T-shirts

For artwork inspired by Drabblecast
tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:34 am

Heee heee... Awesome.

We're going to need several different ones tho, ya know? Like a new shirt every few months or something. (Demands, demands, I know.)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:01 am

fo sho
"Give us all some Jelly"

Goldenrat

Postby Goldenrat » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Sounds boring, but could you eventually make some with just the logo on the front? My 8th grader wants one in the worst way and I think the oversensitive louts of our society might react negatively if he wore that to school.
Raise your fists and scream "black smut"!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Goldenrat wrote:Sounds boring, but could you eventually make some with just the logo on the front? My 8th grader wants one in the worst way and I think the oversensitive louts of our society might react negatively if he wore that to school.

Sounds like Episode 88.
Advertise in this space!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Okay. I did not get a Drabblecast t-shirt for Christmas, so now I want to buy one. How do I go about that, again?
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:25 am

Sorry to hear. You must have been a naughty Tweety this year.
Just email quantity, size and mailing address to drabblecast@yahoo.com!
Won't be able to ship out till the 10th or so though, so no rush.
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:29 am

Well, they were trying to make pies out of talking chickens, so it only stands to reason.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Got my shirt!

I dig it, but Mrs. Tweedy says it looks like the dolphin is humping the pig. Like you say, some people's minds are always in the gutter. :roll:

I think it's a really fun picture, because it makes you wonder "Why?" To me, the answer is obvious: The pig wanted to get across some water, and the Bureau of Animal Transportation (BAT) needed to fill it's "affirmative action" quota for cetacean employees (never mind that the pig will drown).

Another answer which occurs to me is that there was high unemployment in the Animal Kingdom, so the Bureau of Animal Poverty Prevention (BAPP) appointed the pigs to be dolphin hydrators and the dolphins to be pig height enhancers. Now both pigs and dolphins live in abject misery, tied forever to the shoreline and unable to enjoy their natural lives, but BAPP lists them all as being "fully employed." The Animal President hails the program as a great success and is touting it in his reelection campaign.

And, since I'm a roll, there's always the possibility that the monkey who tied them together was a member of the Monkey Knot-tiers Union (MKtU) and they cannot be untied until a member of the Monkey Knot-untiers Union (MKuU) shows up, since there would surely be lawsuits if an MKtU member did MKuU work. (The MKtU monkey is smoking a cigarette just off-camera.)

Oo! Oo! The pigs must carry the dolphins around as reparations because 57 million years ago the ancestors of the pigs chased the ancestors of the dolphins into the ocean. This is justice, animals, justice!

Sorry. Bitter right-winger venting some steam. :( Argh! McCain, you loser, I hate you so much!! Ha ha! You thought there was something written here, but there isn't! (Well, I guess there is technically, but, still, joke's on you.)
Advertise in this space!

Kevin Anderson
Forums Czar

Postby Kevin Anderson » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 am

is anyone going to model these T's for us? No wet t-shirt pics please

And I agree with Mrs. Tweedy - it does look like a dolphin slicing himself off a piece of ham.
"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion"

Facebook | Web Site | Night of the Living Trekkies | Book Trailer

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:31 am

Kevin Anderson wrote:And I agree with Mrs. Tweedy - it does look like a dolphin slicing himself off a piece of ham.

Aw, guys! I want to wear this shirt. Geez. :evil:
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Postby strawman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:43 pm

It takes so little for Norm's 'minimalist Dada' veneer of respectability explanation to be exposed as denial or suggestion. The real message of the tee is "Norm convinced me I could get away with this." Or, simply, "I believe in Norm". A statement of faith.
Cleverly designed to engage others in society in discussions in which you can practice convincing them to believe in Norm too. For strange tee-shirt wearers, such as yourself.
If that doesn't make you fly, consider it as a nightshirt. If you've got a DC Missus, she might get turned on. Note: Chances improve if you let her be the dolphin.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:22 pm

strawman wrote:It takes so little for Norm's 'minimalist Dada' veneer of respectability explanation to be exposed as denial or suggestion. The real message of the tee is "Norm convinced me I could get away with this." Or, simply, "I believe in Norm". A statement of faith.

Strange you can believe in.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Postby strawman » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:44 pm

The DC campaign slogan!

By day, he's a mild-mannered music teacher. But at the call of the monkey-faced pig, he is transformed into the masked crusader....Flash Friction! Who, with his sidekicks, Luc's Dad and Candle, devote themselves to exposing the fundamental improbability of normalcy.

Where do I send my check?

Spoiler:

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:05 pm

Well, I got my first bit of t-shirt feedback today. While I was helping Norah (who insists on being called "WALL-E" today) use the potty, she pointed at my shirt and asked. "Daddy, why is elephant worried?" I explained to her that the pig was worried because it has a dolphin tied to its back. She seemed to think that was a fine explanation.
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

looking

Postby StalinSays » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Well, to weigh in officially, it is drawn to be a sort of 'projectors paradise.' The idea being someone would see a completely nonsensical image, let the demons in their mind flesh out a story, and make a completely random assumption about the drabblecast. Some say, oh a gene splicing podcast, others, oh a cute collection of children's stories, others, oh it must be about the labors of that there pig. And for the regrettable deviants amongst them "ummm rough trade animal fetishism?" Whichever way, they'd be heading toward the site.

I did try to keep the image feeling PG. Anatomically speaking, the mating there isn't possible, considering where a dolphin stores its equipment, closer to the dorsal than the tale. But hey, you cloth yourself in ambiguity, this is what you get.

If anyone is interested, here are the original thumbnails I presented to Norm and company, circa mid summer. You can see the fetal version of the animals improvements concept right there, note about potential salacious misunderstandings in tact.

http://www.bokaier.com/drabble_shirts/

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Runner-up: Dolphork --- the other other white meat

Spoiler:

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Oh, hell yeah on the Worm Infestation. Do it in Trump 'l Oeil!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm

I think "Improvements" is definitely the best one. "The Battle" is cool too.

I tried to explain to Mrs. Tweedy that the dolphin's and pig's genitalia are a good two feet apart in the picture, but she didn't seem to think it mattered. :(
Advertise in this space!

Return to “DrabbleArt”