Upping my monthly Subscription to get B-Sides?

Thomas Daulton

Upping my monthly Subscription to get B-Sides?

Postby Thomas Daulton » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi all, I may have a nearly-unique situation/problem regarding my subscription, I didn't see any other more appropriate forum thread to ask about it. Thanks in advance for your time if I'm the only guy with this problem.

For many months or something like a year, I have been a $5/month subscribing donor. When it was announced that B-sides were only available to $10/month donors, I didn't jump at the chance because I was unemployed at the time.

Now I have a regular job donating blood 8 hours per day (jk :lol: ) so I was considering upping my subscription to $10 and getting the B-sides.

How can I make this change and be sure to receive a password etc.? If I just add an additional $5 PayPal subscription, will you guys notice it and put $5+$5 together? Do I have to edit the amount from $5 to $10 via PayPal, because I don't see any obvious option to do that. Should I maybe cancel the $5/month and start a new subscription at $10/month? What works best for you guys, have you dealt with this question before?

I just recently noticed that my monthly subscription to a different podcast was terminated when I cancelled the membership at the podcast, but PayPal has kept on deducting the donation every month until recently. So apparently welching on a PayPal subscription is a tricky piece of work. Hence, I thought I'd ask you guys directly. Have you dealt with this question before?
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Upping my monthly Subscription to get B-Sides?

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 am

Hey hey! Thanks for thinking of us!
This subscription paypal thingy is not computer driven, Norm sits on the other end and squeals in delight when someone helps shoulder the burden of making a show like the DC.

I think the easiest thing is cancel the current subscription and make a new one.

Thanks for being awesome!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:08 am

Yep, Tom's right. Canceling your subscription and starting a new one is the easiest for all. Thanks for your support Thomas!
"Give us all some Jelly"

Thomas Daulton

Postby Thomas Daulton » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:05 pm

Awright, I did this late last night. You may have seen a new $10 subscription via PayPal from dewin_bach at Hotmail, that's the address I use for online bills etc.

But that's me, Thomas Daulton, (which is also a pseudonym... ahh, the schizophrenia brought about by the Internet these days!), so you could PM me here with the password, or Hotmail, or whatever...
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:58 am

Awesome, thanks man! Norm should be sending you a welcoming email to your email listed on the paypal account!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Tech Support”