Radioactive Runaways - Lyrics

Lyrics & comments. Bbardles are CC licensed - share all you like!
krisula

Radioactive Runaways - Lyrics

Postby krisula » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:11 am

Dude! You knocked it out of the park. I loved the song. Funny and well written and really nicely performed too.

potatohamster

Postby potatohamster » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:07 am

Haha, that is so a "Randy Jackson" comment. I despise american idol, but that is exactly what he says.

Also loved it in its entirety. Couldn't have been more perfect. Even made me tear up a bit! MAJOR Kudos to Mr. Sherman!
Life is like that block of bleu cheese hidden in the back of the fridge: stinky and getting moldier.

normsherman
Site Admin

Radioactive Runaways

Postby normsherman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm a radioecologist staring in horror at the TV screen
I see my old pet box turtle Gamera, but now he's huge and his eyes shoot laser beems
He's got a Japanese submarine in between his front teeth, can you believe he used to be like a son to me?
My my my they grow up so fast

I found you in a basin full of radiation, a nuclear reservoir power plant station,
A starry-eyed tenderfoot terrapin swimmin in trashbins brimmin with uranium mutagens
Transformation, total mutation, turtle sent by Satan to destroy every nation

I saw jet propulsion rockets blast from a cavity in your ass
They took you off the ground and up into the sky you never turned around and you never said goodbye
And it seems just like yesterday I was bringing you home to my lab
Guess it's true what they sometimes say, they grow up too fast
Those radioactive runaways

Now you're knockin down cities no pity for the people of Tokyo
You say it's payback time for all the sludge and slime dumped in your waterflow
Oh, where did we go wrong? Where did we lose track? Where'd you get the plasma cannons hooked into your back?

Then suddenly behind you, another daikaiju, your old arch nemesis Barugon
He used to be a Tokay gecko back in the day but then came gamma rays and atom bombs
Now he's bigger than an Amtrak, glowin spikes on his back, with some kind of weird-ass rainbow laser beam attack

I saw thunderbolts crashing, fireballs flashing, twenty ton turtle and a gecko clashing
Reptile movie stars, Barugon and Gamera's battle of the century caught on all cameras
It seems just like yesterday I was bringing you home to my lab
Guess it's true what they sometimes say, they grow up too fast
Those radioactive runaways

I saw fire and flames comin' out of your face
Ready to annihilate the whole human race
I turned off the TV, with tears in my eyes
Thinkin bout the good times and how they fly by
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Yeah, this was a gem. I happened to be listening to it in the presence of a very senile old lady. I played it four or five times because, for her, every time was the first time. I know she didn't understand what it was about, but she seemed amused nonetheless. But every single time, she got this shocked look on her face and said "Rockets blast from what?!", to which I replied that I hadn't caught the line.
Advertise in this space!

myke_deschain

Re: The song: They Grow up So Fast

Postby myke_deschain » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:03 am

Ok this is my 5th or so Bbardle that I've heard and I think I've got the jist of Norms style/skill at writing songs and I'm really impressed...

This one was good... The verses flow well and the chorus is certainly a good enough hook for the radio... I've gathered that your very much not a fan of mainstreamed music (and neither am i... really), but this is only a complement Norm.

A few curious questions though: Do you play all instruments or do you used a drum machine ect.? Do you do all your own mixing/recording and if so what programs are you using? And lastly and srry to bother you but do you do your own vox harmonies and such?

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re:

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 am

potatohamster wrote:Haha, that is so a "Randy Jackson" comment. I despise american idol, but that is exactly what he says.

Also loved it in its entirety. Couldn't have been more perfect. Even made me tear up a bit! MAJOR Kudos to Mr. Sherman!

Hmmm Norm Sherman on American Idol... What an amazingly, wonderfully, subversive idea...

Why it would make that show, dare I say it, watchable.

Remember when it comes to strangers vs. normals, there are actually more of us than them, and we have the techie skills necessary to hack the ATT voting system.

We, the dedicated forumites of DC, could take all our skills gaming the Mega-Beasts competition national and push him to the toppermost of the poppermost.

Read this post then delete and burn the forum server that houses it. Don't want the smoking gun of this post to let the cat out of the bag.

(And what sick bastard put that cat in the bag in the first place? That's what I want to know.)
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

myke_deschain

Postby myke_deschain » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 am

I second this idea and not just because I hate these shows and everything they stand for... that's right, there furtherance of the fox broadcasting network... But really this should be done.. and if he fails next year we can enter him as 'the Zombie of Norm Sherman'...

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:57 am

myke_deschain wrote:Ok this is my 5th or so Bbardle that I've heard and I think I've got the jist of Norms style/skill at writing songs and I'm really impressed...

This one was good... The verses flow well and the chorus is certainly a good enough hook for the radio... I've gathered that your very much not a fan of mainstreamed music (and neither am i... really), but this is only a complement Norm.

A few curious questions though: Do you play all instruments or do you used a drum machine ect.? Do you do all your own mixing/recording and if so what programs are you using? And lastly and srry to bother you but do you do your own vox harmonies and such?

Thanks for the compliment!

Don't have a drum set so I use loops if I need drums in a song. The rest I can manage with my closet full of instruments and either Protools or even just Garageband.
"Give us all some Jelly"

myke_deschain

Postby myke_deschain » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 am

normsherman wrote:Thanks for the compliment!

Don't have a drum set so I use loops if I need drums in a song. The rest I can manage with my closet full of instruments and either Protools or even just Garageband.

Yea thats kinda what i figured, but you manage to pick loops that sound decent anyways... Nothing really sounds all that compressed, which is great.

Keep em coming, i think you should put vo-cor. in your next song... Ah yuk yuk... but really though, you doing a t-pain/everysongontheradio spoof would be classic..

Return to “Bbardle”