New iTunes unsubscribes podcasts?

tbaker2500
Site Admin

New iTunes unsubscribes podcasts?

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:12 am

I was noticing that my iTunes hadn't downloaded the newest episode, 297. After fiddling around, I find out that the new iTunes had unsubscribed me on this and several other podcasts! In the new iTunes, in the podcast section, click on the Drabblecast Audio Fiction Podcast. In the upper right there is a gear labelled Settings. Click it, and make sure Subscribed is checked.

Anybody else having this problem? It's a new arrangement in this version of iTunes.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: New iTunes unsubscribes podcasts?

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:27 am

What's the iTunes version?

This is why I don't let software auto-update. This goes triple for Apple and Microsoft products.
(And my employers have screwed many a customer with their "improved" releases. Our number one service call, for weeks after each "upgrade", was for help in reverting to the version that worked the way the customer needed.)

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:48 pm

11.1. It's the new version that works with IOS 7.
I think it might be related to syncing with my iPad, the iPad subscription settings being back-imported to iTunes. I don't know, just putting this out for other people to check.

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Well I haven't updated iTunes, but for me iTunes wouldn't download (even manually updating) 296 and 297 as of yesterday, so I went to the iTunes store and searched for them specifically. It's weird, up through 295 the episodes are listed under "Drabblecast" and everything updated fine, but 296 and 297 are under "The Drabblecast Audio Fiction Podcast" which I had to subscribe to separately, then they downloaded ok.
Mush, Baby!

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Postby Varda » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm

cinnamon wrote:It's weird, up through 295 the episodes are listed under "Drabblecast" and everything updated fine, but 296 and 297 are under "The Drabblecast Audio Fiction Podcast" which I had to subscribe to separately, then they downloaded ok.

If you are super-anal like me and need to have all the episodes under the same heading, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix this. You'll just need to edit the data of the files with a tag editor. I had this same problem with my library (and also with my Escape Pod and Podcastle files) until St. Tom taught me everything I ever needed to know about data editing and solved the problem. :D
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Cinnamon, there was some funky stuff going on with the feed. If you refresh it today, is it correct?

cinnamon

Postby cinnamon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:59 am

Varda wrote:If you are super-anal like me and need to have all the episodes under the same heading, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix this. You'll just need to edit the data of the files with a tag editor. I had this same problem with my library (and also with my Escape Pod and Podcastle files) until St. Tom taught me everything I ever needed to know about data editing and solved the problem. :D

I am only slightly anal, so it doesn't bother me. But thank you. ;)

tbaker2500 wrote:Cinnamon, there was some funky stuff going on with the feed. If you refresh it today, is it correct?

Well look at that. Yea, now they're there.
Mush, Baby!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:58 am

There was an issue with too much story text appearing in the podcast feed, causing the feed to be too large. Been fixed now.

In case you guys missed it, the full text of each new story is now on the website to read! It's now a podcast and a e-zine!

Return to “Tech Support”