Pimp My Satellite - Lyrics

Lyrics & comments. Bbardles are CC licensed - share all you like!
tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:24 am

Oh yeah, that's tight homie! The final edits look great!

Hey Norm, in addition to utubing it, why not Podcast it as a b-side? You already got video there. It looks like Tweedy got a nicely compressed file all ready for ya.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Okay, peeps. Here's the official link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMXk5Y7Gv6Y

Spam it! Spam it to everyone! Spam it to your friends, your enemies, your probation officer, your congressman! Cover the land in shameless spam! Get yourself banned from forums by spamming them with this link!

Spam it now!
Advertise in this space!

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Richmazzer

Postby Richmazzer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:10 pm

Nice! Is it me or does the sound seem somewhat distorted? I compared it to my downloaded version and there seems to be a noticeable difference in quality.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:32 pm

Richmazzer wrote:Nice! Is it me or does the sound seem somewhat distorted? I compared it to my downloaded version and there seems to be a noticeable difference in quality.

I noticed too... Beats me why, unless it's just the You Tube is low quality. It certainly wasn't distorted before I uploaded it.
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:06 am

Hmm yah, it does sound distorted-- ill try to figure out whatsup
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:20 pm

I think I reduced the distortion issue. New file here: http://www.freemodemedia.com/drabblecast/pimp.mp4.

I think the bulk of the problem is that You Tube's sound compression just doesn't like that long, steady tone. But I think the problem was made worse by the sound processing I was using. So, the sound here is reprocessed, and I think it's a little better.
Advertise in this space!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:30 am

Hey Norm, what about adding more tags to your youtube entry? When I search for pimp my satellite, Tweed's posting comes up but not yours. I'm thinking that more text and more tags could help. Here's a tag set I think might work. I suspect that the earlier the tag, the better it is.

Hubble song upgrade satellite space race NASA pimp my satellite shuttle launch telescope deep field spectrograph infrared camera xray parody rap norm sherman freemode media drabblecast bbardle.

It will also likely help your search results if you include some hubble search words in your description text.

Google hides their ranking system, but this is worth a try to get more views.

mrgoldenbrown

Re: Pimp My Satellite

Postby mrgoldenbrown » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 pm

It goes without saying that this song kicks ass. I was listening to it today, and had a concern - the last space shuttle is going up next year, and for a while the US will actually be hurting, launch vehicle wise. The line 'what have you been launching lately' is going to come back and haunt us, when we're forced to buy rides on Russian flights...

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 am

True, but since the song and video are completely anachronistic anyway, I'm not sure it will hurt their credibility much.
Advertise in this space!

Beth Peters

Postby Beth Peters » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:24 am

Just thought I'd share that this video is on ebaumsworld. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80677836/

The funniest, most absurd part of it to me is if you see how many views/ratings this video has compared to the main featured page stuff, which shows a video of someone "paintballing" another guy (it has about 5X more views and ratings after a week) and also a balding guy singing a song in front of his computer camera/mic called "I hate being white" where he is singing god-awful lyrics that he presumably just wrote, from a sheet he is reading below him on his desk.

No wonder you guys can't get viral. Step down the quality some. Or a whole hell of a lot.
A Jetson Your Llama! I never said that it was a Mexican McDonalds!

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:39 pm

Holy cow!! Something I made has got advertising pasted over the top of it!! I'm- I'm- Sponsored! :tears of joy:

Yeah, I know: The ads would be there if it was just a video of me picking my nose in slow motion and it had 0 views. But, still, it's fun to see someone else's watermark on something I made.

I think you're actually right about the quality being too high. Not the quality of production, but the quality of concept. The humor in the song is actually fairly sophisticated. You've got to know a bit about the Cold War, the Space Race, and gangsta culture to get when it's funny, and that's probably a pretty small group.
Advertise in this space!

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 pm

At the end, it says "If you liked this video, you'll love these:", and of course, there are no other videos listed. :-) I think the DC humor broke the recommendation algorithm.

Arvedui

Postby Arvedui » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:31 am

My God, it's full of bling... :shock:

Oh by the way, I got here via EscapePod a week or two ago, not through ebum's world.

Return to “Bbardle”