MBDM 2012 - Oddball Heat

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:36 am

Snaketopus
24%
Turmanchilla
40%
Tossier
16%
The Snipelouphagus
4%
Snailien
16%

Total votes: 25

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Oddball Heat

Postby StalinSays » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:36 am

WINNER: SNAKETOPUS (by 4 votes)

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Snaketopus
Nature: Octopus/Cobra/Rattlesnake/Coral Snake
Size: 4'6" (tall) 12' (Tentacle circumfrence)
Weight: 400 pounds
The result of a botched teleportation experiment, the Snaketopus is a vicious, wriggling cepha'serpent (a truly deadly dichotomy). 8 highly venomous "snaketicles," of various flavors. Two to poison, two to paralyze, two to spit, two to dissolve flesh, not one for handshakes. Deceptively intelligent. Malleable shape. Due to the latent effects of the matter transmission ray, Snaketopus is partially out of phase with the material plane, making it an exceedingly slippery target.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Turmanchilla
Nature: Chinchilla/Man/Spider
Size: 7'2" (Tall)
Weight: 800 lbs
None dare mess with Turmanchilla! The teenage reporter thought he was going to be the next Spider Man when he was bitten by a mutant tarantula, but then things got really weird when he was attacked again by a roaming pack of rabid chinchillas. Strong and dextrous like a werewolf. Vomits sticky globs like a spider. Fluffy like a chinchilla.

Beast 3:
Tossier
Nature: Tarsier
Size: 2' (Tall)
Weight: 150 lbs
A telekinetic tarsier that loves to throw its opponents' weight around. Levitates for movement. Can lift as much as 6 tons at a time, and hurl it 50 yards. Not telepathic. Eye contact from its humongous ocular orbs is required for use of powers (AKA attack the blindside). Keen hearing.

Beast 4:
The Snipelouphagus
Nature: mastodon, snipe, muppet
Size: 20' (Tall {mostly legs}) 11' (Long) 11' (trunk-length)
Weight: 3 tons {or is it nothing at all?}
The quixotic combo of a snipe (tiny, fleet of foot, seldom seen) and a mastodon (hulking, stumbling, extinct) - the Snipelouphagus is mid-sized, of average speed, and commonly considered to be fictional. Only fools see bird legs supporting a shaggy body. Only an imbecile would picture a sharp, protruding trunk, that serves as both a sense organ, and a deadly weapon. By the time a Mega Beast confronts the Snipelouphagus directly, its reality is entirely compromised. The Snipelouphagus knows you don't believe - but that won't stop it from killing you, from the inside out!

Beast 5:
Snalien
Nature: Snail
Size: 19' (Long) 10' (Tall {when extended from shell})
Weight: 5 tons
When a huge meteorite crashed in the Sahara, scientists rejoiced. Until the horrific discovery the meteorite was not a stone, but a shell! Lo, a space mollusk in our midst! Fires laser-like energy from it's antennae. Can withdraw in to craterous shell. Slow moving (top speed 10 mph). Leaves a noxious, acidic slime trail, which it utilizes to section off the battlefield. Unencumbered by higher brain function. Front splits in to toothy maw to envelope and digest foes.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: MBDM 2012 - Oddball Heat

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:38 am

If you don't vote Snaketopus you are so unhip your bum's likely to fall off...
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:13 am

Stare deep, deep in to his massive eyes. How can you say no (when you are being hurled in to the sky)?

Tossier for Teh Winz!1!
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 am

as before, all of the beasties are awesomely rendered, Bo. :cheers:

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:27 am

bo_puppet wrote:Stare deep, deep in to his massive eyes. How can you say no (when you are being hurled in to the sky)?

Tossier for Teh Winz!1!

That Tossier, he reminds me a little of Yoda without a coat, (so maybe that way, I should Vote)

ROU Killing Time wrote:If you don't vote Snaketopus you are so unhip your bum's likely to fall off...

Snaktopus, his tentacles are luring me in. (and really I’ve become quite attached to my bum).

moonowl

Postby moonowl » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Snakeopus gets my beast vote, but props to the cool Snailen artwork.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:as before, all of the beasties are awesomely rendered, Bo. :cheers:

Seconded. And the art and the descriptions are having a bad effect on me. I cna't decide who would win. SO far I'm thinking either Snakeopus or Snalien... because they're just both more awesome.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:10 am

"Vomits sticky globs" is taking the frontrunner position? C'mon people!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:30 am

Many thanks for the personal praise, as always. I try to keep everything equally cool, so some beast isn't tossed primarily because my art for it was halfhearted.

Snaketopus seems to have the early advantage. But someone explain to me how it gets anywhere near Tossier? Those eyes, they do see!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 am

Is this up for FISTING on FB yet?

Christi

Postby Christi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:26 am

StalinSays wrote:Many thanks for the personal praise, as always. I try to keep everything equally cool, so some beast isn't tossed primarily because my art for it was halfhearted.

Snaketopus seems to have the early advantage. But someone explain to me how it gets anywhere near Tossier? Those eyes, they do see!

Your art just makes these creatures more awesome.

Okay! Tossier it is!!
Vomiting globules will help stuff all against telekinesis ! And Snaktopus is cool but really, he can’t levitate, I’ll put flowers on his watery grave…that or fry him up and serve him with chips!

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:41 pm

This is the hardest one for me... I go back and forth.. but after looking up spiders and their globs, I see that they can shoot venomous glue (I reeeeeally don't like the sound of that) in milliseconds... so levitator or not, if Turmanchilla spits to his bad side, the only thing Tossier would see with those big eyes is the inside of his new spinning cocoon..

and it seems if he could keep away from striking distance and immobilize the arms, he'd be eating cobra calamari for dinner.

I really think that 'fluffy - like a chinchilla' is pushing him over the top for me. lol
God forgive me, I vote Turmanchilla
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Yet again, the circle of death. Which beast beats which beast, in a round of rock/paper/scissors style match-ups, and ultimately who has the gumption to break the circle!

Snaketopus beats Turmanchilla - Strong and dexterous as it may be, it's not resistant to poison - if it gets close, it's gonna get bit!
    Snalien beats Snaketopus - Bite away, the thing has no blood! Strangle all you please, the Snalien is amorphous. Zap
    Tossier beats Snalien - Oh you weigh 5 tons? Too bad that is under the 6 ton cut. Tossier drops Snalien right on its head, bludgeoning it with its own rocky shell.
    Snipelouphagus beats Tossier - The Tossier is obsessed with what lies before its eyes. Complicate that situation, everything starts to break down.
    Turmanchilla beats Snipelouphagus - He's human enough to know snipe hunting is for fools, and having faced a rabid chinchilla and lived, fear is no longer a problem.

So who breaks the cycle? Who is spoiler!?

Snipelouphagus - I firmly believe that Tossier beats everyone but Snipey, and Sniepy inarguably beats Tossier. Cut and dry. The facebook voting seems to be bearing this out.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:14 pm

As opposed to the forums, Facebook has gone hard for Beastly Snipes (The Snipelouphagus). By my count he stands a legitimate chance of upsetting the 'forum poll predicting winners' trend.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”