips off their head with remaining appendage. Flesh is hallucinogenic when consumed, and causes a deep euphoria. Breath also a potent intoxicant. Impossibly high tolerance to all known substances.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

More on the fist!

Postby StalinSays » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 pm

For anyone perplexed by the Fist'Em System for voting, it's (hopefully) simple. An individual can cast a maximum of 4 votes on 1 beast per heat, during the week that the heat runs.

We're trying to cast a wider net this year, get more people voting, get more internet citizens puzzled and investigating the beast phenomenon! So for MBDM 2012 we're allowing for voting across multiple social networks, not just the homegrown stuff in the forums/megabeasts.com. No more daily, slavish, task voting and furrowed brows people!

A maximized vote of +4 would be: vote on the poll here, comment on the facebook page, tweet with the hash tag #MBDM2012 twitter, and comment on Bo's (my) Deviant Art post. Of course, an individual can stick with their preference (maximized voting is encouraged, but isn't mandatory - votes all count the same).

I'll have the total here on Wednesday January 25th, at which point the topic will be locked. All votes will be public, so you can check my math. Happy beasting - feel free to influence peers by commenting on this topic.

Links:

Votes using the twitter hash tag: https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23MBDM2012

The MegaBeast facebook page, including votes shown there: http://www.facebook.com/MegaBeasts

The DeviantArt post on which to comment, and votes contained there on: http://bokaier.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Beast-Death-Match-2012-Heats-1-2-3-280056850
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

bo_puppet

Re: MBDM 2012 - Aqua Heat

Postby bo_puppet » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:41 pm

Stoned Crab with the early lead! Placing the other beasts in to a euphoric state and snipping off their heads, because his tolerance is way higher - I get it, quite an edge. But what about the Spicy Tuna? He's the size of a buss - it'll take a lot of crab meat to get him high! Also, why would Phantom Ray even get that low to the ground - he'd be bombing him betwixt the clouds. Think group dynamics folks!
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:14 am

Phantom Ray doesn't even have a head! Down with Stoned Crab, that grass-ping crustacean, that weed-whacking weirdo, that strange-vegetarian-torture dish, that zoned-out bozo. Phantom Ray takes the day!
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:37 am

Sorry Charlie, I'm going with the Tuna.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm

it has to be Phantom Ray - he can fly for crying out loud!!!!!
Although, I am tempted to vote for Gobblin Shark ...that Tape Worm, man, it makes him cool, so DC worthy - he should win just for that!

Candiboy

Postby Candiboy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:05 pm

Christi wrote:it has to be Phantom Ray - he can fly for crying out loud!!!!!
Although, I am tempted to vote for Gobblin Shark ...that Tape Worm, man, it makes him cool, so DC worthy - he should win just for that!

Sorry, it has to be Gobblin Shark! I mean is all awesomeness! He's got it all covered! Dagger like teeth with a mouth that can extend! And a giant extra dimensional tapeworm!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:11 pm

We're getting goin now. Just crank the trash talk up to 11 and let it rock.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

munsi

Postby munsi » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Looks like Everybody Loves Phantom Ray!

...no, but seriously, Phantom Ray's gonna mess you up.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 pm

I have to go Rock Lobster. Partly for the Motion of the Ocean attack move, partly because I love the B52s so damn much.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:53 am

Phantom Ray is going to have a tough time does enough damage from up high, but I do believe that he will outlast his opponents. While the tapeworm is awesome, I have to go with Phantom Ray!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:55 am

I'll have the total here on Wednesday January 15th, at which point the topic will be locked. All votes will be public, so you can check my math.

Bo, can you clarify this time-defying sentence?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:10 am

Munsi, that makes it 3 for 3.

Great minds think alike.

Apparently, so do yours and mine.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:31 am

Rock Lobster has already been neutered by a one-sided record-label contract. He gets less than nothing from music sales and radio play. He's forced to tour and sell overpriced T-shirts just to scrape a living.

His venues are limited because every bar and pizza joint keeps trying to boil him before he gets on stage.

Djinndustries

Postby Djinndustries » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

Look, with a dislocatable jaw and a tapeworm that can eat through spacetime, a granite-like shell isn't going to do shit for you. And cloaking ability? Useless against something that can detect your neuronal impulses. And, let's be fucking honest, isn't spicy tuna one of the root causes of tapeworm? If anything, it'd just make him stronger. And delicious crab?--lunch.

Gobblin' Shark trumps them all.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”