Flamingo Fairy

Short Stories available for anyone to read
Forum rules
These posts are public, and will be searched by Google. If you want to maintain "First Worldwide Rights" on your story, post in the Short Stories (Member Only) forum. Story authors still retain ownership and copyright, either way.
tbaker2500
Site Admin

Flamingo Fairy

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:19 am

(I received this email from my friend. I enjoyed it so much I had to share. With her permission, of course, and the names have been changed to protect the sleeping.)

My son Jacob lost a tooth yesterday. He decided to put it in his tooth fairy cup, along with a note for the tooth fairy explaining that he accidentally swallowed another tooth.

The tooth fairy forgot...until 6:45am after Jacob's mother had taken a shower and made all sorts of noise.

The tooth fairy entered Jacob's room to find a still sleeping child. Excellent news, BUT multiple land mines of all sorts existed between the tooth and the door- including the child who decided to sleep on the floor.

Delicate footwork was employed. Tiptoes, a spin here, tilt there, flamingo stance, tiny jump... The tooth fairy arrived at the tooth cup without incident and collected the tooth and the note. She placed some change into the cup and pirouetted to make a stealthy exit. It was then the note which she had been holding gingerly by the edge, slipped from her fingers and floated away. It fell and fell for what seemed like ages, and landed with a crisp crinkle- the noise that once wet, but now dry paper makes, squarely on the boy's chest. He stirred. Oh no. Now what?

The tooth fairy took two giant steps towards the door dodging Legos and matchbox cars, notebooks and crayons. The boy settled back to sleep and the tooth fairy grabbed the note as she took one final step out the door and into the hallway.

Only the disposal of the evidence was left. A few more quick steps and the tooth fairy placed the tooth and note into a secure location.

Success! Another childhood fairy tale remains a mystery. The child may suspect the tooth fairy is not real, but he remains without solid proof.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Short Stories (Public)”