MBDM 2012 - Heat 11

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:07 pm

Mittens Baboonerang
20%
Cricket Bat
27%
Murder King
13%
Boarnet
40%
Dryena
No votes

Total votes: 15

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 - Heat 11

Postby StalinSays » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 pm

WINNER: Cricket Bat (by 1 vote)

Vote for your favorite! Round 10 finishes Thursday March 22nd at Midnight Eastern. For a much larger image of the competitors, click here

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Mittens Baboonerang
Nature: Kitten, Baboon
Size: 5'1" (tall)
Weight: 400 lbs
Master of the unforeseeable comeback. Possesses a magical charisma and adorable cuteness (despite pronounced fangs). Carries a weighty, steel boomerang, but MB's primary weapon is cliched euphemisms. "At the end of the day, what goes around is what it is." 60% of MBDM voters vote against him, but he still gets 57% of the delegates.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Cricket Bat
Nature: Cricket, Bat, Man
Size: 6'2" (Tall) 12' (wingspan)
Weight: 800 lbs
Half-cricket, half-bat humanoid creature that walks around in an old fashioned cricket uniform with cricket bat in hand. Leaps with cricket legs, glides with bat wings. Echo-locates prey (even though he can totally see [what a dick]). Uses his cricket bat to expertly and tediously block any offensive attack over and over again like a good old fashioned test batsman would. Bores and confuses the hell out of any Mega Beasts not from a cricketing nation.

Beast 3:
Murder King
Nature: Crow
Size: 78" (Tall) 26' (Wingspan)
Weight: 900 lbs
Every wonder why crows are so creepy? It all comes back to Murder (the name for a large grouping of crows, you see what I did there?) King (in that he is the ruler of all crows, the master crow... the moniker has nothing to do with burgers). This craven raven is a pitch black behemoth whose feathers detach to become fully-functioning crows, each of which obeys his mental command and flies in formation. His shriek is nightmarish, his talons are sharp. If he runs out of feathers, though, he's flightless, naked, and without minions. AKA Murder King is totally plucked!

Beast 4:
Boarnet
Nature: Boar, Hornet
Size: 5' (Tall) 11' (Wingspan)
Weight: 700 lbs
Capable of flying at 160kph (100 mph), with a foot long stinger filled with muscle relaxant - leaves victims right and ready for its second pass, and a four tusk stab. Ridiculously durable with confounding agility.

Beast 5:
Dryena
Nature: Hyena
Size: 6'10" (Long)
Weight: 300 lbs
A bizarre hyena with porous, spongy skin. Absorbs all moisture from foes with prolonged contact, turning them in to petrified husks. A painful death, and as insult to injury he'll swing your hardened corpse as a cudgel. 4 months sober, carries yellow chip. "Nobody knows... how dry he is!" Predictably irritable.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: MBDM 2012 - Round 11

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:30 am

Cricket Bat wins it for me. Anybody who doesn't understand the Hitchhiker's Guide homage should go look it up.

Excellent puns and comedy all 'round this one, Bo. Great work!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

apricity

Postby apricity » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 am

Decidedly Mittens Baboonerang. Cliched euphemisms always play.

behind the ziggurat

Postby behind the ziggurat » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Wow Bo, that drawing of Cricket Bat is sweet! So cool you picked him. The other beasts all look badass too of course.

I think Cricket Bat could win this heat. His defensive skills could perpetually deal with boomerangs, talons, stingers and hardened corpse cudgels. But I can't tell if his seriousness will help or hurt him against Mittens' charismatic euphemisms.

strawman

Postby strawman » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:57 pm

Reminder: No prizes for the clever names, guys. It's all about bringing the kinetics.

Remember, it's the sticks and stones that break the bones.
And the claws and teeth and stingers. [Crows, not so much.
The Birds was Hitchcock's only attempt at comedy. Off course, those were mostly pansy-assed seagulls]
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

admiralsunshine

Postby admiralsunshine » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:08 pm

As of now, my vote lies with Boarnet, because of his speed, size, tusks, and stinger. This is a tricky round though
Don't read this signature!
----------------------------------
Oh no! You read it! If you don't copy this into your signature, then you will be...SUPERSTITIOUS

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:27 pm

Flocks of minions will get the job done every time.
Mush, Baby!

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 am

strawman wrote:Reminder: No prizes for the clever names, guys. It's all about bringing the kinetics.

Exactly. Cool as Cricket Bat is, I reckon he's the weakest of the bunch here, unless he can convince any of the other beasts to let the fight last five days with regular breaks for cucumber sandwiches.

