Sci-fi High - Lyrics

Lyrics & comments. Bbardles are CC licensed - share all you like!
aalangley6

Postby aalangley6 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:14 pm

I can try to make some drawings of the characters and such for flash. Do you want me to draw each body part seperatly so you can put them in layers like in South Park? Or I could find some sprite sheets on the internet.
"I'll live through this is a manner cursed of my own accord." -Claudio Sanchez-

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Welcome to our motley rabble, aalangley6. Thanks for being the first to pitch in!

I don't think that will be necessary: I can cut them up in PhotoShop as needed.

It might be good to hold off sending me stuff for the moment, though. Norm is going to get me a video of himself for me to cartoonify, then that can serve as a reference for other drawings, so the styles can be similar. It may be a few weeks before that gets done, $0 budget being what it is.

Actually, strike that. I'm sure I could find some way to use most anything. If drawings don't end up matching the overall art style, then they can become posters on walls, graffiti in the bathroom: Stuff like that. Send whatever you like.
Advertise in this space!

aalangley6

Postby aalangley6 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:41 pm

Thanks for the greeting. I've been listening to the podcast for since the third episode but I just got around to getting on the site.

Grafiti I can do, It's one of my specialties. Is it going to be all real pictures or cartoons? I need to know if the drawings should be hand drawn and scanned to the computer or drawn directly into the computer.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon May 19, 2008 10:51 pm

I'm not planning to use any real movie clips or photographs at all. It doesn't matter what drawing method you use, so long as the style is simple with bold outlines. Actually, our drug-smuggling Nazi friend is drawn in a style suitable for easy incorporation into a Flash movie.

If you intend for the drawing to be used as bathroom/wall graffiti and not be animated, then use whatever style you want.
Advertise in this space!

aalangley6

Postby aalangley6 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:04 pm

Alright. Tell me if you need anything.

LajesticVantrashellofLob

Awesome song, but...

Postby LajesticVantrashellofLob » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:04 am

This is going right up there with "White and Nerdy" and "The Elements". Absolutely brilliant.

I kept waiting for a Douglas Adams reference but then I got a Doctor Who reference instead. :shock: AWESOME.

My only (incredibly minor) critique is that I still think it needs a Hitchhiker's reference. Even just "Don't Panic!" inserted somewhere...

zZzacha

Postby zZzacha » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 pm

I love this rap. I. LOVE. THIS. RAP. This rap: I love it.

Great rap, Norm! Man, you can do anything.

Very refreshing, to make a rap for a woman. It's such a 'male genre'. But hey, I'm not male and I love this rap! (so... either I'm one of those exceptions to the rule, or you made a rap that doesn't fit the genre... No, kidding! Great rap!)

Oh, and I'm starting to become a Bumper Of Action Lists, so here I go: how is the Video going? ;P
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

cammoblammo

Postby cammoblammo » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:17 pm

I'm a little unclear zZzacha. Did you like the rap or not?

zZzacha

Postby zZzacha » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:17 pm

cammoblammo wrote:I'm a little unclear zZzacha. Did you like the rap or not?

Well, cammoblammo, I have been thinking about this for a few days. I let it dribble in a bit. And I came to this conclusion:

LOVE. IT.

I even went so far as to buy Norm's CD and I'm afraid to say it out loud, because I really don't like to hurt anybody's feelings... And I'll just say it once, because it may lose it's power if I say it too much.

Norm, I love your CD.

Hmm... Saying it this way really doesn't convey my fellings. Nor my feelings, for that matter. Because, people, Norm's CD really is fun! He now has at least one fan in Holland :]
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey, everybody. Announcement.

The Sci-Fi High music video is still in the works and is now entering phase 2... Which means I haven't actually started on it yet, but I'm currently converting a video of Norm performing so that I can start on it. Phase 1 was Norm making said video. Phase 3 will be me actually producing something. Phase 4... Well, at this rate the Obama administration will be over before we get to phase 4, but it might happen eventually.

