I haven't done a lot of testing (which is hard on an intermittent problem on a server that you don't own), but the problem does seem to be isolated to the DC servers.
A typical example just a few moments ago:
- Clicked a link on the forum.
- Simultaneously opened another complex-ish site in a new tab -- to help rule out problems at my end.
- The other site completed everything in less than a second.
- Firefox took 2.6 seconds to connect to forums.drabblecast.org.
- It took another 7 seconds to finish loading the page and that includes multiple instances of taking 500 to 800 milliseconds to return a 304! (Page is loading from cache)
These lags are typical across a variety of DC pages and seemed to start happening within the last 3 to 5 days.
Anyone else seeing this? (Or did Tom get diabolical with the hell-ban? )