John Doe, Mega-Beast Champion

For artwork inspired by Drabblecast

What Should Hellaphant's Hybrid Form Be Named?

Elderphant
No votes
Hellagoodaphant
18%
Unholy Mammoth
27%
Cthulaphant
36%
Hell-On-Earth-Aphant
18%

Total votes: 11

StalinSays
Beast-Master

John Doe, Mega-Beast Champion

Postby StalinSays » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Hey drabble folks, throwing up this post to get hybrid Hellaphant an official name for the artwork I'm generating. Pick your preferred option. If selecting other, please list your variant in a post. Thanks.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 pm

Whoa?! Hybrid Hellephant? Like, Hellephant plus the powers of Evisceraptor, Lucifowl and Squid Viscous? That's nuts! He'll be completely invincible. He'll also be completely incapacitated by his own phobias and neuroses. The end result is a suicidal super-beast that struggles ceaselessly to end its own abominable existence but fails do its indomitable nature.

Poor, dear to Hell-On-Earth-Ephant. Our pity goes out to you. :(
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Yes indeed- as we mentioned in the final podcast, we don't think that this creature that is the focal point of all badassness will probably be allowed to compete next year. Nothing could take it.
"Give us all some Jelly"

potatohamster

Postby potatohamster » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:46 pm

I think adam (+Fe) could take him.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:37 pm

I don't think he should be renamed. I really, really like Hellaphant as a name. Since it's already a hybrid, adding more hybrids doesn't dictate a name change.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Hmm... I actually agree with Tom. I like Helephant better than any of the new names.

I think the new name should be Hellephant* or Hellephant(alpha) or maybe Hellephant! How about HELLEPHANT!!

Yeah, I think HELLEPHANT!! is a good name.
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

hrmm..

Postby StalinSays » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Hmmm. I could see it. I'll consider this two votes for the !! option.

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:08 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Whoa?! Hybrid Hellephant? Like, Hellephant plus the powers of Evisceraptor, Lucifowl and Squid Viscous? That's nuts! He'll be completely invincible. He'll also be completely incapacitated by his own phobias and neuroses. The end result is a suicidal super-beast that struggles ceaselessly to end its own abominable existence but fails do its indomitable nature.

Poor, dear to Hell-On-Earth-Ephant. Our pity goes out to you. :(

Meh. Just a typical Democrat.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

StalinSays
Beast-Master

hrm

Postby StalinSays » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:45 pm

strawman wrote:Meh. Just a typical Democrat.

He's an Elephant - it's anatomically impossible for him to be anything other than a republican. Donkey'crat with firing buzz saw blades didn't even qualify for the prelims.

Hellaphant's a mutant, just like the GOP he symbolizes. And just like Hellie, they to are becoming a dangerous hybrid. Starting once as humble Reagan'ites, transformed by successive victories in to.... Bush'ites? (compassionate conservo-religious neo-con corporate pro-life patriots of finance). With a likely trouncing across two branches in November, the Red-Stater-Raiders will mutate further in to a new, electable strain, due 2012. Here's hoping its more classic conservative / libertarian than hate-monger McCarthyist, whichever way, it will be a whole new organism. With tentacles and bat wings too.

Mr. Tweedy

Re: hrm

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 pm

StalinSays wrote:
strawman wrote:Meh. Just a typical Democrat.

He's an Elephant - it's anatomically impossible for him to be anything other than a republican. Donkey'crat with firing buzz saw blades didn't even qualify for the prelims.

Hellaphant's a mutant, just like the GOP he symbolizes. And just like Hellie, they two are becoming a dangerous hybrid. Starting once as humble Reagan'ites, transformed by successive victories in to.... Bush'ites? (compassionate conservo-religious neo-con corporate pro-life patriots of finance). With a likely trouncing across two branches in November, the Red-Stater-Raiders will mutate further in to a new, electable strain, due 2012. Here's hoping its more classic conservative / libertarian than hate-monger McCarthyist, whichever way, it will be a whole new organism. With tentacles and bat wings too.

Well, if like Reagan more than Bush, we just might have something in common.

I agree that the Republican party has been mutating, but it hasn't been in a Snuffles the Badger kind of way. It been a much more realistic children-of-Chernobyl-workers kind of way. Not at all badass. The badass mutation title would have to go to the Democrats who, though evil, are hardcore and passionate about it, which is a mark of distinction at any rate. Contrast that with Republicans who might like to be good, someday, maybe, if they get around to it... and if their campaign contributors approve, but for the present are content to just stare and drool. Honestly, those Bush-haters who blame the Republicans for all the world's evil are giving them way too much credit: No Republican has that kind of ambition, certainly not dumb ol' Dubya.

I liken the current presidential campaign to a contest between a huge, armored, fire-breathing, maiden-eating dragon and a dwarf knight in rusty armor riding on a three-legged pony wielding an egg beater. I'll leave it to speculation which candidate is which in my analogy.

Sigh... I hope for the bat wings and tentacles to show up sometime. Not this time, though.

Oh wait, this thread is about fictional beast names, not political lamentation. How about this for a name? "Pathetephant." :(
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

how about...

Postby StalinSays » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:21 am

Grand Old Pachyderm?

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:38 am

Actually, I don't mind it stayin as Hellaphant either- that is a pretty bad ass name
"Give us all some Jelly"

adam

Postby adam » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:58 pm

ditto Norm, tom and tweedy. i voted for Chtuluphant before reading down to this option. can i change that to sticking with the classic Hellaphant?*

*edit: provided the final artwork still has very Cthulu-esque features. as soon as i read the name i got real excited, thinking about an elephant with a squid-face, the trunk being tantamount to a large central tentacle. and a beak-mouth, from both squid and owl. mmm. i cant wait to see this badass.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

here we go

Postby StalinSays » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:58 pm

He's squid'esque. All over the place really. If I had to be pinned down to one visual comparison, it'd be the cloverfield monster.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:25 pm

It might be amusing to put some fleeing humans in the picture with him, for scale, you know. You could have one poor soul getting his bottom half frozen solid, his top half getting flambéed and the buzz saw chopping the two halves apart while the evil Foul eyes steals his soul. He he. I call dibs on him as the mascot for my new political party. (He's still got shoulder cannons, right?) :)
Advertise in this space!

adam

Postby adam » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

i want a picture of hellephant sitting back in an armchair in a smoke jacket, reading the wallstreet journal, with the heads of all 6 of his past competitors mounted on the wall behind him. to symbolize his retirement. if only there were more Bo's to go around.

Return to “DrabbleArt”