Anyway, I'm still interesting in artwork contributions if any of you have got some mad vector-drawing skills and want to create characters to populate Sci-Fi High. I'll hopefully have a short clip of cartoon Norm done... um... sometime that y'all can use for reference.

Just keep it in mind.
Advertise in this space!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:19 pm

I was experimenting with different ways to do this, and I've identified one that doesn't work very well. Thought I'd slap the outtake up here, though, just for kicks.

Outtake 1.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:30 pm

All I get is a blank screen...
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Oops. I linked to a naked swf file. Try now.
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Re: Sci-fi High

Postby normsherman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Hey if anyone's interested you can hear this puppy on the Dr. Demento show tonight. woohoo!!

http://www.radio-locator.com/
"Give us all some Jelly"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:13 pm

Gonna be bigger than My Bologna. Big Grats and 10 up-top.

I went by the Dr.Demento site and requested MORE NORM SHERMAN.

Everyone else should too.

(I asked for "Pimp My Satellite" and "Juzt Mizunderstood." specifically)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 am

So Norm, I didn't have a radio available. Did the good and demented doctor pimp the drabblecast well for ya?

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:56 am

He did mention the Drabblecast! (minus actual web address unfortunately)
Let us hope to make new weird friends from such air waves.
Till then, I wholeheartedly agree with ROU's suggestion to write and request more me. Not because I deserve it, but because other people deserve it less. right?!?

Tweedy has no reign out in Demento land, sock puppet away! Write Demento from 3 different email accounts! Strap explosives to yourself and dive right in to that marketplace/transit center! Drabblecast offers more wives in the afterlife than any other religion-- see for yourselves people!
Write radioloon4@ca.rr.com asking for more me. Our editors will give you a mansion. Made of frikkin gold.... or PEZ candy, or Baja Chalupas (please specify which.) mansionwivesjihadpoonaniGONOW!!!
"Give us all some Jelly"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:32 pm

normsherman wrote:He did mention the Drabblecast! (minus actual web address unfortunately)
Let us hope to make new weird friends from such air waves.
Till then, I wholeheartedly agree with ROU's suggestion to write and request more me. Not because I deserve it, but because other people deserve it less. right?!?

Tweedy has no reign out in Demento land, sock puppet away! Write Demento from 3 different email accounts! Strap explosives to yourself and dive right in to that marketplace/transit center! Drabblecast offers more wives in the afterlife than any other religion-- see for yourselves people!
Write radioloon4@ca.rr.com asking for more me. Our editors will give you a mansion. Made of frikkin gold.... or PEZ candy, or Baja Chalupas (please specify which.) mansionwivesjihadpoonaniGONOW!!!

As you can see from my updated signature, the full weight of The Culture is right behind ya, Norm. (Although the full weight of The Culture was behind PAINGUIN too, so take that for what it's worth...)
Consider the call to arms well-spammed here on the forums.

btw, you should read up on your Iain M. Banks Culture novels if you haven't read them yet, not only because they are fricken kick-ass, but because if I finally save up enough to be the kick-ass donor of the week, I'll want a Culture bbardle... ;-)

Reading assignment:

1) The Player of Games
2) Use of Weapons
3) Excession (whence my namesake comes from)
4) Consider Phlebus
5) Look to Windward

1&2 are interchangeable in priority, Use of Weapons is widely regarded as the best Culture novel, but Player of Games was my first, and well, you know how it is with your first.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 am

haha, sweet, will look into them ROU.

Also, found this page http://www.drdemento.com/request/

Might be a better avenue for requests, since it's set up for that.
"Give us all some Jelly"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:09 am

Gosh, I found that link before you. Doin my best to pimp ya as much as I can, beeotch. Figure the least I can do is put my over-posting tendencies to good use, besides causing Forum Overloaded messages here on the DC site. :)

Return to “Bbardle”