MBDM 2012 - Fossil Heat

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Onsloth
8%
The Dreadnaughtilus
54%
Slammoth
8%
Trilofight
15%
T-Wreck
15%

Total votes: 26

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Fossil Heat

Postby StalinSays » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:42 am

WINNER: THE DREADNAUGHTILUS

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
The Dreadnaughtilus
Nature: nautilus
Size: 32' (Long) 18' (Tall)
Weight: 2 tons
A gigantic chambered nautilus capable of achieving buoyancy in air by filling chambers with hydrogen. Armed and armored like the Dreadnought-class battleships of the early 20th century. If that wasn't bad enough, this beast was raised with the rabid imperialist mindset that defined the early 1900 European empires. Air torpedoes (so yeh, missiles) erupt from the end of its tentacled maw, with the range of hundreds of yards (though accuracy falls sharply). Missiles too risky to use at close range; goes big time boom boom if armored shell is compromised. Central exhaust valve in center of tentacles blasts scalding steam. Tentacles tipped with retractable bayonets.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Onsloth
Nature: megatherium - ground sloth
Size: 21' (tall) 14' (Reach)
Weight: 10 tons
Long hidden in the heart of the amazon, thought to be only a legend, Onsloth, the fearsome, terrestrial ancestor of the tree sloth. This 25 foot tall behemoth is nearly impervious to pain, possessing dagger like claws on lengthy forelimbs, swung with elephantine strength (can lift twice own body weight). Covered in a symbiotic bacteria, which tints fur green. Bacteria heals wounds over time, but are conversely caustic when spread opponents. On top of all this, actually pretty quick. Weakness? Well.. its uh, sloth (lazy, and generally inactive unless thoroughly provoked).

Beast 3:
Slammoth
Nature: wooly mammoth
Size: 22' (Long) 15' (Tall) 9' (trunk length)
Weight: 15 tons
Japanese scientists thought they were being smart, reconstituting mammoth DNA recovered from Siberia... until they cloned one back to life. You see, there was a reason ancient man banded together, ignoring tribal differences, and it was to hunt these great beasts to extinction. A snaking trunk designed for grasping prey to pull towards its great mouth, or for slamming them against the ground, or for impaling them on winding tusks, or for a deft pimp-like slap. Charges at great speed, splattering those unlucky enough to be caught underfoot. Incredibly sturdy. Resistant to extreme temperatures.

Beast 4:
Trilofight
Nature: trilobite / sea scorpion
Size: 12' (Long) 8' (Reach) 1'5" (tall)
Weight: 1 ton
The final vestige of an extinct phylum, the brood mother, a fearful and grand prototype for a creature now vanished from the earth (and it fights as such). Stoney consistence, segmented, nearly impossible to crush. Snips away with pincers. Painful, complete paralysis caused by sting of specially adapted tail. Low to earth, keenly sensitive to terrestrial travel. Incredibly elusive.

Beast 5:
T-Wreck
Nature: tyrannosaurus
Size: 42' (Long) 13' (Tall)
Weight: 7.5 tons
A t-rex cloned from fossilized DNA. Monstrous in size and ferocity, crushing jaws, swinging tale. Stunningly intelligent, in a way dinosaurs were never thought to be. But therein the problem - T-wreck carries an ancestral memory of its extinction, the extinction of its species, and its mate (*sniff*). He's not taking it all that well..

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Christi

Re: MBDM 2012 - Fossil Heat

Postby Christi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 am

The only combatant with armor and missiles, he came prepared!! He probably has friends among the giant squid population, I don’t want him as an enemy! I think I’ll vote for him

angagaur

Postby angagaur » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Christi has a point, Dreadnaughtilus is the only combatant here that brought any technology to speak of.
His opponents are undeveloped backward savages by comparison. The Dreadnaughtilus won't be able to resist his urge to "civilize" them with extreme prejudice.
-He is also the only one here that can fly.
-He is also the only "fossil" here that isn't extinct. Think about that.

