MBDM 2012 - Flighty Heat

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Mourning Dove
No votes
Bat el Ex
26%
Sphynxtaur
15%
Swanflict
30%
Luck-Billed Platypus
30%

Total votes: 27

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Flighty Heat

Postby StalinSays » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 am

WINNER: LUCK BILLED PLATYPUS (by 3 friggin' votes)

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Mourning Dove
Nature: Morning Dove
Size: 1'6" (tall) 3' (Wingspan)
Weight: 35 pounds
Tiny by mega-beast standards, the Mourning Dove is no less dangerous than its heftier foes. Feigned emotion is its greatest asset; the outward perception is that of an inconsolable mess, ridden with the pain of loss. Secretly though, its full of kinetic fury. Capable of sound barrier breaking speed. Razor sharp beak and claws.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Sphynxtaur
Nature: human/lion/eagle/bull
Size: 7' (Tall) 28' (Wingspan)
Weight: 1 ton
A hybrid the stuff of legend - Sphynxtaur: part sphynx, part minotaur, and part griffin. Brutish strength, animalistic savagery, and a human-like intellect. Preferred approach is to devour prey, and well, to drop droppings as it flies. Scatological, sure, but this thing can digest with the best of them.

Beast 3:
Bat el Ex
Nature: Ecuadorian tube lipped nectar bat
Size: 4' (tall) 14' (Wingspan)
Weight: 390 pounds
Able to fly at super fast speeds and deliver long distance attacks with its tongue (150% the length of its body). Tongue can twist in knots - in one gruesome variant, a noose, used for the old 'lasso, lift n' hang' attack. The Bat el Ex becomes extra vicious if it happens to have a hot flush while in a fight, after which it initiates its secret weapon: Hormonal Passive Aggressive Attacks, which reduce other fighters into emotional heaps, although it might not happen until later after the battle, and the combatant won't know why it is so upset. Draw backs are the likely chance of depression caused by the belief that Bat el Ex is past its prime. Requires Chapstick on its person at all time.

Beast 4:
Swanflict
Nature: Swan
Size: 6' (Tall) 10' (Wingspan)
Weight: 300 lbs
The latest generation of the true swan bloodline. Common swans betray the beast's true essence, of an alpha predator! Wings so fine they cut like knives, with detachable, throwing feathers. Characterized by grace and cunning. So white it reflects the sun, causing temporary blindness. Has an eagle eye (a term that swans hate by the way, as it is a bastardized form of the original 'swan's eye'). With it, amazing aim - Swanflict is able to hit a target dead on, from more than a mile away. An intolerable arrogance, befitting of its lineage.

Beast 5:
Luck-Billed Platypus
Nature: Platypus
Size: 3'5" (Long) 3'5" (Tall)
Weight: 300 lbs
A diminutive, peculiar monster, with a magical nature, as perplexing to foes as the platypus is to mammalia as a whole. Lacks all but the most rudimentary physical attacks: sharp teeth, claws. Far though from harmless: can manipulate reality, in particular probability, to its advantage. Should a dive-bomb attack be heading LBP's way, oh look, it misses. Should a knife-like feather be hurdling towards its blind-side, hey well, it bounces off a rock, to return upon its thrower. A charmed fellow, to be sure.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Christi

Re: MBDM 2012 - Flighty Heat

Postby Christi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:08 am

Anybody who has lived with a menopausal relative will understand that this beast CANNOT be beaten. It doesn’t matter what kind of counter attack you throw at it, its irrational hormonal assaults will render all else inconsequential.
Maybe Shynxtaur will have a chance if he can convince her he thinks she’s attractive, she does believe she has passed her prime, he can sneak attack while she’s “batting” her eyelids. On the other hand that date may just leave him a quivering, self doubting reflection of his former self, as he struggles to come to terms with the fact that he probably ruined her life. Menopause, it’s a BATch

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Now which one of the other beasts reminds Bat el Ex the most of her ex-husband?
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

Joe Ego

Postby Joe Ego » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 pm

bo_puppet wrote:Now which one of the other beasts reminds Bat el Ex the most of her ex-husband?

Clearly it's the Luck-Billed Platypus. He was 'lucky' to have her. And lucky enough to hook up with that hot secretary/nurse/barrista and have an excuse to dump her sorry ass.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:48 am

Platypus, all the way. In adition to all the abilities listed, the platypus also sports a poisonous dagger on its back claw. What didn't know about that? NIETHER DID ITS VICTIMS!
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:50 am

Swanaflict, totally random vote for name
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Christi

Postby Christi » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:37 am

bo_puppet wrote:Now which one of the other beasts reminds Bat el Ex the most of her ex-husband?

Ex husband?? Nah, I think he is deceased, rotting in a pile of guano. She would have killed him when meno set in....strangled him with her tongue for not taking out the trash on time....

Candiboy

Postby Candiboy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Mikes wrote:Platypus, all the way. In adition to all the abilities listed, the platypus also sports a poisonous dagger on its back claw. What didn't know about that? NIETHER DID ITS VICTIMS!

But even a platypus would be terrified of the demonic evil that is an onslaught of screaming and anger brought on by menopause. Its is extreme and scary and knows no limits. When the attacks are mental and emotional and physical what chance would another fighter have against the Bat el Ex
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Candiboy wrote:
Mikes wrote:Platypus, all the way. In adition to all the abilities listed, the platypus also sports a poisonous dagger on its back claw. What didn't know about that? NIETHER DID ITS VICTIMS!

