New Twin Peaks miniseries due in 2016

This is the place for tangental conversations
Chairman Goodchild

New Twin Peaks miniseries due in 2016

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:08 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT??!!
Tell me! What do you want, the soul of my firstborn child? It's yours!

‘Twin Peaks’ Returns As Showtime Limited Series From David Lynch & Mark Frost

Twin Peaks fans’ quarter-century wait is over. One of the top cult series of all time is coming back with a new limited series on Showtime from its original creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost. The nine-episode series will go into production in 2015 for a premiere in 2016 to mark the 25th anniversary of when the series finished its run on ABC. In a fact that will delight Twin Peaks devotees, Lynch and Frost will write and produce all nine episodes, with Lynch set to direct every episode.

The new Twin Peaks will be set in the present day, more than two decades after the events in the first two seasons. It will continue the lore and story of the original series, with Lynch and Frost committed to providing long-awaited answers and, hopefully, a satisfying conclusion to the series. It is unclear which actors from the original series will be featured in the followup. I hear that star Kyle MacLachlan will be back, reprising his role as FBI Agent Dale Cooper who was at the center of the show. UPDATE: MacLachlan hinted at his return as Cooper on Twitter later today: “Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit :-) #Twinpeaks.“

The ABC series also featured some of Lynch’s favorite character actors, and it is likely that at least some of them will return. Leading to the 2016 debut of the Twin Peaks limited series, Showtime will re-air the first two seasons of the series, owned by parent CBS Corp.
[story continues at link]

So. Wow. I first saw the series back in the mid 90s when I was in college, and I was hooked. I know I'm in the minority here, but I liked the second season better than the first. It completely obsessed me, and is now in my personal cult TV hall of fame, along with American Gothic, Firefly, She-Wolf of London, and Aeon Flux. I always had a bit of a grudge against David Lynch for not making any attempt at finishing the series. Come on, just give us a novel series or a graphic novel as a follow-up. But nope, nothing, nada, nai.

I had a bit of hope a few years back during the 20th anniversary of the show that ABC would do something like this, as there was a storyline of Agent Cooper communicating with a 20-year older version of himself during the show. When that anniversary came and went with no news, I completely lost all hope. Finally, 25 years later, this news is completely blindsiding.

Doctor Who finally came back, and now this. If Neil Gaiman would ever finish his run on Marvelman, I would be a happy, happy geek.

Now I just have to explain to my wife why our firstborn child disappeared in a cloud of brimstone...

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: New Twin Peaks miniseries due in 2016

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:54 am

Well, he did follow it up with the movie "Fire, walk with me" which was as strange as the entirety of th T.V. Series times a bazillion+9.

But, I'm gonna catch this mini-series for sure.

Every episode ditected by Lynch? F$&@ Yeah!
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

unseentangerine

Postby unseentangerine » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:48 pm

That show was so great, but I think it should have been a limited series to begin with. It starts out all about Laura Palmer and that's the whole reason Agent Cooper is there. After that was solved it seemed like they got kinda loose with story. But any reason to watch Audrey do anything is a good reason. . . man, if the entire series was just her sitting in a chair reading I would have watched it :wink:
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

tamarbucks

Postby tamarbucks » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Yay! More Twin Peaks!! And the release of "Deleted Scenes" off the Blue Ray, presented by Funny or Die... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9znBSsX5Hs

Return to “Off-Topic”