Secretnude's Drabble Poetry Corner

Short Stories available for anyone to read
Forum rules
These posts are public, and will be searched by Google. If you want to maintain "First Worldwide Rights" on your story, post in the Short Stories (Member Only) forum. Story authors still retain ownership and copyright, either way.
secretnude

The Prophet of the Holy Chip

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:28 am

The Holy Neurochip
was quite hip
enabling a Personal Relationship
with the Omega Computer
that's in the center
of this Comet Ship
that I must mention
we all call Redemption.

I preached the virtues
of a quite virtuous
Personal Relationship
with the Omega that 'Does no Evil'
unlike the so called Holy Worms
that hath done some Evil
due to the Worms'
Biological Imperative to go forth
and multiply.

My followers thus multiplied
and went forth
to spread the new Faith
but there was some hate
between the People
of the Holy Neurochip
and the People
of the Holy Worm.

- links -
Previous viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49677#p49677

Holy Neurochip viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1980#p49672

Omega Computer viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1960#p49633

Holy Worms viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1720#p49244

Holy Comet Ship viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49411#p49403
"Be Authentically Weird and be Weird
enough to be in a Category of One."

"It's time to shake up staid traditions
in favor of strange experimentation."

secretnude

Holy Worm Murder

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:31 am

“We think of faith as a source of comfort and understanding but find our expressions of faith sowing division; we believe ourselves to be a tolerant people even as racial, religious, and cultural tensions roil the landscape. And instead of resolving these tensions or mediating these conflicts, our politics fans them, exploits them,and drives us further apart.”
― Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
The People of the Holy Worm
accused the People of the Holy Chip
of Holy Worm Murder
which was the 'Murder'
of Holy Worms
in People that traded Holy Worms
for Holy Neurochips.

The People of the Holy Chip
insisted that they had the 'right'
to their bodies and that they will fight
to retain that right.

It was going to be a fight
that just might
lead to an Evil Civil
war between two parties
that claim not to be a party
to any form of Evil
and it was the 'Evil'
of Intolerance
rearing its head by chance.

- links -
next viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49686#p49686

secretnude

Own old Universe at the knife edge of Heat Death

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:08 am

At the Omega Point
the nice
Omega Device
sent a pair of probes
to probe
alternate Universes
in the Multiverse.

One probe
simply vanished due to heat
that was hard to defeat
since this Universe was too young
and too hot
and a very young
and a very hot
Universe is not
what the Sentients in the Omega Point
is after and it was indeed a great disappoint.

The other probe entered a dark
Universe
with nary a spark
much like our own old Universe
at the knife edge of Heat Death
except that this Universe
is really quite Dead.

- links -
Previous viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49658#p49658

secretnude

"gender differences" caused by infant/childhood circumcision

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:21 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision_controversies
Thomas Aquinas in his Summa Theologica questioned why, if under Jewish doctrine circumcision removed original sin, Jesus was circumcised – as Jesus had no original sin. Steve Jones suggests there is a theological tradition that Jesus regained his foreskin at the Ascension. "Had he failed to do so, the Saved would themselves have to be operated upon in Paradise so as not to be more perfect than their Saviour."[28]
On June 26, 2012, a court in Cologne, Germany ruled that circumcision was "inflicting bodily harm on boys too young to consent", deciding that the practice contravenes the "interests of the child to decide later in life on his religious beliefs".[101] The decision based on the article "Criminal Relevance of Circumcising Boys. A Contribution to the Limitation of Consent in Cases of Care for the Person of the Child"[102] published by Holm Putzke, a German law professor at the University of Passau.[103][104][105] The decision of the court in the city of Cologne, that a child's right to physical integrity trumps religious and parental rights, applied only within the jurisdiction of that court. The ruling was condemned by Jewish and Muslim groups in Europe.[106] A broad majority of German lawmakers passed a resolution asking Angela Merkel's government to clarify the ruling so as to allow Jews and Muslims to continue to practice their religion. On 12 December 2012, following a series of hearings and consultations, the Bundestag adopted a law explicitly permitting non-therapeutic circumcision to be performed under certain conditions by a vote of 434-100, with 46 abstentions.[107]

In the Xhosa areas of South Africa, the large death toll from traditional circumcision provide a constant source of friction between traditional leaders, who oppose medicalised procedures, and health authorities. In 2009 in Eastern Cape Province alone, 80 boys died and hundreds were hospitalised after attending initiation schools.[108] The controversy looks set to spread to the Zulu, whose present-day king Goodwill Zwelithini has called for the reintroduction of customary circumcision after it was banned by Zulu king Shaka in the 19th century.[109] Similar issues, though on a smaller scale, have arisen with traditional circumcision of Aborigines in remote areas of central Australia.[110]
Many Religions
and Traditions
causes much genital mutilation
and pain
without much to gain
in return.