My money's with boarnet (yes I'm biased, sue me). Lighting, airborn attacks will wear down all the other opponants until he can finally finish them off with a headlong charge of tusks. The only beast with any defence is Dryena, but the hornet sting is detachable, not constant contact to rob him of moisture.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:11 am

Thanks all, always obliged to bring beastly ideas to life. Sorry to be absentee in managing the comment stream. Poor Dryena is without a sponsor, and being beaten about the head and neck with poles (and by that I mean the voting polls).

Silence be damned! Let me stir the pot with some opinions. Here again, the circle of death - which beast beats which beast, in a round of rock/paper/scissors style match-ups [And most importantly, which critter has the pluck to break the circle!].

Cricket Bat beats Mitten Baboonerang - For every boomerang throw, whap, it's sent right back. Oh the stalemate! And as Mittens interest begins to taper off, whap, the boomerang is redirected straight towards his head, like the sticky wicket it is.
    Dryena beats Cricket Bat - It takes a lot of concentration, being a spoiler. And with one lapse comes a cackling bear hug from behind, and a very draining death.
    Boarnet beats Dryena - Absorbent as he may be, a detachable stinger plunged to his heart will have him soaking in not essence, but relaxants. No good at all for an addictive personality. The hove stomps come shortly after.
    Murder King beats Boarnet - Sting as it may, it's no match for a swarming, engulfing, pecking shadow. Bird meets bug!
    Mittens Baboonerang beats Murder King - It hangs in there (baby).

So who breaks the cycle? Who is spoiler!?

Murder King - No other beast in the round has the offensive output to handle the murder en masse. Plus crows are smart. Are we forgetting how creepy smart crows are? They talk to each other and use tools for chrissake.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

bo_puppet

Postby bo_puppet » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 am

I agree with Bo (because I am Bo).

We have a model UN of a commenting body here. Do y'all not have crows / ravens in your countries? I assumed they were worldwide, like roaches and flies and (ick) humans. Is a lack of familiarity with crows' loathsomeness to blame for Murder King not murdering like a king in heat 11?
This is the puppet account of Bo Kaier, created to test general forum issues, without having admin permissions.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:18 am

bo_puppet wrote:I agree with Bo (because I am Bo).

We have a model UN of a commenting body here. Do y'all not have crows / ravens in your countries? I assumed they were worldwide, like roaches and flies and (ick) humans. Is a lack of familiarity with crows' loathsomeness to blame for Murder King not murdering like a king in heat 11?

You tell em buddy.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:25 am

I think it's time for the real life hornet pic again:

Now imagine one five times as big and paired with a wild boar. And you think a few spindly-winged birds could get in its way? Pprpf. Have you ever driven a car through a flock of seagulls?

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:00 am

Dang, that thing needs a motorcycle jacket and a hood. It perches like a falcon there on God's hand.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:45 am

Plus Boarnet has the brain in this match up. He has a Phd as his alter-ego:

http://www.designforhealth.net/events/m ... arnet.html

Look, you can barely see the zipper running down his fake skin.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:00 am

Cricket bat is pretty badass, I wouldn't mourn too long if he won. But I like Boarnet for all the reasons admiralsnshine mentioned. Plus it make me think about how cool Dragnet wouldve been with wild pigs.
So that's my vote.
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:43 pm

C'mon, people! What are cricket players good at? Hitting flying (or bouncing) objects! Boarnet won't get a chance to sting. He'll keep trying until he loses a wing, then it's game over! And the don't call it "The Ashes" for nothing!

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:38 am

Seriously guys, MINIONS. There is no way Murder King doesn't have this in the bag.
Mush, Baby!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 am

cinnamon wrote:Seriously guys, MINIONS. There is no way Murder King doesn't have this in the bag.

What, so there's a group of birds? Oh no, watch out! They might eat all the bird food!
A nice cricket bat will take care of that problem!

(How am I doing, Bo?)

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:25 am

A nice cricket bat may take A minion out, meanwhile the rest of them peck out your eyes. THERE'S A CRAPLOAD OF THEM.
Mush, Baby!

behind the ziggurat

Postby behind the ziggurat » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:40 am

cinnamon wrote:A nice cricket bat may take A minion out, meanwhile the rest of them peck out your eyes. THERE'S A CRAPLOAD OF THEM.

Ah but Cricket Bat doesn't need eyes! Sonar son! He's got this!

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”