MBDM 2012 R4 Necromander vs Barracade vs Mr. D'ed

Which Mega-Beast would survive in a fight to the death?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Necromander
52%
Barracade
19%
Mr. D'Ed
29%

Total votes: 21

StalinSays
Beast-Master

MBDM 2012 R4 Necromander vs Barracade vs Mr. D'ed

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Mega-Beast Death-Match 2012 - Round 3 - voting will close on Monday July 9th

Make sure to also vote on Facebook and Deviant Art if you have the chance.

---- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - -------- - - -- <> -- - - ----- < - > ----- - - -- <> -- - - ----

Beast 1:
Necromander
Nature: Salamander
Size: 5' (Tall) 7' (Long)
Weight: 250 lbs
The familiar of an ancient warlock, breed for sinister purposes. An alligator-sized salamander, whose patterning resembles runes. A practitioner of the dark arts: utilizes curses and spell-casting over physical means of combat. Able to raise and subjugate the recent dead.

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 2:
Barracade
Nature: Pangolin (scaly anteater), Barracuda
Size: 4' (Tall) 8' (Long)
Weight: 2.5 tons
Steel scales create an impregnable body surface. Sharp, steel teeth. Can breathe underwater or on land. Hunger is insatiable, will rip and tear for the thrill. Voracious, opportunistic, capable of bursts of speed.'

---- - - -- <> -- - - -----

Beast 3:
Mr. D'Ed
Nature: Horse
Size: 10' (Long) 8' (Tall)
Weight: 1.25 tons
An unbelievable talking horse with the speed of light, a cloud of dust and a hearty Hi-Yo Mr. D'Ed! Time-bending speed fostered his return from those thrilling days of yesteryear! Will talk you down then hove your noggin.'

Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: MBDM 2012 R4 Necromander vs Barracade vs Mr. D'ed

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:15 am

Here we go again!

First thoughts:
Necromander has no offense or defense except magic. Since magi isn't defined, if people like him he'll be all-powerful, if they don't he's weak.

Barracade: "Steel scales create an impregnable body surface." It's nice to know this one can't get pregnant.

Mr. Ded: Um... Offense? Defense? I guess he can kick. Win the Kentucky Derby. Hope he doesn't break a leg.

I'm going for Barracade.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:31 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Here we go again!

First thoughts:
Necromander has no offense or defense except magic. Since magi isn't defined, if people like him he'll be all-powerful, if they don't he's weak.

Barracade: "Steel scales create an impregnable body surface." It's nice to know this one can't get pregnant.

Mr. Ded: Um... Offense? Defense? I guess he can kick. Win the Kentucky Derby. Hope he doesn't break a leg.

I'm going for Barracade.

Perfect summation of the podcast.
No need to listen to that mess now,... not that there ever was. ;)
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Necromander has no offense or defense except magic. Since magi isn't defined, if people like him he'll be all-powerful, if they don't he's weak.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going with the Harry Potter school of Dark Arts, IE, he's bad arse. even wizards could bring down giants in the battle for Hogwarts, so I'm going for Necromander unless someone can convince me otherwise.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:55 am

Also, black is so slimming.

MingoZK

Postby MingoZK » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm

If I understand his powers correctly, Mr. D'Ed can run at the speed of light, is that right? If that's so, then he will immediately speed-of-light run at Necromander. He could probably just plow into him to do the job, since he's far bigger and heavier than Necromander, thereby crushing him completely, or at least hurting and surprising him enough to give Mr. D'Ed time to horse-kick him in the head.

There's no hope for Necromander because there's no way he can conjure and cast anything at the speed of light, so he's just going to be too slow to do anything to impair Mr. D'Ed. This fight will be between Barracade and Mr. D'Ed.

I'm not sure if Mr. D'Ed can run full speed at Barracade and do any real harm because Barracade is twice as big as he is and has steel scales. However, how can Barracade attack something that can run speed-of-light circles around him? Sure, he's capable of bursts of speed, but is that really enough to compete with the speed of light? I suppose Barracade could retreat to the water and wait for Mr. D'Ed to flounder around in the water and make a mistake before striking. Or maybe Mr. D'Ed will waste energy running around, tire himself out, get slower and slower until Barracade can use a burst of speed to take him down.

I suppose Mr. D'Ed could run around and focus on giving Barracade hooves to the eyes, and for all I know about Barracade's anatomy, that could be the way Mr. D'Ed could take him down. As I write this, it does seem the more likely scenario. Mr. D'Ed needs to attack, and this seems the only way he could do it. I can only assume going for the eyes would eventually lead to a victory, since Barracade can't really go on the offensive.
Climate change is a great, big, left-wing conspiracy hoax designed to redistribute my hard-earned wealth to...fucking polar bears!

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:14 pm

C'mon folks, have we forgotten our basic physics? e-mc2?
The basic internal contradiction here is that a megabeast's powers may not by rule be infinite, or we have no contest. For every irresistable force there must be an immovable object.