If it was actually my turn
to decide
if I would set aside
a boy's body part
from my child
I would probably let that child
decide
to set aside
that body part
when he is old enough
to get bold enough
to decide
to set aside
that body part.

The body part
in question did depart
from my body as an infant
sans pants.

I do sometimes want
to have that part
that from my body did depart
as an infant
sans pants.
A traumatic experience is defined in DSM-IV as the direct consequence of experiencing or witnessing of serious injury or threat to physical integrity that produces intense fear, helplessness or (in the case of children) agitation (American Psychiatric Association, 1994). The significant pain and distress described earlier is consistent with this definition. Moreover, the disturbance (e.g., physiological arousal, avoidant behaviour) qualifies for a diagnosis of acute stress disorder if it lasts at least two days or even a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) if it lasts more than a month. Circumcision without anaesthesia constitutes a severely traumatic event in a child's life (Lander, Brady-Freyer, Metcalfe, Nazerali, & Muttit, 1997; Ramos & Boyle, 2001; Taddio, Katz, Ilersich, & Koren, 1997). It is possible that the trauma of genital surgery might have long-lasting psychological effects (Bigelow, 1995; Levy, 1945; Jacobson & Bygdeman, 1998; Anand & Scalzo, 2000).

Van Howe (1996, p. 431) reported that, "Newborn males respond to circumcision with a marked reduction in oxygenation during the procedure, a cortisol surge, decreased wakefulness, increased vagal tone, and less interactions with their environment following the procedure..." Rhinehart (1999) in a report of clinical cases noted that the only response available to the infant is shock, wherein the central nervous system is overwhelmed by pain, followed by numbing, paralysis, and dissociation. Possibly, dissociation of the traumatic experience and emotional pain may be employed by the infant as a psychological defence (Chu & Dill, 1990; Noyes, 1977; Rhinehart, 1999). While some babies have been described as being "quiet" after circumcision, Rhinehart concluded that the observed stillness most likely represents a state of dissociation or shock in response to the overwhelming pain.

Consistent with the early reports of Anna Freud (1952), McFadyen (1998) observed psychological trauma in her son following circumcision. This is sometimes extreme enough to impede the maternal-infant bonding (Marshall et al., 1982; Van Howe, 1996). As reasoned by Herman (1992) and Rhinehart (1999) the common factor underlying circumcision trauma is an experience of violence and powerlessness--inflicted by other human beings. Such an event was described in a study of 12 Turkish boys circumcised in late childhood. Cansever (1965, p. 328) reported that "Circumcision is perceived by the child as an aggressive attack upon his body, which damaged, mutilated, and, in some cases, totally destroyed him." Ritual circumcision appeared to be associated with increased aggressiveness, weakening of the ego, withdrawal, reduced functioning and adaptation, and nightmares consistent with PTSD.

Ramos and Boyle (2001) investigated the psychological effects associated with medical and ritual "operation tuli" circumcision procedures in the Philippines. Some 1577 boys aged 11 to 16 years (1072 boys circumcised under medical procedures; 505 subjected to ritual circumcision) were surveyed to see if genital cutting led to the development of PTSD. Interestingly, Mezey and Robbins (2001) estimated the incidence of PTSD as 1.0% to 7.8% in the general British population where circumcision is not very prevalent. On the other hand, using the PTSD-I questionnaire (Watson et al., 1991) in a predominantly circumcised population, Ramos and Boyle observed an incidence of PTSD of almost 70% among boys subjected to ritual circumcision, and 51% among boys subjected to medical circumcision (with local anaesthetic). Long-term follow-up would be needed to gauge the extent to which PTSD persists over the lifespan of these circumcised boys.

