MBDM 2012 - Beast Suggestions [take 2]

strawman

Re: MBDM 2012 - Beast Suggestions [take 2]

Postby strawman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 am

You're probably right :oops:
My mind has been warped by fending off spamming barbarian hordes. My apologies to the Brozenich family.

And while I'm at it, condolences to the Sydney family for your loss.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:01 am

pbrozenich wrote:Ok, here's my suggestion. I present to you the following:

The Chalupacabra

An unfathomable melding of the mythical Mexican beast The Chupacabra, and the melt-a-licious Mexican feast, the Chalupa. The Chalupacabra is a quick, alien-like beast complete with sharp claws, segmented eyes, and blood sucking tongue. It's covered all over in a puffy, fried skin with an exquisite doughy texture. Spines sprout from its back, which opens wide to erupt a fountain of irresistible seasoned meat.

Opponents are unable to resist the temptation. Unfortunately for hungry competitors, the meat is tainted, leading to severe intestinal distress and eventual death. Those not done in by the crippling stomach cramps will quickly fall victim to the Chalupacabra's cagey and quick alien fighting moves and it's ability to think outside the bun. Is it a secret government experiment? An alien visitor from beyond the stars? It's blood hotter than the hottest fire sauce, the Chalupacabra is ready to take on all challengers. :mrgreen:

Possibly the best pun this season.

(The Trailblazers have a cross-promotion with Taco Bell so that everyone in the Rose Garden gets a free chalupa if they score 100 points -- shooting for the chalupa. Taco Bell hasn't had to pay up on that deal very often this year. :P )

I don't know what that factoid has to do with anything. Oh wait, I remember. It doesn't.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 am

Taco Bell Chalupas > Jack in the Box Tacos (That's what Lakers fans get)

My computer has been resurrected - expect 5 new beasts from this thread ready for voting by Wednesday. Spoiler: one of them will be a meat fountain. And one will be made of carnivorous fish segments.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 am

StalinSays wrote:Taco Bell Chalupas > Jack in the Box Tacos (That's what Lakers fans get)

My computer has been resurrected - expect 5 new beasts from this thread ready for voting by Wednesday. Spoiler: one of them will be a meat fountain. And one will be made of carnivorous fish segments.

Jack in the Box Tacos are hideous. Oh well, they deserve it for the high crime of being Laker fans. Being a Blazer fan is it's own worst punishment, so I guess we deserve to be thrown a bone (or in this case, a chalupa.)

Woot. The meat fountain should keep the carnivorous fish segments well-fed.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Sorry all - art delays. Gotta finish something for the Journey Into.. podcast, and then a commission. Beasts Monday (I think). Podcast 1 in the works!
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Christi

Postby Christi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:24 pm

StalinSays wrote:Sorry all - art delays. Gotta finish something for the Journey Into.. podcast, and then a commission. Beasts Monday (I think). Podcast 1 in the works!

Phew, I’m really quite relieved, although I sympathise for your motherboard. I’ve been suffering (and I do mean “suffering”) from internetlesness at home, and have been so swamped at work that I have been unable to drabble. I was terrified at how much I was missing. I already missed out on voting for the peoples choice awards, at least I can still have my say on Megabeasts!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:07 pm

You missed out on nominations, not voting. That should be starting Monday. Do not fear disenfranchisement!

Christi

Postby Christi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 am

I shall not fear that again, but I did miss you guys…really I missed all of you.
I have voted! I have had my say and now I wait for the carnage to return!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Round 10 beasts will be debuting tonight. And *gasp* we're actually recording a podcast.

For anyone who wants to catch up, I created this doc for the Death Panel to skim. It contains spoilers as to rounds 10, 11, and 12 competitors, if you want a sneak peak in to the armored, spiky, hides of March.

http://www.drabblecast.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mbdm2012_cheat_sheet_1.pdf

*Angaguar's typo fixed!

angagaur

Postby angagaur » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Awesome Awesome Awesome!
This pdf will be a great way to introduce new people to the competition, arrange bets, and plan out runs on the computer labs.

One typo on the pdf, the heat with the Dreadnaughtilus has the descriptions from the heat with the Phantom Ray.

Also: Podcast in the works? Water of Life! Let's do this thing!

Dr. Ew

Postby Dr. Ew » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am

Bo, you are the coolest person I almost know. Outstanding work.. go have a well deserved beer!
"I believe men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong and disposable."

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:35 am

PDF printed and on my cubicle wall. Black and white, unfortunately, but I've already have a few people popping by going 'WTF?', only to be introduced to the Mega Beasts.

Awesome work, Bo.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:50 am

StalinSays wrote:Round 10 beasts will be debuting tonight. And *gasp* we're actually recording a podcast.

For anyone who wants to catch up, I created this doc for the Death Panel to skim. It contains spoilers as to rounds 10, 11, and 12 competitors, if you want a sneak peak in to the armored, spiky, hides of March.

http://www.drabblecast.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/mbdm2012_cheat_sheet_1.pdf

*Angaguar's typo fixed!

Oh Bo! You are wonderful! Like the perfect man, you always seem to know just what I need.

Christi

Postby Christi » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 am

Mikes wrote:PDF printed and on my cubicle wall. Black and white, unfortunately, but I've already have a few people popping by going 'WTF?', only to be introduced to the Mega Beasts.

Awesome work, Bo.