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 pm

We have the early trappings of a runaway. Goes to show you never can tell..

Range weapons are wonderful and all, but what does a floating silo do when it's rushed by 3 terrestrial heavies at one time? It may blast one, but are bayonets and steam enough to fell a speeding mammoth?
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't know. I voted for him, which makes his long range chances slim. (If past prognostications prove pertinent.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:52 am

Another Dreadnautilis here
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 am

Woah, woah, woah woah...woah. You guys are voting for the hydrogen filled combatant?

Quick question; what was also huge, filled with flammable gas, and rhymes with 'Blindenberg'?

Also ask yourself how the think will be able to aim when it tries to fire a missle that will send it spinning uncontrolled through the skies?

Then ask youself this: Would you rather be hit over the head with a balloon or a 15 ton mammoth?

Vote one for Slammoth.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Christi

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:26 am

OBVIOUSLY Dread will have some kind of reverse thrusters!! He can fly, he doesn’t just float, so he will be able to compensate for the thrust created by the firing of his missiles. And as for exploding like the infamous “blimpenburg”, I don’t think so, this creature has evolved, he can handle his emissions.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:13 am

If he evolved where are all the other Dreadnaughtili, which are each slightly mroe crap? Nah, genetic throw back if ever I saw one. Get me a fly swatter and I could win this heat.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:36 am

I gotta go with Trilofight. He's heavily armored. "Nearly impossible to crush."
The blimp can shoot all he wants, but at good range they will likely miss. The ones that hit won't hurt Trilofight. Given his imperial mindset, he cannot give up attacking Trilofight. He gets enraged with the natives not embracing his liberation. So he gets closer and closer until he launches a missile at too close of range. Bye bye Boom Boom.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 am

I think we are forgetting that Dreadnaughtilus-es-sus-ses are never alone.

As potential flagships, they are surrounded by Frigates(es-sus-ses), destroyers, oilers, etc. None of those other fossils will get close to the dreaded, er, Dreadnaughtilus!

(Although Dreadnaughtilus-es-sus-ses are vulnerable to biplanes with torpedoes -- at least before the Phalanx upgrades are installed and only when not part of a carrier battle group.)

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I think we are forgetting that Dreadnaughtilus-es-sus-ses

That's close, just put the brakes on a little sooner...

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
As potential flagships, they are surrounded by Frigates(es-sus-ses),

And hobbitssess.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:54 am

T-Wreck looks so pitiful.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Christi

Postby Christi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 am

tbaker2500 wrote:T-Wreck looks so pitiful.

He truly does, somebody needs to put him in a bubble bath with a big slab of chocolate and a tub of ice cream, that will make him feel better. I dont think his up for this battle, his still too troubled

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 am

This heat is as thrilling as watching the election returns for Reagan Vs. Carter.

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:35 pm

I think a battle here would come down to Dreadnaughtilus and Trilofight. Both are pretty damned tough, but I can see DN sending a naughty stream of hot "steam" into Trilofight's face to hurt and blind her. Dreadful then penetrates Trilo's eyes with his "retractable bayonet tentacle(s)" and chops her brain to mush. Dreadnaughtilus takes home a skullf*ck of a win.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm

jannypie wrote:I think a battle here would come down to Dreadnaughtilus and Trilofight. Both are pretty damned tough, but I can see DN sending a naughty stream of hot "steam" into Trilofight's face to hurt and blind her. Dreadful then penetrates Trilo's eyes with his "retractable bayonet tentacle(s)" and chops her brain to mush. Dreadnaughtilus takes home a skullf*ck of a win.

I knew there was something missing around here lately. Welcome home, Jannypie.

strawman

Postby strawman » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:11 pm

Watch out, ROU. She's returned with elephant penises for arms, and a zombie-like appetite for nuts.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

strawman wrote:Watch out, ROU. She's returned with elephant penises for arms, and a zombie-like appetite for nuts.

I know, right. What a woman. :goggle-eyes:

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”