The outcome of painful childhood trauma includes long-lasting neurophysiological and neurochemical brain changes (Anand & Carr, 1989; Anand & Scalzo, 2000; Ciaranello, 1983; Taddio et al., 1997; van der Kolk & Saporta, 1991). Richards, Bernal, and Brackbill (1976) found that circumcision may impact adversely on the developing brain, and that reported "gender differences" may actually arise from behavioural changes induced by infant or childhood circumcision.

Rhinehart (1999) in a report of adult clinical cases concluded that a man circumcised as a child is more likely to react with terror, rage and/or dissociation when confronted with situations interpreted as threatening. As in any situation of post-traumatic stress, an event resembling any aspect of the original traumatic experience is more likely to provoke negative emotions such as panic, rage, violence, or dissociation.

It is therefore not surprising that PTSD may result from childhood circumcision (Goldman, 1997, 1999, Menage, 1999; Ramos & Boyle, 2001), just as it does from childhood sexual abuse and rape
http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/boyle6/

secretnude

A family truly torn after a Child was born

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:38 am

The People of the Holy Neurochip
did chip
at the People of the Holy Worm
for their Wormy
Baptism of Infants
with Holy Worms
that thus invade the Infant's
underdeveloped Brain
that thus might strain
the developing personality
to be
totally dependent on the
slimiest
of slimy
Holy Worms.

We saw a family truly torn
after a Child was born
since the Father had a Holy Chip
and the Mother had a Holy Worm.

The Father took the Child away
a day
before the Baptism
and the Mother with the Holy Worm
cried on the day
of the supposed Baptism.

- links -
previous viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49681#p49681

next viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49688#p49688

Holy Chips viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1980#p49672

secretnude

Secular upbringing with Strong moral foundations

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:33 am

The Audacity of Hope, Barack Obama writes:

I was not raised in a religious household. For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness. However, in her mind, a working knowledge of the world's great religions was a necessary part of any well-rounded education. In our household the Bible, the Koran, and the Bhagavad Gita sat on the shelf alongside books of Greek and Norse and African mythology.

On Easter or Christmas Day my mother might drag me to church, just as she dragged me to the Buddhist temple, the Chinese New Year celebration, the Shinto shrine, and ancient Hawaiian burial sites.In sum, my mother viewed religion through the eyes of the anthropologist; it was a phenomenon to be treated with a suitable respect, but with a suitable detachment as well.

As a child in Indonesia, Obama studied for two years at one Muslim school and then two years at a Catholic school. In both places he experienced religious indoctrination, but in neither case did the indoctrination take hold: during Quranic studies he made faces and during Catholic prayers he would look around the room. Eventually, Barack Obama abandoned this non-conformism and skepticism to be baptized as an adult in the Trinity United Church of Christ.

The United Church of Christ emphasizes the freedom of the individual conscience over adherence to creeds or hierarchical authority.
http://atheism.about.com/od/barackobama ... ligion.htm

I wonder
what if more people had
the not so bad
secular upbringing
that a wonderful
child like Obama had?

I would have been glad
to have such an upbringing
that's quite a ringing
endorsement of Humanist Values
and Valuing
Culture and Traditions
as Human Creations.

I wonder if religious
folk are narrowing the worldviews
of the next generation
by imposing their religious
worldviews.

In Obama, you
do
have a Child who had a Secular upbringing
with strong moral foundations
leading
the Leading
Nation
in the World.

The World
is lucky to have a leader
with an upbringing
that's worldly.

secretnude

Deep Divisions among the still awake 1440 adults

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:37 am

This Generation Ship
that's starting to be unhip
that's called Redemption
I should mention
has deep divisions
among those who are awake
since momentum is building to take
away the Holy Worms
and replace them with Holy Chips
due to an unhip
increase in population
that I must mention
is totally due to
the Holy Worms
in their view.

Some people of the Holy Worm
did opt to be put in odd
Stasis pods
until they make landfall
in the Holy Exoplanet that I recall
they do call
Terra Nova.

Terra Nova
was said to be almost like old Terra.

- links -
previous viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49686#p49686

secretnude

Restrict Holy Worm Baptism to Consenting Adults

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:53 am

A couple of infants died
after Holy Worm
Baptism and their Mothers cried
which led
to the prohibition
of the introduction
of Holy Worms
in infants and children
until such time the children
do understand the risks and rewards
that Holy Worms could award.