But even a platypus would be terrified of the demonic evil that is an onslaught of screaming and anger brought on by menopause. Its is extreme and scary and knows no limits. When the attacks are mental and emotional and physical what chance would another fighter have against the Bat el Ex

I'm liking these new brethren from the land of the Nandi Bear.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:53 am

Christi wrote:(Bat el Ex's) Ex husband?? Nah, I think he is deceased ... She would have killed him when meno set in...

I think you're right. I mean look at her, no good hands. She'd have to use her tongue to lower the toilet seat! No wonder she's got anger issues.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:50 am

Candiboy wrote:.... an onslaught of screaming and anger brought on by menopause.

...easily overcome by ample lashings of icecream.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:27 am

Swanflict is the winner here. Swanflict is immune to Mourning dove's attacks, since we all know that swans are regal and care not about the plight of the common dove. The same applies to the verbal lashings of Bat El Ax. Sphynxtaur will be a bought fight, but a couple of passes with those razor sharp wings will slice him up.

The LBP is the unknown this round. I envision the matchup between Swanflict and LBP as the fights scenes from Kung fu Panda.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Christi

Postby Christi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 am

Mikes wrote:
Candiboy wrote:.... an onslaught of screaming and anger brought on by menopause.

...easily overcome by ample lashings of icecream.

Yes, but when she stops screaming, those passive aggressive attacks will kick in AND once the ice cream is finished (possibly the whole damn tub) she be more angry because of the extra pounds she just gained!

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:39 pm

Swanflict. He just has to find a way for the LBP to break a mirror or walk under a ladder and then he's sitting pretty.
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

jannypie

Postby jannypie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Christi wrote:Maybe Shynxtaur will have a chance if he can convince her he thinks she’s attractive, she does believe she has passed her prime, he can sneak attack while she’s “batting” her eyelids. On the other hand that date may just leave him a quivering, self doubting reflection of his former self, as he struggles to come to terms with the fact that he probably ruined her life. Menopause, it’s a BATch

I like this line of thinking. In a battle of the sexes, who wins? The big, horny, bull-shitting hunk of maleflesh, or the psychotic, passive-aggressive, yet deeply insecure female? I think the difference here is that Sphynxtaur is actually hiding the coldly calculating, mind-riddling intelligence of a tricksy tricksy Sphinx, and plays on Bat El Ex's weaknesses with the mastery of an Egyptian god. Combined with his stunning Greek physique and lion/eagle air of majesty, Bat El Ex stands no chance in this battle of manipulation.
----
Reality is stranger than fiction... except on The Drabblecast.

Christi

Postby Christi » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:35 am

jannypie wrote:
Christi wrote:Maybe Shynxtaur will have a chance if he can convince her he thinks she’s attractive, she does believe she has passed her prime, he can sneak attack while she’s “batting” her eyelids. On the other hand that date may just leave him a quivering, self doubting reflection of his former self, as he struggles to come to terms with the fact that he probably ruined her life. Menopause, it’s a BATch

I like this line of thinking. In a battle of the sexes, who wins? The big, horny, bull-shitting hunk of maleflesh, or the psychotic, passive-aggressive, yet deeply insecure female? I think the difference here is that Sphynxtaur is actually hiding the coldly calculating, mind-riddling intelligence of a tricksy tricksy Sphinx, and plays on Bat El Ex's weaknesses with the mastery of an Egyptian god. Combined with his stunning Greek physique and lion/eagle air of majesty, Bat El Ex stands no chance in this battle of manipulation.

You have some good points, but you need to take into account that she has been manipulating men all her life (she is female after all), and she has been taken advantage of many many times.
After the first wave of flattery has worn off, she will see through all of his pretences.
She will lure him in with a false sense of security. He will lean in for his kiss of death, thinking he is going to surprise her with a strangle hold. But just as is about to make his move, she whips out her tongue wraps it around his neck and torso and squeezes the life out of the arrogant, shit-faced, male chauvinist beast!!! GAME OVER, BAT EL EX WINS!!!
The ultimate Femme-Fatale

Candiboy

Postby Candiboy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:52 pm

Bat El Ex would win every time! Not only is she a vicious flying bat with a long lassoing tongue, but she is a vicious flying bat who can spot the emotional weak spots in her opponents and then rub metaphorical salt in their wounds! If this is a battle of the sexes, then Bat El Ex has to win - women are the stronger sex! Yes, men wear the trousers! But who picks them out? Their wives!!! And this is no ordinary house wife the other contestants would be battling with! She strong, fast and always has a scathing remark ready! And in a ring full of male contestants she would hold the advantage if for no other reason, than the other fighters being absorbed in watching her impressively ample breasts bounce and sway (its menopause they are a bit saggy...) as she flys about disabling them!
"Even the Devil has nipples so get up you cripples and let's milk this son of a bitch"

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:54 am

All gender politics aside - Swanflict can brain a moving target with a knife feather from a mile away. Plus, it's too stuck-up to care what the Bat el Ex thinks of it anyway. Paper, meet scissors.
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:15 am

bo_puppet wrote:All gender politics aside - Swanflict can brain a moving target with a knife feather from a mile away. Plus, it's too stuck-up to care what the Bat el Ex thinks of it anyway. Paper, meet scissors.

Oh puppet me, you always get so swan-fixated when you've been drinking.

Seriously though, someone tell me why this doesn't happen.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:53 am

I does happen. While all this namby pamby emotionalizing is going on, Swanflict just kills 'em.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”