This Forum

This is the place for tangental conversations
Gedankenexperiment

This Forum

Postby Gedankenexperiment » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:41 pm

This forum feels... somehow like ruins. Like I'm spelunking or urban exploring. Even on the off topic thread the latest post is dated October 2015. Yet, it's not dead. Even on my relatively new posts there are views. It's as if there are eyes in the dark of an abandoned factory building.
There is a small river of life, the drabble and twabble section. But even there, the water is syrupy and unresponsive; there are posts but few responses. People may dislike this aspect of the forum, but for some reason I love it. People see what I post, but there none of the burying avalanches of posts and topics or stupidly heated arguments.

Bump if you feel the same. Tell me if I'm wrong.

It's OK if nobody says anything.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: This Forum

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 pm

Yes, the forum has lost its vibrancy and the podcast is more than a bit erratic (but still higher quality than several, more active, podcasts).

I mainly come back here just to fight of the occasional avalanche of spam (I hate spammers more than most, apparently).
If you really like the dilapidated atmosphere, then I'd apologize for replying, but you dragged me here on a separate issue so you deserve it. :P

If you really don't like the dilapidated atmosphere, then feel free to try and drum up participation.

Return to “Off-Topic”