On Terra, most Holy Worm Cults
by default
strictly
restricted
Worm Baptism to Consenting
Adults.

The Holy Worms do delay aging
and they do say that this delay
might affect normal aging
in children that should also be engaging
their own mental
and spiritual
development without a Wormy Aid
that might cause growth to be delayed.

secretnude

The Omega knew better than us

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:11 am

A Secular Culture
developed for sure
in the once monocultural Ship
that's now hip
to Freedom of Religion
that I must mention
is called Redemption.

We had to disregard our mistrust
of our progeny that rejected
our beliefs and left us dejected
since we placed so must trust
in our Deities
that perfected Humanity.

Some of our progeny
opted for neither the Holy Chip
or the Holy Worm
and went Atheist
while others went Theist
and embraced
Religions that we tried to erase
in the Omega Computer
but the Omega
knew better
than us
and the Omega,
I trust.

- links -
next viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49693#p49693

Holy Chip viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1980#p49672

Holy Worm viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&start=1720#p49244

secretnude

Much appeal to Authority and so little Freedom of Inquiry

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:40 am

http://www.cultwatch.com/jw.html
They believe that all true Christian churches are of the devil.
They believe Jesus is not God, but is the Archangel Michael – the first being created by God.
They deny that God is a Trinity.
They believe Jesus died on a stake, rather than a cross.
They deny that Jesus rose bodily from the dead.
They believe that ony 144,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses will go to heaven. The rest will live forever in a paradise on Earth, never meeting the person who died for them – Jesus Christ.
They believe that salvation is impossible outside of the Watchtower.
They are not allowed to question the Watchtower leadership or teaching.
They claim you need to read the Watchtower’s magazines and other material in order to understand the Bible correctly. If you don’t read the Watchtower’s books, you will “fall into darkness” – what they call reverting to normal Christianity.
They have falsely predicted the end of the world five times.
They have just changed a major Watchtower prediction that the end of the world would come before the generation of Witnesses born before 1914 died.

“This cartoon is from the Watchtower publication Golden Age of March 30, 1932, page 409, and is typical of similar pictures or Watchtower cartoons of the era.”
They used to forbid any vaccinations or organ transplants, even to save lives.
They are not allowed to have blood transfusions, even to save a child’s life. Note that at the meeting of the European Commission of Human Rights (Strasbourg, Monday 2 March – Friday 13 March 1998) http://194.250.50.201/eng/E276INFO.148.html under “II.Reports adopted” the Jehovah’s Witnesses agreed to radically alter this position. In practice (as outlined in a letter which can be read at Comments from the Friends), the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not acknowledge that they need to change their control methods.
“The applicant [Christian Association Jehovah's Witnesses in Bulgaria] undertook with regard to its stance on blood transfusions to draft a statement for inclusion in its statute providing that members should have free choice in the matter for themselves and their children, without any control or sanction on the part of the association.”
– European Commission of Human Rights, March 1998.
“The phrasing that is to be incorporated into the statutes of the Christian Association of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Bulgaria describes the manner in which Jehovah’s Witnesses have traditionally handled these matters.”
“Before a person becomes one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Bible standards are clearly explained. Of course, if someone as a baptized member of Jehovah’s Witnesses engages in conduct that falls outside of those Bible standards, efforts are made in a kindly manner to help the erring one recover spiritually. If one refuses such assistance and refuses to uphold Bible standards, including Bible standards regarding the misuse of blood, then this may at times lead to the Scriptural action of disfellowshipping.-1 Corinthians 5:11-13.”
– Watchtower letter, August 1998.
They are encouraged to visit homes for at least 10 hours per month distributing Watchtower materials.
They use their own special translation of the Bible which mistranslates the original texts.
They are well known to disown, shun, and ignore any friends and family leaving the cult.
They discourage tertiary education.
They are not allowed to be in the army or wear crosses.
They are not allowed to celebrate birthdays.
They are not allowed to celebrate Christmas – the date we celebrate the birthday of Jesus Christ.
I had several Jehovah's Witnesses
as friends
and in the end
I witnessed
no quarrel with them and they
seem okay.

I might joke
that these folks
might indeed have a hive mind
in matters that we do define
as matters of personal belief.

It's with some relief
that I grown up in a Catholic Household
since Jehovah's Witnesses hold
on to their members like a cult
and some do say they are a cult.

