Can't download in iTunes

drsteveplatt

Can't download in iTunes

Post by drsteveplatt » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:06 pm

Topic says it all. I can download anything before the restart.

Yes, I tried deleting the feed and adding it again. Episodes up to 386 download nicely. Episotes starting 6/20/18? It flashes for a second, then goes back to the "cloud download" button.

Funny, the little blue "it's here" button is often blue, but sometimes it gives the "alert" icon with the message, "There was a problem downloading "title blah blah.m4a". An unknown error occurred (0x80090318) Please check that the URL is correct and the connection to the network is active and try again."

Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Can't download in iTunes

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:44 pm

Yeah, have the same problem. Are you using iTunes on Windows?

I suspect it's an iTunes or an iTunes profile bug, since my iTunes will not download 2 other podcasts as well (I'm writing a Python downloader and will stop using iTunes altogether one day).

Anyway, until it's fixed you can use the "Download" links on the Main page.

drsteveplatt

Re: Can't download in iTunes

Post by drsteveplatt » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Yes, on Windows. This is the only podcast (of of quite a number) that's having this issue. I wonder what drabblecast and your other feeds have in common. Using the same stream assembler, which generates a format that iTunes doesn't like?

Anyone else on iTunes having this issue?

Yes, been using the download links, just more of a pain to manage that way... As Ted Nelson once said, "Using a computer should always be easier than not using a computer." Applicable here, to a degree...