Favorite Normisms

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 am

"Yah, no bickering, there's more than enough genetic material to go around. "
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

swamp

Re: Favorite Normisms

Postby swamp » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:54 am

You kind of need Episode 109 - Babel Probe by David D. Levine as a backdrop, but this line was hilarious:

"We should market little dorky bracelets that say ‘What would ChronExplorer2009 do?’."

Beth Peters

Postby Beth Peters » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:50 am

That one's good. There's a ton. The fake news in episode 55 was one of the wittiest I remember, about the measures taken to keep bums from public benches, including giant metal spikes installed on benches, which just ended up "trapping the less elastic hobos that wedged themselves between the spikes to sleep..."
Then the city spends tons of tax dollars buying expensive comfy leather reclining couches for the homeless people, to lure them away from the benches.
Then as a last resort "in a desperate attempt to fix the severe problem of people without homes sitting in places where people with homes sat...when they weren't in their homes" the city hires the homeless people to sit on benches to displace themselves.

It perfectly satires the absurd bureaucratic thinking that gives us most of our public policy. I actually wondered for awhile, because of Norm's delivery, if this story was real. I always think of it when I hear absurdity on the news.
A Jetson Your Llama! I never said that it was a Mexican McDonalds!

Foxfyre Recluse

Postby Foxfyre Recluse » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:59 am

So far out of all the Drabblecast I've seen, (which is not a lot, (don't worry I'm working on it)) is from 127,
"...of course Rob Robinson catches carp, leprechauns catch carp, the flu catches grass carp. Kobe Bryant, Bono, Tom Cruise, Kenneth Lay, Frosty the Snowman, Alex Rodriguez, Hualdo Rivera, Carlos Mencia, Kanye West, Lakers Fans, Battle Field Earth, 1995 Ford Explorers and your mom all very very much like to take either doe or grass, which ever is more convenient to the, and catch massive amounts of grass carp with it."
Umm... left then right

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:43 am

Foxfyre Recluse wrote:So far out of all the Drabblecast I've seen, (which is not a lot, (don't worry I'm working on it)) is from 127,
"...of course Rob Robinson catches carp, leprechauns catch carp, the flu catches grass carp. Kobe Bryant, Bono, Tom Cruise, Kenneth Lay, Frosty the Snowman, Alex Rodriguez, Hualdo Rivera, Carlos Mencia, Kanye West, Lakers Fans, Battle Field Earth, 1995 Ford Explorers and your mom all very very much like to take either doe or grass, which ever is more convenient to the, and catch massive amounts of grass carp with it."

Wait til you dig back far enough to hear his field report about noodling for candiru.

(I'm too lazy to dig up the episode number, but if you're a dedicated weirdo, you'll get there...)

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:41 am

This is not (even remotely) a Normism but this report [ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/se ... -un-speech ] on Gaddafi's recent UN speach reminded me of a rambling Norm rant (especially the 'wind-up the EscapePod audience so that they love me' variety). Perhaps there are a few bucks in speach writing for the Libian loon.
Phenopath's Story Archive
The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Foxfyre Recluse

Postby Foxfyre Recluse » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:32 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
Wait til you dig back far enough to hear his field report about noodling for candiru.

(I'm too lazy to dig up the episode number, but if you're a dedicated weirdo, you'll get there...)

I would like to go that far back, but when I try to see, "where it all began", it doesn't play.

I go to the MP3 section, because when I play in the podcast section, it plays for a while then gets a big question mark on the screen. When I go far enough back on MP3, it doesn't play at all. The play button won't even come up.

What is going on with this?
Umm... left then right

swamp

Postby swamp » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 am

Foxfyre Recluse wrote:I go to the MP3 section, because when I play in the podcast section, it plays for a while then gets a big question mark on the screen. When I go far enough back on MP3, it doesn't play at all. The play button won't even come up.

What is going on with this?

There's something wrong with the original archive, but I was told most people go here:

gardenstreet.org/drabblecastarchive/MP3_Warehouse/index.php

Foxfyre Recluse

Postby Foxfyre Recluse » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:25 am

It lives

Thank you very much.
Umm... left then right

Richmazzer

Postby Richmazzer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:36 pm

This is the guy who coined the phrase "Don't let the cat out of the bag....
because this is a Dentist's office, and that's the last thing we need running around here."

He's confident...arrogant even...about his ability to coax up mythical creatures from the ground using only camel intestine dolled up as a saucy deathworm lolita.

Alasdair5000

Postby Alasdair5000 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:42 pm

I'm still very fond of 'Yeah, well your mother's a conflict of interest.'

swamp

Postby swamp » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:44 pm

My latest favorite:

"The Grinch and the Whos, Texans and Jews, Humphrey Bogart and Jesus, here’s looking at yous."

strawman

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:26 am

My favorite was the Marriott corporate meeting reviewing duck safety protocols. And the long long outro tacked onto the "creative commons license" statement, about memorizing the drabblecast, descending into subterannean caves during the nuclear holocaust, emerging to a new drabble-based religion, etc. That was a Rube Goldberg.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

The hole looks like something a giant cylindrical segmented fish might dig, if a fish dug holes, and if sand were water, and if worms were fish.

Spoiler:

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:21 pm

I generally keep a favorite Normism in my sig. Unfortunately, I forgot to save my favorite from the Halloween special before overwriting it with the one that's in there now. Which is totally freaking awesome too, but I feel like the universe is missing one.

However, I have still never deleted The Great Pumpkin from my fauxpod, and I guess I could listen to it again. Today. Bwa-hahahahaha.

Anyway, for the preservation of the future, here is the one currently in my sig. I'd wish her long sailing, but given Norm's awesomeness, I sincerely doubt she'll last.

"It's like ooooh, there's an asp. Uh, the thief deals it 2 damage now he *YAAAAWN* gets a frickin' shadow gauntlet or something. Oh god. Cast fire 3 spell. Uhhhnnn. Paladin."
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Where from?

Spoiler:

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:41 pm

strawman wrote:Where from?

Hm, four or five episodes ago at the end talking about another podcast where he lent his vocal talents. He was talking about how fantasy wasn't his normal cup of tea. I might have had to make minor adjustments to it to get it to fit in the signature.

EDIT: Hm, now I'm not entirely sure I understand which one you meant. If you mean the "lost quote" it is from The Great Pumpkin episode leading up to the introduction for And Then The Whole Town Gets Their Brains Eaten, and the quote ends with "Happy freakin' Halloween, everybody" or something like that.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 pm

The "I give up, let's all go rent a f***ing Meg Ryan movie" one?

Ya, Cryptkeeper Norm is a special treat.

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:40 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:The "I give up, let's all go rent a f***ing Meg Ryan movie" one?

Ya, Cryptkeeper Norm is a special treat.

Yep, that's the one. I'm going to catch up on The Golden Age of Fire Escapes (part two! OMG the finale for MDW is EPIC) and the one that looks like it has a link instead of a title before delving back into the awesomeness that is The Great Pumpkin however.

dreamrock

Postby dreamrock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:40 pm

"(...) and she has two very adorable kitty cats. Ok, that's it. I give up. Why don't we all just go rent a [beep] Meg Ryan film. Happy freaking Halloween, everyone."

Return to “DrabbleQuotes”