MBDM 2012 R2 Cricket Bat vs Snaketopus vs Luck-Bill

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Poll ended at Thu May 17, 2012 2:30 am

Cricket Bat
21%
Snaketopus
68%
Luck-Billed Platypus
11%

Total votes: 19

Mikes

Re: MBDM 2012 - Round 2 - Cricket Bat vs Snaketopus vs Luck-

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 12:22 am

MingoZK wrote:Hmmm, or LBP could mess with probability to have Cricket Bat defeat Snaketopus somehow.

I could see this happening. Cricket Bat is kitted out in full criket gear, so plenty of padding around the legs where Snaketopus would be aiming for, and the bat could deflect any spit attacks at his upper body. And at the end fo the day, Snaketopus is basuclly a big cricketball with a few loose strands, a cricketer's natural prey.

Which would leave Cricketbat and Bill, and like any sport*, cricket involves an element of luck, which is where Bill wins.

*Cricket is not a sport. It is not classed as a sport, it is a passtime. The only people who claim it is a sport is those who play, and are fooling no one but themselves. Any activity which you can get better ay while simultaniously getting fatter and more unfit is not a sport. See also fishing, bowling, darts, archery, anything to do with motorcars, or (and someone please tell the tv channels) poker.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 am

I find your arguments weak, Mikes

Snaketopus reach, when snaketicles fully extended, would easily extend to CB's groin and beyond, (but after reaching the groin, does he really need to worry about the beyond?)

Aside from that leg armament (which doesn't protect the rear of his legs at all anyway) BOTH of his opponents are ripe targets for envenoming, strangulation, and eventual consummation.

Snaketopus: 2, Cricket Bat and Luck-Bill: delicious
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 1:34 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Snaketopus reach, when snaketicles fully extended, would easily extend to CB's groin and beyond, (but after reaching the groin, does he really need to worry about the beyond?)

Your move, Snaketopus.

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri May 04, 2012 1:52 am

Cricket Bat isn't wearing pants, and it's quite clear he doesn't have cricket junk. I don't think he's going to bother with a cup.
Mush, Baby!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 2:10 am

cinnamon wrote:Cricket Bat isn't wearing pants, and it's quite clear he doesn't have cricket junk. I don't think he's going to bother with a cup.

<3 cinnamon. Exactly. Look at the artists rendering. He is clearly ripe with targets that are all within easy reach, ttpphhttt, sssssss.... strike/strike/strike/strike.....strike/strike/strike/strike.....

(The groin flesh at the corner of the cup at the top of the thigh is particularly tender and well-laden with vasculature. )

Also, Snaketopus' out-of-phase slipperiness is tailor-made to ensure multiple misses from that silly stick he's carrying.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 am

(The groin flesh at the corner of the cup at the top of the thigh is particularly tender and well-laden with vasculature. )

.. or perhaps with antivemon and an anticiagulant which would leave Snaketopus's blood leaking from its cloaca. It would be very unlucky if that were the case....

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 am

Mikes wrote:

.. or perhaps with antivemon and an anticiagulant which would leave Snaketopus's blood leaking from its cloaca. It would be very unlucky if that were the case....

I do not see this listed among any of Cricket Bat's defensive abilities...

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 2:34 am

It would be just his luck that he luckily decided to load up on it that morning. Chance is fine thing.

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri May 04, 2012 2:53 am

Mikes wrote:It would be just his luck that he luckily decided to load up on it that morning. Chance is fine thing.

Chance is one thing, making random shit up is another. IT SURE WOULD BE LUCKY IF CRICKET BAT WERE ACTUALLY GODZILLA, WOULDN'T IT????!!! :?
Mush, Baby!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:58 am

When did Cricket start having the luck ability? Wow it's hard to follow you people sometimes. :D
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 3:07 am

Exactly. My arguments are based on well established and defined abilities, not phantom "what-if" and "gee it would ne nice"'s
you go to the MBDM with the beast you have, not the beast you want.

Enough with this tactic of understanding snaketopusses size or enhancing crickets armor and abilities beyond their defined parameters.

who do you think you are? Karl Rove? <zing>

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 am

cinnamon wrote:IT SURE WOULD BE LUCKY IF CRICKET BAT WERE ACTUALLY GODZILLA, WOULDN'T IT????!!!

Now you're just getting silly.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 5:35 am

Mikes wrote:
cinnamon wrote:IT SURE WOULD BE LUCKY IF CRICKET BAT WERE ACTUALLY GODZILLA, WOULDN'T IT????!!!

I believe cinnamon's point is that would indeed be silly. As silly as randomly excreting anti-venom into his bloodstream because he happened upon a Snaketopus.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:As silly as randomly excreting anti-venom into his bloodstream because he happened upon a Snaketopus.

May I direct you to Exhibit A:

Far though from harmless: can manipulate reality, in particular probability, to its advantage. Should a dive-bomb attack be heading LBP's way, oh look, it misses. Should a knife-like feather be hurdling towards its blind-side, hey well, it bounces off a rock, to return upon its thrower.

This is about Bill's ability to allocate luck to his advantage, and in this case, have Snaketopus and Cricketbat duke it out while he waits in the wings.

