B Sides subscription failure

dbennett

B Sides subscription failure

Postby dbennett » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:45 pm

I received an email on the 9th saying that my monthly subscription could not be processed via PayPal because of X. Hmmm. I contacted PayPal and spoke at some length with them about the issue. They said that a) They would have NEVER sent such an email addressed in such a way with such a salutation and b) that there was nothing wrong with my account as stated in the email that would cause such a problem. In fact, other subscriptions processed fine the days before, on, and after the Drabblecast one was to process.

The original email said they would try to process again in four days and they did. Another failure, another, identical email. Four days later, another try and another failure.

The eMail has a link in it to enter a credit card "back up" for processing. Being a security freak from the early '80s, there was no way I was going there. The PayPal people said it was not a link to them and they would strongly advise against clicking on it, too. There was also an email listed saying:

If you have any questions about this subscription, please contact John Carvin.

Name: John Carvin
Email: drabblecast@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal says this is definitely not from them, but the fact still remains that my Drabblecast subscription is not being processed. In fact, with the failure of this third attempt I am informed that my subscription is canceled.

I'd really like to resolve this as we love the Drabblecast and really enjoy the additional content our contribution brings. How do we proceed?
--

Dave Bennett

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: B Sides subscription failure

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi Dave!
Sorry you ran into issues. I'm going to PM you some info.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Tech Support”