Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Locked

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Romance Blossoms in Winter

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:21 am

"I miss you, baby!" Todd was drunk and he continued, "Please come back... I love you; I still write your name in the snow."

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: It's not all fire and brimstone.

Post by dreamrock » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:"High Electric Bill"
For the umpteenth time that day, God turned down the dial on the thermostat and shouted, "Who keeps turning up the heat?"
"How did I get an electric bill?" God fumed. I have my own Sun and lightning bolts!
Lucifer chuckled as he ordered pizzas.
:lol: I think we need a double-header twabble this week.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 pm

ASID, I swear I voted on 12/1. But I get a message saying that for my vote to count, I have to click on a link that will be emailed to me, and I never get the email. Tell me how to crash the gates of this monstrous fortress of evil.

Also, F5iver, you de woman!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:09 pm

As I rummage through this ravaged rubble, I wonder, “Is it worth the trouble? Does the slightest trace of truth remain?"

OR:

As I rummage through this ravaged rubble,
I wonder if it’s worth the trouble,
And if it is, then my efforts I shall double.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:14 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote: So, I was wondering what you masters of twabbling could do with the following challenge.

A drabble, composed entirely of twabbles. You have use as many or as few twabbles as you like, long as it all adds up to 100 words, and each section adds up to 100 characters.

The winner of this absolutely unofficial contest gets nothing more than the phrase "<insert winner here> is the Lord of the Twadrabble," placed in my signature line for a week.

ASID? Jebi, Are you up to the ROU Twadrabble Challenge?
I have been thinking about doing this, and I think I will. Each section should (at least sort of) also work alone, right?
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:26 pm

An Atheist’s Rationalization, or, untitled:

The Infernal Demons ascended to smite God. But found that no such creature existed, and so they too become nonexistent.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:35 pm

TheJebi wrote:As I rummage through this ravaged rubble, I wonder, “Is it worth the trouble? Does the slightest trace of truth remain?"

OR:

As I rummage through this ravaged rubble,
I wonder if it’s worth the trouble,
And if it is, then my efforts I shall double.
The first is pretty good.
There is probably a word for the second. Doggerelish, maybe. "Then I shall double my efforts" is better. I know efforts doesn't rhyme, but maybe that makes the point. If you have to invert the syntax to get the rhyme, doubling your effort isn't worth it.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:54 pm

strawman wrote:
TheJebi wrote:As I rummage through this ravaged rubble, I wonder, “Is it worth the trouble? Does the slightest trace of truth remain?"

OR:

As I rummage through this ravaged rubble,
I wonder if it’s worth the trouble,
And if it is, then my efforts I shall double.
The first is pretty good.
There is probably a word for the second. Doggerelish, maybe. "Then I shall double my efforts" is better. I know efforts doesn't rhyme, but maybe that makes the point. If you have to invert the syntax to get the rhyme, doubling your effort isn't worth it.
Yeah, the second one is very silly, I had not posted in over 24 hours, so I just used it to announce that I'm back, and to sound like Golem, or Yoda, or somebody like that.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Cafeteria Snapshot; I hate Vegetables:

Glaring at the cyborg-plant guy with his mashed soil nutrients and nano-diodes, I slowly chewed another bite of salad.

OR:

Spinachman, with his bowl of soil nutrients and nano-diodes, just glared at me as I slowly chewed another bite of salad.



(Get it, "My efforts I shall double". Two versions... Oh, don't worry, this is the last with two versions, and the last silly one, for a while.)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:45 pm

strawman wrote:ASID, I swear I voted on 12/1. But I get a message saying that for my vote to count, I have to click on a link that will be emailed to me, and I never get the email. Tell me how to crash the gates of this monstrous fortress of evil.
It's possible that PodcastAlley's email got blocked by an over-zealous spam filter (It does trigger an SPF fail).

Make sure your email address was correct, then check your Spam or "junk" folders.

Also, Make sure info@podcastalley.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false is unblocked.

If that fails, PM me.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 pm

“The Villain's Dilemma” or untitled:

Hero had his gun trained on my head. I stared at mine on the ground beside me. I had two choices; give up, or pick it up quick.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:02 pm

(Okay, I guess I misspoke about not being silly for a while… :? Enjoy. :) )

"Hmmm. Control. You must learn control," said Yoda
"Precious, precious!" Gollum cried. "My Precious! O my Precious!"

------------------------------
“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.” - Yoda.
"No. We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious." – Gollum

------------------------------
“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”
"Precious! Gone, gone, gone! Smeagol is free!"
"Happy for you, am I."
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

A Twabble-Drabble (as requested)

Post by TheJebi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 am

THE BARGAIN… I SHALL REMAIN:

My ship torn apart
By a cranky infant god
I used escape pod

Avoiding my death
Was easy when compared with
Finding a new life

As I finished writing the haikus, I heard a loud, ominous voice echoing in the small escape pod cabin. It made me an offer.

"The best things in life are free, but if you don't want to die, give me your soul, and I will treat it well," Said the voice.

I remember that voice to this day. And as I watch the last star burn out, I become encompassed by the pitch black darkness.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:35 am

‘The image says it all,’ thought Carl Zombie. How dreadfully sad, though, to find out baby food contains no actual baby.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:44 am

F5iver wrote:‘The image says it all,’ thought Carl Zombie. How dreadfully sad, though, to find out baby food contains no actual baby.
Good, but it's an old, old joke (along with the baby oil joke I used a while back).

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 am

Yea, I'm tired. Plus, with 43 pages of twitfics, and you responsible for 86% of them, I missed a lot.
:lol:

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 am

“Cheeses of Nazareth, we worship you!” The acolytes beat their chests and cried loudly, “You are holey, holey, holey.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:57 am

F5iver wrote:Yea, I'm tired. Plus, with 43 pages of twitfics, and you responsible for 86% of them, I missed a lot.
:lol:
Yeah, I think my best twabbles were largely overlooked.
And there's no way, in Heck, that Norm reads all of this thread.

PS. I'm down to 70%. Jebi has taken over much of the bulk-posting duties. :wink:

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:00 am

F5iver wrote:“Cheeses of Nazareth, we worship you!” The acolytes beat their chests and cried loudly, “You are holey, holey, holey.”
Hoot! :lol:

That's the first laugh-out-loud, I've had on this thread in a couple days.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3516
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Helen Killer

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:02 am

The blind woman traced her fingers over the boy's face, she felt his beauty.
Pleased, she placed his head in the freezer.

Locked