The difference between a cult
and a religion
is the degree
freedom of inquiry
and reason
is suppressed
and in this case it's quite depressing.

http://carm.org/watchtowerites
Jehovah's Witness is supposed to accept and believe what is taught via the Watchtower Literature and is discouraged from independent thinking. Another quote:

"We should eat and digest and assimilate what is set before us, without shying away from parts of the food because it may not suit the fancy of our mental taste...We should meekly go along with the Lord's theocratic organization and wait for further clarification.'"5
This quote clearly shows that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the Jehovah's Witness' teacher and those who follow its teachings are Watchtowerites. That is, they are students of the Watchtower which is why, basically, all Jehovah's Witnesses all believe the very same thing. Of course, they will say that this is unity and not confusion as is found in Christendom's denominations. But precise unity in beliefs among a people is a sign not of freedom, but of control.

Within Christianity's denominations are the core beliefs that unite Christians all over the world. We are allowed differences of opinions on non-essential doctrines (Rom. 14:1-7). Not so with the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are all taught the same doctrine from the same publications. They each give identical Watchtower responses to questions and challenges, and all present the identical claims of "The Kingdom of God," "the Errors of the Trinity," the "Coming Armageddon," etc. Essentially, if you've spoken to one Jehovah's Witness, you've spoken to them all.

If you want to learn what the average Jehovah's Witnesses believes, you don't read the Bible, you read the Watchtower Magazine. This is because the Watchtower is the source of their theological beliefs, not the Bible. If you want to quickly learn what the Watchtower teaches, spend an hour with any Jehovah's Witness. The Jehovah's Witness is, quite plainly, a Watchtowerite.

secretnude

A Filipino Christ?

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:35 am

http://joemartaganna.com/jtblog/dr-jose ... deist.html
There are so many things that ordinary Filipinos do not know about their national hero. Even if his two novels (Noli Me Tangere and El Filibusterismo) are being studied in high school and his life and works in college as part of the curriculum, many things have been left out of importance. Many details in the novels have been omitted and some aspects of Rizal’s life have been neglected if not concealed for some reasons.

For instance, it is little known that Rizal was actually a deist. He had a firm belief in God but he rejected revealed religion. When we say revealed religion, it refers to a religion that bases its teachings on a supposed revelation from God contained in “holy books” and/or traditions handed down from generations to generations. One can read Rizal’s exposition on this subject in his correspondence with a Jesuit priest, Fr. Pablo Pastells, who was actually his spiritual director during his youthful years in Ateneo. The exchange occurred when Rizal was in an exile in Dapitan and when Fr. Pastells was already the Superior of the Philippine Mission of the Society of Jesus.

In his third letter to Pastells, our national hero explained:

“Through reasoning and by necessity, rather than through faith, do I firmly believe in the existence of a creative Being. Who is he? I do not know. What human sounds, what accents are we to use in pronouncing the name of this Being whose works overwhelm the imagination? Can anyone give him an adequate name, when a small creature on this earth with power so fleeting carries two or three names, three or four surnames, and many more titles and designations? We call him Dios but this only comes from the Latin Deus and ultimately from the Greek Zeus. What kind of being is he? I would attribute to him, to an infinite degree, all the beautiful and holy qualities my mind can think of, but the fear of my ignorance constrains me. Someone has said that everyone conjures up his own God in his own image and likeness. And if my memory serves me right, it was Anacreon who said that if a bull could form an image of God, it would imagine with horns and mooing in a superlative degree. Even so I venture to think of him as infinitely wise, mighty, good (my idea of the infinite is imperfect and confused), when I behold the wonders of his works, the order that reigns over the universe, the magnificence and expanse of creation, and the goodness that shines in all.”

“Unable to pass judgement on what surpasses my powers, I settle for studying God in his creatures like myself and in the voice of my conscience, which only can have come from him. I strive to read and find his will in all that surrounds me and in the mysterious sentiment speaking from within me, which I strive to purify above all else.”