You know, I've changed my mind about Bill. He's not the Mr Magoo of the round, he's Morpheus.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 8:05 am

Manipulating reality to the point where Cricket Bat suddenly has an entirely different blood-chemistry seems a bit out of the scope of Luck-Bill's probability bending abilities.

He's not a freaking infinite improbability drive.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 am

Of course whether or not Bill's bending aBility amounts to an I.W.I.N. button will be settled the voters.

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Mikes wrote:

What? My impassioned argument about a fight between imaginary beasts is silly? Lies, sir!!
Mush, Baby!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri May 04, 2012 1:44 pm

Big ups for the spirited discussion everyone! Shooting the shit, not shooting the neighbors! Getting worked up over a whole lot of nothing - this is the point in this pointlessness! Get out that testy energy, save someone at the laundromat a lecture on manners; get worked up over a cricket fighting a platypus today!

ROU Killing Time wrote:Manipulating reality to the point where Cricket Bat suddenly has an entirely different blood-chemistry seems a bit out of the scope of Luck-Bill's probability bending abilities.

He's not a freaking infinite improbability drive.

MingoZK wrote:The lame way this round could go is that LBP would use his powers to have lightning strike his opponents or have a tree branch fall on them or something else equally unlikely.

Luck-Billed Platypus (LBP) could use a bit of clarification. He can manipulate probability (and because of this he is technically altering reality). It is event to event. Key word is LUCK - he generates luck. So say an anvil was falling towards him, the result would be that he luckily sidestep it. He would not luckily turn it in to a pillow. He can't physically manipulate himself or his surroundings using these powers, he manipulates the likelihood of an event happening or not happening. There is a limit. Also, this is a conscious power; he must be mindful of an event to effect its probability. Otherwise he would be absolutely untouchable, and no fun.

And yes, he could make lightning strike an opponent, but he couldn't cause a lightning storm to appear by manipulating the probability of all weather. Strong, but not a god the rival of Zeus.

Mikes wrote:This is about Bill's ability to allocate luck to his advantage, and in this case, have Snaketopus and Cricketbat duke it out while he waits in the wings.

A little too strong - he doesn't possess telepathy, he can't change minds. He can frustrate a foe to the point of exhaustion, and make them give up and change course. He can redirect one opponent's attack to hit another opponent, thus sparking conflict. He cannot alter their free will outright. Again, too godlike.

ROU Killing Time wrote:Please, Don't nerf my baby... I love him as only a mad scientists, who's brain has been fused with a mass of cephaloserpentine flesh, can.

I'm with you on the constrictor arms. As I see it, he has 8 different snakes. A rattler, a pit viper, a boa, a python, a king cobra, a spitting cobra, a coral snake, and a garden snake. He covers your snake bases, the full bouquet of snake powers. He is also out of phase, and difficult to hit. I have though eliminated the human intelligence. He needed a touch of nerfing to be fair. Octopi are themselves smart and resourceful (cough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFOEZh1Lbbg cough), that is enough, until he beats Red Panda in a few rounds and grows wise. He's the front-runner from facebook and here, I consider him the sure favorite.

cinnamon wrote:Cricket Bat isn't wearing pants, and it's quite clear he doesn't have cricket junk. I don't think he's going to bother with a cup.

Cricket Bat has junk, it is internal. That protruding lower segment would open at the end, like a regular cricket. This is a terribly important thing to clarify.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Fri May 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Second bit of order - it's fair to assume a mega beast has certain unlisted abilities based on its animal nature. LBP is a platypus, so it follows that he has a barbed elbow spur and can deliver venomous stings. It isn't written in his powers, but I feel like it is safe to assume. Those write-ups can only be so exhaustive. They're frankly exhausting as is.

LBP also would swim well, if this fight was in water. This is a pointless assertion, yes, but a fair one, should it help an argument. Not all unlisted aspects are worth mentioning.

TO be fair, things fair to assumne about the other round 2'ers:

Snaketopus is squishy and can cram himself in to a small crevice for camouflage and protection. Cricket Bat can fly well, and still 'see' if blinded (bat part), take tremendous leaps in to the sky or sing with his hind legs (as befits a giant cricket), and talk (as befits a man). Also, untied to the animal nature thing - he has a literal cricket bat. He can deflect with it, that is his main method, but he could also smack someone up with it. Like a mouthy platypus.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 pm

StalinSays wrote:Also, untied to the animal nature thing - he has a literal cricket bat. He can deflect with it, that is his main method, but he could also smack someone up with it. Like a mouthy platypus.

He has a bat made from a cricket? Yikes, going a little medieval there!

I love the video of the 'pus. Puts Snaketopus in even better light!
I think that proves that Snaketopus will be camouflaged for the first part of the battle. I mean, that's what octopi do, right? He can do phase shifting to help out. The other two will engage in a comical battle of swings and misses, with luck-bill bending over to pick up a flower the instant Cricket takes a swing and misses just over him, spinning in a cartoon-like fashion. Eventually one will lose, and Snaketopus cleans up the mess. He'll be pretty hungry by then, anyway.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”