When Mr. D'ed travels at the speed of light, he has infinite mass. He does not have to touch his opponent. Near proximity within his "event horizon" is enough to suck his opponent, one steel molecule after another, into the oblivion of the singularity.

Unless Bo intervenes to limit this power, the MBDM itself, Norm, St Tom, even the Dribblecast, will be at the mercy of the Improbability Drive. At the very least, we will all need to resubscribe to the feed on a different channel.

So, as the ad says, don't resubscribe to the feed on a different channel. Mr. D'ed must be doped immediately.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:24 pm

strawman wrote:C'mon folks, have we forgotten our basic physics? e-mc2?

Watch your words. That will be $120.

Mikes

Postby Mikes » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:13 am

strawman wrote:C'mon folks, have we forgotten our basic physics?

We are in a round where one contestant uses necromancy, and you're claiming science?

MingoZK

Postby MingoZK » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Even if Mr. D'Ed travels at merely close to the speed of light (or even just crazy fast), I still think that would be fast enough to preemptively attack Necromander before he can cast a spell, thus ensuring the fight is still between Mr. D'Ed and Barracade.
Climate change is a great, big, left-wing conspiracy hoax designed to redistribute my hard-earned wealth to...fucking polar bears!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Postby StalinSays » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:53 pm

I have a carefully crafted beast hypothesis to share. But for now, the simple announcement: round 4 podcast is live, check it out at http://www.drabblecast.org/2012/06/30/mega-beast-death-match-2012-episode-4/. Warning, explicit (like it'd be something else).
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

angagaur

Postby angagaur » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm

I really like Necromander. I think his powers are pretty cool and I dig his groovy runes.

However, I can't discount the old adage embodied by Mr. D'Ed:
Q: "How many Ewoks does it take to defeat Superman?"
A: "One, at sufficient velocity."

Beth Peters

Postby Beth Peters » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 pm

angagaur wrote:I really like Necromander. I think his powers are pretty cool and I dig his groovy runes.

However, I can't discount the old adage embodied by Mr. D'Ed:
Q: "How many Ewoks does it take to defeat Superman?"
A: "One, at sufficient velocity."

That joke fits this round PERFECT! Though, I'm also with those that say the light speed running thing is overrated. Mr Ded would totally explode or be severely damaged if he ran into either of the others. I was all for Necromander because I thought Mr Ded was actually dead but the podcast and descriptions seems to indicate that he just uses time distortion to travel from yeasteryear. So it's totally Barricade for the win!

By the way, the round 4 podcast was particularly funny. In fact, they seem to all be getting progressively more inebriated and that's a good thing in my opinion.
A Jetson Your Llama! I never said that it was a Mexican McDonalds!

behind the ziggurat

Postby behind the ziggurat » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Sharing what I just posted on the facebook, Mr D'Ed has got this. He's an old school tv show hero and old school tv show heroes always find a way to win in the end. I remember this came up in the Velasquez round a few years ago. Every so often a Mega-Beast comes along who is more than a mere Mega-Beast, but a real hero, and you know it's their destiny to triumph.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:35 pm

behind the ziggurat wrote:Sharing what I just posted on the facebook, Mr D'Ed has got this. He's an old school tv show hero and old school tv show heroes always find a way to win in the end. I remember this came up in the Velasquez round a few years ago. Every so often a Mega-Beast comes along who is more than a mere Mega-Beast, but a real hero, and you know it's their destiny to triumph.

But Velasquez died. <sniff>
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:But Velasquez died. <sniff>

And MOONOWL KIILED HIM!!

admiralsunshine

Postby admiralsunshine » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:17 am

I couldn't help but notice that near the end of this round's podcast Norm mentioned something about Gainseville. Is he coming down for a convention or something? I live in Central Florida so I never thought I'd get a chance to meet him, I'd definitely make that hour drive.
Don't read this signature!
----------------------------------
Oh no! You read it! If you don't copy this into your signature, then you will be...SUPERSTITIOUS

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:But Velasquez died. <sniff>

And MOONOWL KIILED HIM!!

Still seems like yesterday, don't it, Tom?

<passes you a box of kleenex to share>
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

HoopyFreud

Postby HoopyFreud » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm going to go ahead and say Necromander's got this. Why? Because he can subjugate the recently deceased, like Mr. D'Ed. Once he's got the Cosbyesque horse under control, he can use him like a puppet to block Barricade, although I'm not sure if relativistic time dilation would affect his ability to control the dead. Even if the answer is yes, he can just put Mr. D'ed between himself and Barricade, leaving him with enough time to curse Barricade into submission.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Well, if the poll would let me change my vote, I'm switching the D'ed. Magic incantations take time. Anybody who's ever played D&D or some such knows this to be true. What's the way to prevent a mage from casting? Hit him! D'ed could do this, even if he wasn't light-speed. Horses are pretty quick. With light speed (even fraction of light speed), there is no chance for Necromander.

Return to “Mega-Beast Death-Match Season 5 (Winter 2012)”