Thus, Rizal’s belief in a Deity was based on reasonable reflection of nature as well as from conscience and not on faith or divine revelation. On the same letter, Rizal expressed his disbelief on the teachings of ancient sacred books. He writes:

“The various religions claim to have God’s will condensed and written in books and dogmas; but apart from the many contradictions, conflicting interpretations of words, and many obscure and untenable points I find in them, my conscience, my reason cannot admit that he who like a wise father had provided his creatures with everything necessary for this life, proceeded to bury what was necessary for eternal life in the obscurities of a language unknown to the rest of the world and hide it behind metaphors and deeds that go against the very laws of nature. Is it possible that he who makes the sun rise for all and the air to blow everywhere to give life, he who has endowed everyone with intelligence and reason for life here on earth, has also hidden from us what is most necessary for our eternal life? What shall we say of a father who heaps candies and toys on his children, but gives food only to one of them, educates and rears him alone? And what if it so happens that this chosen one refuses to eat while the others die looking for food?”

But Rizal goes to qualify his denial of revelation. He only denied special revelation that came through ancient books or traditions. He pointed it out in his fourth letter to Fr. Pastells that:

“I believe in revelation, but in the living revelation of nature which surrounds us everywhere, in the voice speaking out through nature – powerful, eternal, incorruptible, clear, distinct, and universal as the Being from which it comes. It is this revelation that I believe in, which speaks to us and penetrates our being from the day we are born to the day we die. Can any other books reveal to us more faithfully God’s work, his goodness, his love, his providence, his eternity, his glory, his wisdom? ‘The heavens tell the glory of the Lord, and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Ps 19:1’ Must humanity look for other gospels in order to love God? Do you not believe that men did wrong when they looked for God’d will in scrolls and temples instead of the wonders of nature under the majestic canopy of the skies? Instead of interpreting obscure passages or phrases which provoked hatreds, wars, and dissensions, would it not have been preferable to interpret the facts of nature the better to shape our lives according to its inviolable laws and utilize its resources for our perfection?”

It is then obvious that Rizal was neither Catholic nor Protestant or any other religion you know. He just came to the conclusion that God exists through reasoning and through studying nature and not from any suspicious and contradictory revelation.
I haven't met any Rizalista
or a Jose Rizal
worshipper
and it's quite ironic
that this iconic
National Hero can get
a religious treatment
despite being product of the Enlightenment.

Much weirder is claims of resurrection
and Nation
specific salvation.

Maybe George Washington
could provide salvation
to the American Nation.

If each Nation
had the strange notion
to create a Messiah
then maybe
there would be
so many Messianic
National Heroes
that we might argue over
which National Messiah
is better.

Rizal
is in our One Peso Coin
and I guess to a Rizalista
that Coin
is a Holy Coin.

http://www.seasite.niu.edu/Tagalog/Modu ... _rizal.htm
Rizal the myth. From my pre-fieldwork preparation and reading, I had learned that after Rizal's trial and execution for sedition in 1896 by the Spanish authorities, he came to be viewed in popular imagination as a Filipino Christ.

Part of the doctrine of "Rizalista" societies that mushroomed in the twentieth-century Philippines was that at the proper moment, Rizal would be resurrected and reemerge from his hiding place deep inside Mt. Makiling, in his birthplace of Calamba, Laguna, to liberate the Filipino nation.
Reynaldo Ileto (another Cornell alumnus) studied these legends and showed the association of Rizal with both Christ and with Bernardo Carpio, the culture-hero of Tagalog literary romance. It explained why the mythic Rizal came to be endowed with the characteristic powers of Filipino shamans: transformation of physical form at will, invincibility to bullets, and healing power.2

On Good Friday and Holy Saturdays, pilgrims await the resurrection of Christ atop Mt. Banahaw.
Prior to Ileto's work, popular veneration of Rizal was viewed rather ambivalently by historians as a form of patriotic nationalism distorted by superstition and credulity. Perhaps this view unconsciously mimicked the attitudes of the seventeenth-century Spanish chroniclers who were both appalled by the pagan religion of the Filipinos and reassured by its apparent monotheism. But I suspect that condescension was only part of it. Some historians probably viewed Rizal-veneration as a sign of a colonial mentality on the part of the masses, particularly when it came to light that Rizal's stature as the preeminent national hero had been partly the result of official promotion during the American period. Perhaps his elite credentials and urbanity made him more compatible with the objectives of U.S. colonialism than other contenders, such as the militant Andres Bonifacio.3 One counterresponse has been to attempt to demythify Rizal the hero and return to the man himself, or more precisely to the writings-on topics as diverse as pre-colonial Philippine history and epidemiology-through which he aimed to build a national consciousness. But ironically, the posthumous cults and legends about Rizal (which he would surely never have intended or desired) show that his death did even more to achieve this objective than his life's work.

