B-Sides disruption

tbaker2500
Site Admin

B-Sides disruption

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:46 am

Hey guys, B-sides feed password will be failing right now. I'll get it back up soon.
Sorry
Tom
Last edited by Algernon Sydney is Dead on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo in title
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: B-Sids disruption

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:08 am

Okay, it's back. If iTunes is asking you for the password, just enter it again and it should work now.
Sorry for the disruption!

eric_marsh

Re: B-Sides disruption

Postby eric_marsh » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:39 pm

It's failing for me now.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm

I just checked mine, it's working for me. Is it still failing for you? In iTunes, or the web, or?
Thanks!

eric_marsh

Postby eric_marsh » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 am

Failing on iTunes. It's asking me for a userid and password.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:18 pm

A few months back Norm moved the B-Sides to a bonus feed for $10/mo subscribers. If you's are one, you should have received an email from him with your username and password for the feed. If you are, and are entering it, and still having issues, please PM me and we'll work it out!
If not, what's wrong with you, man? You're missing out on the Connor Choadsworth video trip to the everglades, and frequent awesome stories. I mean, $10 is one lunch around these parts. Can't you afford to skip just ONE lunch a month to keep these stories coming? What's health and nutrition in comparison?
:D

eric_marsh

Postby eric_marsh » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:19 pm

Oh - that's all news to me. I'll kick it around.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Listen to his announcement in ep 278-
http://www.drabblecast.org/2013/04/07/d ... e-know-it/

As always, thanks for being a kick-ass listener!

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:10 am

tbaker2500 wrote:I mean, $10 is one lunch around these parts. Can't you afford to skip just ONE lunch a month to keep these stories coming? What's health and nutrition in comparison?

Actually, there are 2 factors, for me.
The first is logistics: On the burnable-ID cards I use, $100, per yer, per card is the limit (for complicated reasons, that I will not be discussing).

The second is psychological, anecdotal "studies" seem to indicate that $1 per show is a big pivot, price-point. Lots of people start balking at higher costs. If you just count the B-sides, $10 a month works out to $3 to $10 per show (so far). Alas, the way it is marketed, people will tend to think of it that way, discounting the value of the regular shows, and supporting them.

That said, I've got a note to launder the dough and sign up. I just haven't done it yet, but I will (may take 4 weeks).

But I think you'll get more takers if you:
(1) Emphasize that the $10/month is for *all* the great shows -- even if you could freeload most of them.
(2) Provide a "Buck a show" option. We love DC, but we do notice that the shows don't exactly come out like clockwork.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:35 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:I mean, $10 is one lunch around these parts. Can't you afford to skip just ONE lunch a month to keep these stories coming? What's health and nutrition in comparison?

Actually, there are 2 factors, for me.
The first is logistics: On the burnable-ID cards I use, $100, per yer, per card is the limit (for complicated reasons, that I will not be discussing).

The second is psychological, anecdotal "studies" seem to indicate that $1 per show is a big pivot, price-point. Lots of people start balking at higher costs. If you just count the B-sides, $10 a month works out to $3 to $10 per show (so far). Alas, the way it is marketed, people will tend to think of it that way, discounting the value of the regular shows, and supporting them.

That said, I've got a note to launder the dough and sign up. I just haven't done it yet, but I will (may take 4 weeks).

But I think you'll get more takers if you:
(1) Emphasize that the $10/month is for *all* the great shows -- even if you could freeload most of them.
(2) Provide a "Buck a show" option. We love DC, but we do notice that the shows don't exactly come out like clockwork.

ASID,
These are excellent points and this is exactly the type of feedback I live for. So thank you, very much.

To address your two:
(1) I try to emphasize this already. I totally agree with you. I worry that hounding too much every week becomes a BLAAAAAAA MONEY MONEY MONEY that people don't listen to as it is, so I limit Bsides promo as much as I can. But I feel like I do talk it up a good bit at the same time. But yes, on a cost-value level I think personally Bsides would be inconsistent like you inferred. Certainly there are weeks/months when the value of an episode in one's estimation is higher than $3-10 per show, other less so. The point is definitely just to give people a little extra incentive to help us out on a consistant basis as a market, not to look at it from a pay-for-service perspective. If all of our listeners subscribed for 10-bucks-a-month we would easily have twice as much content on both our feeds to an epic proportion as far as production goes. I hope we get closer and closer to that.

(2) This one is easy and I will look into making that happen. A buck can go a long way. At the same time, the point of Bsides was to convert people giving at a lower level up to the $10 dollar mark, where we can really enact more effective change-- just so you see where we are coming from. Putting out 4 episodes a month at our current level is intense and expensive, the man hours are just insane. You'll always get 3 eps a month though and Bsides ensures that you get 4, quite possibly more. July, August and Sept. will be 4 episode months on the regular feed plus multiple Bsides eps each month. I think people who stick with us long term will def see the value overall. We're deeply involved in the make-ends-meet side of things, not the rip-people-off.
For the record, people that make a one-time donation of $120.00 also get Bsides access.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 am

Okay, I washed the stink off some bills and "donated" $120. It's been 45 seconds now and still no B-sides! :P

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:40 am

Yay!

dbennett

Postby dbennett » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:47 pm

The password has been failing for me the past three days on iTunes. It'll prompt, I enter it, nothing downloads. ☹
--

Dave Bennett

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Well that's not good!
I'm investigating further, I'll post as soon as I know something.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:54 pm

I've cleared the cache. Try it again. If it fails again, I think you should try the following:
In iTunes, right click on the podcast, select Unsubscribe. Right click again, and select Delete.
Go back to Drabblecast.org, on the right hand side, under B-Sides, click on the iTune link. It will subscribe it again in iTunes. If you still have troubles, PM me.

Return to “Tech Support”