Its on my notice board….I’m used to people walking away from me whilst shaking their heads. Whatever!!! People who don’t recognize the genius and awesome complexities of this beastly evolution don’t belong in my world anyway!!!!

MingoZK

Postby MingoZK » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 am

Hey guys, I was told you're still taking last minute suggestions and I'd like to contribute two of mine, mostly because I'm proud of myself for coming up with the names :mrgreen:

Flamingoliath: A giant, 20' tall, bright pink flamingo wearing a camo jacket and hat (of course). His legs are super strong and covered with a scaly armor that makes them invulnerable to stabs, bullets, fire and the like. This guy can inflict massive damage with his kicks, but he can also cause anywhere from mild annoyance to severe disorientation, depending on the auditory prowess of the opponent, with his honking, screeching flamingo call.

Velocelot: Part velociraptor, part ocelot. This guy is only about 5' tall, but he is incredibly fast and agile with excellent reflexes. He's got 6" razor sharp claws on his hind feet and a Master's in zoological anatomy, so he knows exactly where to strike to inflict maximum damage to his opponents. He's also got some camouflage ability. He can blend fairly well into the landscape and he's extra hard to see, though not invisible, when standing still.
Climate change is a great, big, left-wing conspiracy hoax designed to redistribute my hard-earned wealth to...fucking polar bears!

Christi

Postby Christi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:02 pm

MingoZK wrote:Hey guys, I was told you're still taking last minute suggestions and I'd like to contribute two of mine, mostly because I'm proud of myself for coming up with the names :mrgreen:

Flamingoliath: A giant, 20' tall, bright pink flamingo wearing a camo jacket and hat (of course). His legs are super strong and covered with a scaly armor that makes them invulnerable to stabs, bullets, fire and the like. This guy can inflict massive damage with his kicks, but he can also cause anywhere from mild annoyance to severe disorientation, depending on the auditory prowess of the opponent, with his honking, screeching flamingo call.

Velocelot: Part velociraptor, part ocelot. This guy is only about 5' tall, but he is incredibly fast and agile with excellent reflexes. He's got 6" razor sharp claws on his hind feet and a Master's in zoological anatomy, so he knows exactly where to strike to inflict maximum damage to his opponents. He's also got some camouflage ability. He can blend fairly well into the landscape and he's extra hard to see, though not invisible, when standing still.

I don’t know if anyone has welcomed you yet? So, Welcome – I dig the beasts dude! They have most awesome and terrifying aspects. The Flamingoliath would get my vote!

Christi

Postby Christi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:05 pm

The ProMantis (SA King Protea and the Praying Mantis)

Bred near SA’s nuclear power experimentation plant – things went wrong, very wrong. But hey, there was enough money for a government bribe, and this little gem was swept under the rug (big frikkin mistake!)

Lures pray in with its hypnotic seductive gaze (pleading, beseeching you to “come on in and smell my pollen pod”)
Once in striking distance it will, with lighting speed, grab its prey with its sticky hairy mandibles) it will then crush its prey with its Metal Petals (Metals).
Absorbing its preys life force and temporarily acquiring its latest victims powers.

strawman

Postby strawman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:21 pm

D'Aphid, the 5 1/2 foot asexually-reproducing, plant-consuming bug, will certainly stand up against Flamingoliath.

How would D'Aphid prevail? Apparently, just by being a sweet little bugger.
Spoiler:
Some species of ants "farm" aphids, protecting them on the plants they eat, eating the honeydew that the aphids release from the terminations of their alimentary canals. This is a "mutualistic relationship".
These "dairying ants" "milk" the aphids by stroking them with their antennae :shock: .[Note 1][21]
Some farming ant species gather and store the aphid eggs in their nests over the winter. In the spring, the ants carry the newly hatched aphids back to the plants. Some species of dairying ants (such as the European yellow meadow ant, Lasius flavus)[22] manage large "herds" of aphids that feed on roots of plants in the ant colony. Queens that are leaving to start a new colony take an aphid egg to found a new herd of underground aphids in the new colony. These farming ants protect the aphids by fighting off aphid predators.[21]
An interesting variation in ant-aphid relationships involves lycaenid butterflies and Myrmica ants. For example, Niphanda fusca butterflies lay eggs on plants where ants tend herds of aphids. The eggs hatch as caterpillars which feed on the aphids. The ants do not defend the aphids from the caterpillars but carry the caterpillars to their nest. In the nest, the ants feed the caterpillars, which produce honeydew for the ants. When the caterpillars reach full size, they crawl to the colony entrance and form cocoons. After two weeks, butterflies emerge and take flight.[23]:78–79
Some bees in coniferous forests also collect aphid honeydew to make "forest honey"

Does this not cry out for a POV story?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Christi

Postby Christi » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm

SuckerPaunch
A tyrant leech king (check out drabble news) latched onto a Bullfrog years ago, exposed to gamma radiation (or something like that) they melded, mutated and enlarged resulting in SuckerPaunch.
He has moist slimy skin, oozing toxic mucus, any beast that dares bite this toad will suffer a painful death. He has a paunch like sack in his underbelly in which he converts excess fluids into a smelly, foamy acid. This is used for attack and for digestion. He is vicious and can jump great distances, using a surprise attack tactic. He will latch on and drain every last drop of moisture from his victim’s body, leaving just the skin and bones. He has a projectile tongue that can snatch up enemies and draw them to his toothy maw.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Hee hee, great suggestions!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”