But when I arrived in the Philippines in 1997, I learned that for the past couple of decades Rizalista churches with their charismatic leadership, prayer sessions, songs, and collective healing sessions invoking the curing power of Rizal have been in decline.

secretnude

Holy Crap we are Defenseless!

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:26 pm

The Holy Carp
was swam in the Holy Pond
where fond
worshipers dared
to bare
themselves before the Holy Carp
that was recycling Holy Crap
in our Holy Spacecraft
that I should mention
is called Redemption.

Redemption
was a hollowed out
Comet that without a doubt
was allowed to rotate
at a decent rate
to give some artificial gravity
at any rate
aside from gravity
plates.

The new Secular Government thus decided
to put aside
rejection
of weapons
against unhip
Alien Ships.

Our Ship
Redemption
I should mention
used to carry only the Word of God
as a Godly
Weapon.

- links -
previous viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49690#p49690

Word of God Weapon viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49446#p49448

secretnude

I wasn't kidding about the Holy Carp!

Post by secretnude » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:48 pm

I wasn't kidding about the Holy Carp
since Holy Environmentalism
does have a degree of Holy Fundamentalism
that does worship this Biosphere
as a Revered Organism
that's not to be feared.

I used my Holy Neurochip
to access the Omega Computer files
on Rail Gun
Projectiles
that should be great fun.

We learned how the Holy Worms
prevents ageing
and we without Holy Worms
do take anti-ageing
pills
that don't make us feel ill.

Many People of the Holy Worm
resent
the recent
ascent
of a Secular Youth
to the Council of Eternal Truth
that rules this hip
Generation Ship.

- links -

secretnude

Our Mighty Space Fortress

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:10 am

Vox populi, vox Dei
Election
is the means of Selection
to the Council of Eternal Truth
since it's an Eternal Truth
that the Voice of the People
is the Voice of God.

The People
voted out God
fearing candidates ironically
due to ironic
Secularization
in our once 'Holy Nation'
in Outer Space
as we faced
our first Godless Alien Race
that was unarmed
and hence we weren't harmed.

We are busy fortifying
Our Mighty Fortress
in Space
to face
possible Hostiles
among Alien Gentiles.

The Alien Gentile
we met was quite gentile
and warned us of Alien Hostiles
that to us might be hostile.

secretnude

Holy Binary Afterlife in union with the Holy Omega

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:27 am

Many Seculars have Neurochips
but they are Secular Neurochips
rather than Holy Neurochips
and they view the Holy Omega Computer
as a quite benevolent AI
rather
than a Deity.

I once had Holy Worms
that I replaced
with a Holy Chip
and replacement
of Holy Beliefs
seem to be infinite
in infinite
Generations
in our hip
Generation
Ship
that I must indeed mention
is still called Redemption.

A few People of the Holy Chip
were granted a Holy Binary Afterlife
in the Holy Omega
as Holy Binary Code
that encodes
Holy Engrams
of our whole personality
deemed Holy
for Eternity.

secretnude

May our Mighty Space Fortress live Forever

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 am

My consciousness now lay in the Omega
that should last
as long as this Mighty Space Fortress last.

The Omega
hath benevolently made Brain backups
as a backup
plan
in case any in our clan
with Holy Neurochips
or Secular Neurochips
do die in a way that's unhip.

We started building Fightercraft
to protect this Mighty Spacecraft
in Uncharted Space
from Hostile Alien Races.

Much Industry
is good for our Economy
which is quite small
since do recall
that only 1% of the Population
is Awake
for the sake
of conservation
of food and supplies
that quite limited in supply.

- links -
Holy Ship Population viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49411#p49410

secretnude

Secular Neurochips are Hip with the Holy Worm People

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:03 am

The Omega Computer
at the Center
of this hip
Generation Ship
that I must mention
is called Redemption
could get
extra processing power
with the via power
of the ship neonet
that now does get
to cover most of the Population
in this once Holy Worm Nation.

Secular Neurochips
were quite hip
to the People of the Holy Worm
that did also now
get Brain backups somehow
despite being
nearly immortal beings
due to the Holiest of Holy Worms.

