Hiding from the Coronavirus.

This is the place for tangental conversations
behind the ziggurat

Hiding from the Coronavirus.

Post by behind the ziggurat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I live and teach English in China, and I haven't left the house except to walk my dog for 3 weeks, hiding from the Coronavirus. My city Changsha isn't nearly as bad as the centre of it all Wuhan, here it's just people and communities self-quarantining themselves mostly. Some of my friends' communities (we all live in gated Judge Dredd-like blocks of matching apartment buildings) have established a pass system where each household has one exit pass to use every 2 days, but my community hasn't had any reported virus cases so we haven't got so ruthless yet. Not that people are going out anyway.

Anyway, just felt like posting this here because it's the first time in my life I've really felt like I'm living in a Drabblecast story. The little post-apocalyptic vibes I get when I put on my face mask and walk my dog in a once thriving, now deserted area always make me think of Uncle Norm and his top ten post-apocalyptic short films list, and my favourite story Jimmy's Roadside Cafe. Fortunately we haven't got to Jimmy levels yet! Anyway, I love the Drabblecast, feed the jacket.

Spindaddy

Re: Hiding from the Coronavirus.

Post by Spindaddy » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:20 pm

I know this is from February and its now September, but man, this is basically sums up my life since march. I haven't left the house much at all, not so much due to fear as much as I just don't have to leave. I have one of those mega commutes (50ish miles one way, 90 minutes to 2 hours) and I've been doing it for so long, not leaving the house to commute feels good. I started naming the squirrels and chipmunks. I had favorite birds at the feeder. I scowled fiercely at people walking too close to my lawn. It feels like the beginning of a story of some sort.
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.
Zombie Catfish.