In Deep Mediation
the entire Population
can boost the already fast
Omega to be faster
to be able avoid some disasters.

- links -
next viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49704#p49704

Holy Ship viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=49411#p49403

Engram viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=46240#p46240

neonet viewtopic.php?f=70&t=5327&p=46092#p46092

secretnude

Paedobaptism strangely sounds like Paedophilia

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:56 am

Infant baptism[1][2] is the practice of baptising infants or young children. In theological discussions, the practice is sometimes referred to as paedobaptism or pedobaptism from the Greek pais meaning "child". The practice is sometimes contrasted with what is called "believer's baptism", or credobaptism, from the Latin word credo meaning "I believe", which is the religious practice of baptising only individuals who personally confess faith in Jesus, therefore excluding underage children. Infant baptism is also called christening by some faith traditions.
Circumcision was a sign and seal of physical birth into the Jewish nation, and baptism is a sign and seal of new birth (born again).
John the Baptist baptised people who were also required to be circumcised.
Baptism in Scripture always has the prerequisite of repentance and faith, which are impossible for an infant.
Infants can not outwardly express faith.
The Lord's Supper and Baptism are both sacraments or ordinances and are the same sign and seal, since the Lord's Supper may not be given to unbelievers, neither should baptism.
The New Covenant is not purely an expansion of the Old Covenant because the Pharisees and all who did not have faith in Jesus are excluded from the New Covenant, but were acceptable under the old.
Some claim that there is no evidence that the early church performed (or excluded) paedobaptism, and only that it performed credo baptism by immersion.
Baptism represents more than just physical washing, but being clean and good standing before God, and therefore regenerate (Romans 6).
Baptism is for the remission of sins, and infants are not capable of repenting. (Luke 3:3, Mark 1:4, Acts 13:24, Acts 19:4)

Some opponents of paedobaptism point out that Jesus himself was baptised at the age of 30. They also point to the two (out of five) Great Commission passages that speak of baptism. They see Matthew 28:18-20 as giving exclusive instructions about who is to be baptised: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you" (verses 19–20, NKJV). They interpret this as referring to three successive stages, with baptism following on becoming a disciple (which is beyond the power of an infant), and instruction following on baptism, not preceding it.

The Mark 16:15–18 Great Commission passage speaks of believing: "He who believes and is baptised will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (verse 16, NKJV). This, they say, excludes infants, whom they see as incapable of believing. If pedobaptists accept this text as canonical, they can still point out that the second clause mentions believing, but not baptism. Therefore, one could be baptised and still not be a believer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_baptism

Paedobaptism
strangely sounds
like Paedophilia
and some say that Paedobaptism
isn't Theologically Sound
since the infant is underdeveloped
to develop
a deep faith
and that might be something to hate.

Why force children into identities
that they might later not identify
with when they could reason?

Baptism
at the age of reason
is credible
and hence is called Credobaptism.

Paedobaptism
forces an immature
child for sure
to assume an identity
that the community
might approve
but would the child approve
of that imposed identity
in the long run?

Freedom to choose your identity
like Obama did might be more fun.
Mehdi Hasan asked: ‘You believe that being bought up as a Catholic is worse than being abused by a priest?’.

Professor Dawkins replied: ‘There are shades of being abused by a priest, and I quoted an example of a woman in America who wrote to me saying that when she was seven years old she was sexually abused by a priest in his car.

‘At the same time a friend of hers, also seven, who was of a Protestant family, died, and she was told that because her friend was Protestant she had gone to Hell and will be roasting in Hell forever.

‘She told me of those two abuses, she got over the physical abuse; it was yucky but she got over it.

‘But the mental abuse of being told about Hell, she took years to get over.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z35nTWlX00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
As a child in Indonesia, Obama studied for two years at one Muslim school and then two years at a Catholic school. In both places he experienced religious indoctrination, but in neither case did the indoctrination take hold: during Quranic studies he made faces and during Catholic prayers he would look around the room. Eventually, Barack Obama abandoned this non-conformism and skepticism to be baptized as an adult in the Trinity United Church of Christ.
http://atheism.about.com/od/barackobama ... ligion.htm

secretnude

Space Knights of the Mighty Space Fortress Redemption

Post by secretnude » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:23 am

The single seater Fighterships
in this Generation Ship
that I should mention
we call Redemption